Food Club Guide

This is how to play food club:

Follow this system according to the no. of positive arenas.

What odds to use?

The odds for the various pirates change throughout the day. Many people have different theories about the relevance of opening odds, movements, and closing odds.

My theory is that the opening odds are determined by the Neopets computer, based on their actual chances of winning, and that movements throughout the day are caused by players' actions: if a lot of players bet a pirate his odds go up; if almost noone includes him, his odds go down.

Since I consider the opening odds to best reflect the actual chances, these are the odds I always use when picking my bets.

Calculating value

The first step in my betting system is to calculate the value for each of the five arenas. The value is found by converting the listed odds to percentage values, adding those percentage values, and subtracting the total from 100%.

For example, suppose the pirates in an arena are listed as 2:1, 6:1, 8:1 and 13:1. Converting to percentages yields 50%, 16.67%, 12.5%, and 7.69%; a total of 86.86%.

The value of this arena is 13.14% (100% - 86.86%).

Choosing bets

The next step is to count the number of arenas with a positive value, since the bets to be made depend on the number of positive values.

If there are no arenas with a positive value:

In this case, I don't bet at all.

There are people who will bet, and some will even make nice wins. But in my experience, you'll lose more neopoints than you win in the long run, so the winning strategy is not to bet if no arenas have a positive value.

If there is one arena with a positive value:

In the positive value arena, find the pirate with the 2:1 odds. (There should always be exactly one). I will make ten bets (the maximum), all on this pirate + one other pirate.

Here's how to find the ten pirates to include in these bets are:

1. Start with the remaining arena with the highest value. (Since the remaining arenas have negative values, remember that -2.5% is higher then -14.8%!).
    Use all pirates from this arena, except those that have 13:1 odds. (The reason why I omit 13:1 pirates is that their real odds might be much worse. The Food Club never goes below 13:1, but the actual odds may be worse - and an actual win chance of (for instance) 25:1 with a payout of only 13:1 is terrible value. Sometimes, the strength and food adjustments of pirates indicate that it might be a "real" 13:1; in those cases, I do include the 13:1 pirate in these bets).
  2. Repeat the previous step until you have exhausted the ten bets.

Note that you must include all pirates from at least one arena. If all the arenas with "high" negative value have one or two 13:1 pirates, then you must either use a different arena, or include the 13:1 pirates from one arena (check strength and food adjustment to find one that is at least close to a "real" 13:1).

If there are two arenas with a positive value:

Let's call the arenas with a positive value X and Y.

You place ten bets, as follows:

1. One bet on two pirates: the 2:1 pirate from X combined with the 2:1 pirate from Y;
  2. Zero or more safety bets on two pirates: the 2:1 pirate from X combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from Y;
  3. Zero or more safety bets on two pirates: the 2:1 pirate from Y combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from X;
  4. All remaining bets are "booster bets" on three pirates: the two 2:1 pirates from X and Y plus one pirate from one of the three remaining arenas.
    The choice of the third pirate in the booster bets is similar to the choice for finding the second pirate in the section for one positive value above.
    One extra guideline is that the single 4:1 bet on the two 2:1 pirates may be replaced by a booster bet if at least one arena has all its pirates included in booster bets.

If there are three arenas with a positive value:

Let's call the arenas with a positive value X, Y, and Z.

You place ten bets, as follows:

1. One bet on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from X, Y, and Z;
  2. Zero or more safety bets on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from X and Y combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from Z;
  3. Zero or more safety bets on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from X and Z combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from Y;
  4. Zero or more safety bets on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from Y and Z combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from X;
  5. All remaining bets (if there are any) are "booster bets" on four pirates: the three 2:1 pirates from X, Y, and Z, combined with one pirate from one of the two remaining arenas.
    The choice of the fourth pirate in the remaining bets is similar to the choice for finding the third pirate in the section for two positive values above. This also includes the option to replace the single 8:1 bets on the three 2:1 pirates with an extra booster bet if at least one arena has all its pirates included in booster bets.

If there are four arenas with a positive value:

This is extremely rare - and offers a very good chance to make lots of neopoints.

1. One bet on four pirates: the 2:1 pirates from W, X, Y, and Z;
  2. Zero or more safety bets on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from W, X and Y combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from Z;
  3. Zero or more safety bets on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from W, X and Z combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from Y;
  4. Zero or more safety bets on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from W, Y and Z combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from X;
  5. Zero or more safety bets on three pirates: the 2:1 pirates from X, Y and Z combined with each of the 3:1 to 10:1 pirates from W;
  6. All remaining bets (if there are any) are "booster bets" on four pirates: the four 2:1 pirates from W, X, Y, and Z, combined with one pirate from one remaining arena.
    The choice of the fifth pirate in the remaining bets is similar to the choice for finding the fourth pirate in the section for three positive values above.

If all five arenas have a positive value:

This is an extremely rare scenario.

1. Two bets each on the two least likely to win pirates of each arena combined with the three arenas that have the highest value excluding the arena with the two least likely to win pirates.

Note: If there is 1 or 2 extra bets, consider adding some safeties or 8:1 bets (for four-arena play), 4:1 bets (for three-arena play), and (a) 2:1 bet(s) (for one and two-arena play)

How to bet:

1. Go to foodclub.daqtools.info

2. According to the system, formulate your bets.

3. Click bets on the upper left corner of the page.

4. Click Calc1.

5. Select your bets from the drop down list.

Note: If this is your first time betting thru this page, you need to input the bet amount. It is written on this page: http://www.neopets.c....phtml?type=bet

6. Click Submit.

7. It will list the bets you made and their expected value. Ignore the expected value column. Review your bets and click Place your bet! once your done reviewing your bets.

Note: Remember, you only have 7 days to keep your winnings saved up for a round until they expire. The best time to start saving up is the 25th or 26th of each month. That gives you about a week to start saving for the very beginning of the next month.

Credits: www.neopets.com/~MyFoodClubBets and www.neopets.com/~Jawsnapper0991

Today's Bets: (4842)

Scurvy x Gooblah x (Buck, Peg Leg)

Scurvy x Tailhook x Franchisco

Gooblah x Tailhook x Bonnie

Scurvy x Gooblah x Tailhook x (Squire, Orvinn, Fairfax, Crossblades)

Scurvy x Gooblah x Tailhook

Tailhook x Gooblah

Bets that won are in bold.

Edit: Round 4842 Results: 12 units out of 10 units bet

for 2500 NP a bet, that earns 5000 NP

Edited by rockyroad1

Today's Bets for round 4844

Buck x Tailhook

Gooblah x (Bonnie, Stripey)

Gooblah x Buck x (Peg Leg, Ned, Crossblades, Franchisco, Federismo, Scurvy Dan, Sproggie)

Edit: Tailhook and Stripey both won today! 10 units loss.

Bets for Round 4845:

Gooblah x Stripey

Gooblah x (Orvinn, Crossblades, Stuff)

Stripey x Buck

Gooblah x Stripey x (Scurvy Dan, Sir Edmund, Bonnie, Tailhook)

Gooblah x Stripey x Squire OR Stripey bet only

Yesterday's Results: 26 units out of 10 units bet

for 2500 NP a bet, that earns 40000 NP.

Yesterday's Bets: (Round 4843)

Gooblah x (Sir Edmund, Sproggie, Crossblades, Squire, Stripey, Buck, Tailhook, Peg Leg, Ned, Puffo)

Pirates that won in bold.

Month to date: 388 units out of 200 units bet

+94% ROI

for 2500 NP a bet, that earns 470000 NP.

• 1 month later...

Awesome guide!

Note: Remember, you only have 7 days to keep your winnings saved up for a round until they expire. The best time to start saving up is the 25th or 26th of each month. That gives you about a week to start saving for the very beginning of the next month.

Are you supposed to hold onto your winnings in there? I collect mine daily. :/ Is it smarter to collect them once a week, or is it just a matter of preference?

I collect my winnings every day, unless I'm trying for a trophy. If you want a trophy, you'll need to hold on to your winnings because you virtually can't get a trophy any other way. (I've been trying for a gold trophy for a few months, and even as a player with an old account, I'm having trouble.) Otherwise, it's just personal preference.

Too much math..... must stop reading......

Just kidding, but no seriously. I'm terrible at math. >.< The meer thought of it gives me a migraine.

Thank you for the guide though. I haven't participated in the food club yet, so I really don't know what it's all about.

Once I do, I'm sure I'll be needing this.

Thanks!

Bets for Round 4903:

Buck x Federismo

Gooblah x Crossblades

Gooblah x Buck x (Bonnie, Scurvy Dan, Tailhook, Puffo, Sproggie, Franchisco, Squire, Fairfax)

Yes, collect winnings for 8 rounds if you are aiming to get a trophy.

I collect my winnings every day, unless I'm trying for a trophy. If you want a trophy, you'll need to hold on to your winnings because you virtually can't get a trophy any other way. (I've been trying for a gold trophy for a few months, and even as a player with an old account, I'm having trouble.) Otherwise, it's just personal preference.

Ahhh, okay, I see now. :) Thanks for clearing that up!

I tried for the first time yesterday and made a bit if NP. I am going to do this daily. How many 2:1 should I do all 5 isn't that good odds.

I've been copying http://www.neopets.com/~myfoodclubbets bets for the past couple of days, and I have consistantly been making a profit-- 50k the first day, 10k the next, and I think 30k today.

I'm not really good with the actual stats part of it, but maybe take a look at the page I linked to (and maybe some of the other bets page he links to), and see what other people do. You may be able to figure out your own betting system from there (or just adopt someone else's bets, like I did. :P)

I also follow www.neopets.com/~myfoodclubbets. Another good one is www.neopets.com/~jamila233, which also includes links to a few other guides that are regularly updated in case you don't like either of those bets.

OMG. I won almost 400k from the Food Club today! :O I love this game sooooo much.

I won on one bet that was 64:1, and another that was 8:1. Beautiful, beautiful Food Club. <3

Well I am starting to copy themyfoodclubbets guide. Its earning a lot on some days, but none on other days.

Yeah, I know. I've stopped betting on days when s/he isn't using their normal system, or they say that none of the arenas were positive, haha.

Round 4914:

System (Safe):

Ned x (Gooblah, Scurvy Dan, Sir Edmund, Lucky, Squire, Puffo, Tailhook, Franchisco, Orvinn, Admiral)

Looks Riskier: (Higher payoff)

Buck x (Federismo, Peg Leg)

Ned x (Bonnie, Stripey)

Buck x Ned x (Gooblah, Scurvy Dan, Tailhook, Franchisco, Orvinn, Admiral)

If you don't want to risk with his bets, follow the safe bets.

He counted Lagoon as a positive arena.

Payoff:

Safe:

0:10 - 41.667%

8:10 - 2.082%

10:10 - 1.640%

12:10 - 9.321%

14:10 - 8:374%

16:10 - 0.870%

18:10 - 5.338%

20:10 - 4.466%

22:10 - 4.375%