Nay for bats! :(

Haliaetus

Came home last night to find my dog hanging out with a flying bat. Really was quite unsettling for me. Bats don't bug me outside, or if I'm seeing them at some kind of exhibit, but the moment they step into my home and invade my personal space is when I lose it. This happens almost every summer, one would think I would be used to it by now, but no. Anyway, that one was removed from the house quite easily and then was set free back where it should be outside. Then, I woke up for work this morning, only to find another bat hanging from my bedroom door frame. I'm feeling very unsettled right now, and am not liking these multiple bats invading my house. -_- Have any of you ever had to deal with bats in your house? I have plenty of stories I could share about my many experiences, but I want to know if anyone else has felt my pain. :P

You found the Batcave!

I like bats, but I have never had them invade my house. Perhaps if they did, I would no longer like bats.

I would hate to call an exterminator because I would hate for them to die. But if you've found more than one in your house, I'm guessing there's a nest somewhere. Call Animal Control for advice, and they might help you with some humane traps, or they might be able to find the nest.

Then, I woke up for work this morning, only to find another bat hanging from my bedroom door frame.

That would make me feel a bit unsettled too o.O The one time I saw a bat, it was so dark outside that I wasn't even entirely sure it was a bat (and, I guess I'm still not :P)

I've never had any real encounters with bats, so I can't say with any certainty that it wouldn't bother me, but I think they're kind of cute c:

How do they get inside?

(I googled vampire bats and found out that there is one called hairy-legged vampire bat :P)

Oh no! I quite like bats (their little faces omg ^_^), but I would be quite freaked out if one was in my room in the morning!

I can't say I've ever had to deal with that- it seems like there aren't many in my area- I've never even seen one outside of a zoo!

I like bats but I would prefer them to stay outside where they belong. Just a couple weeks ago we had two little brown bats come into our house at night. We have no idea how they got in but managed to get them safely into a container and released back outside where they could hunt for their food and diminish our insect population. The bats weren't in the house at the same time they both came in on different days, who knows could have been the same bat twice.

Ah I'm exactly the same as you, but I know if I found one in my house I'd run around screaming, then I'd cry, then I'd scream at it and then I'd run out of my house. I'm terrified of, well, everything but especially bats. I don't mind them being on the other side of a wall/glass to me.

Oh dang! No i havent but we were invaded by ants. There were like 500 ants next to the corner of your window. It was so disgusting lol. Maybe you should call a exterminator? ;o

You found the Batcave!

I like bats, but I have never had them invade my house. Perhaps if they did, I would no longer like bats.

I would hate to call an exterminator because I would hate for them to die. But if you've found more than one in your house, I'm guessing there's a nest somewhere. Call Animal Control for advice, and they might help you with some humane traps, or they might be able to find the nest.

Thought about the exterminator approach, but like Karina, I don't want them to be killed. I just want them out of my house. :P I think I will call Animal Control though.

That would make me feel a bit unsettled too o.O The one time I saw a bat, it was so dark outside that I wasn't even entirely sure it was a bat (and, I guess I'm still not :P)

I've never had any real encounters with bats, so I can't say with any certainty that it wouldn't bother me, but I think they're kind of cute c:

How do they get inside?

(I googled vampire bats and found out that there is one called hairy-legged vampire bat :P)

That's what I don't know. Couldn't tell you how they're getting in. :/ But lol! That's an interesting bat name. ^_^

Oh no! I quite like bats (their little faces omg ^_^), but I would be quite freaked out if one was in my room in the morning!

I can't say I've ever had to deal with that- it seems like there aren't many in my area- I've never even seen one outside of a zoo!

You're lucky! They're all over here in the summer. Whenever I take my dog for walks at night they're flying all over my head. :(

I like bats but I would prefer them to stay outside where they belong. Just a couple weeks ago we had two little brown bats come into our house at night. We have no idea how they got in but managed to get them safely into a container and released back outside where they could hunt for their food and diminish our insect population. The bats weren't in the house at the same time they both came in on different days, who knows could have been the same bat twice.

Yeah, that's what happened with these bats. I don't like getting them killed.

Ah I'm exactly the same as you, but I know if I found one in my house I'd run around screaming, then I'd cry, then I'd scream at it and then I'd run out of my house. I'm terrified of, well, everything but especially bats. I don't mind them being on the other side of a wall/glass to me.

Exactly! But when they're in my bedroom... no thank you. :/

Then, I woke up for work this morning, only to find another bat hanging from my bedroom door frame.

I really like the idea of that :D Although I'm sure I'd feel differently if it actually happened to me. Some things are just never exactly the way you imagine it. They can carry diseases too, right?

The only "intruders" we've got are moths. I just bought moth traps yesterday and I felt so bad seeing them starting to circle them, because they only cause harm to material things. But then again, it really sucks to put on your clothes and seeing them full of holes.