This weeks Random Contest question!?!?!?!

Sakeru_Kyori

Ok so here is the link to this weeks randome contest.

http://www.neopets.com/spotlight_subs/random_contest.phtml

It says here that the picture is supposed to look vintage like the ones they had linked too. I'm wondering if it means that the picture I submit has to be oldish looking or if it just has to be a traditionl poster advertising to go somewhere. Since vintage means age, traditional, classic, typical, era, period.

Which means a lot of people are starting to travel. Even here at Neopets Headquarters, more people are taking time off and traveling around the world and the country. Your task for the upcoming weeks is to create a travel poster for someplace in Neopia. This should be a vintage looking poster like these (link will take you from Neopets.com).

Anyway I have a picture almost completed but I really don't want to make it sepia color or whatever to make it look older >__< should I send it how it is or try to mke it look older?

It says you can draw the picture too and I don't see how they'd expect people to draw a poster and make it look old looking.

The examples are not set in sepia :P

A poster looks vintage because of the typography (fonts), the color palette, the composition...

Lol I know that, I just said that because it could be a color to help make a picture kinda look older :P

But ok ^^ thanks.

I made one that I was actually pretty happy about (I used a grainy effect) but forgot to add my username to it before submitting, so I'll probably suffer an immediate disqualification :c

I wouldn't go with sepia, myself. Which ever you decide, good luck to you c:

As soon as I'm done I'll post a copy version t oshow you guys what I came up with and hopefully it will be what they are asking for :P I'll be done in about an hour or so ^^.

Ooooh good luck! I've been working on this too and had a couple problems, but I am just gonna submit what I made because I am pretty happy with it. Talk to friends and show them what you made, they may be able to give you pointers. That's what I did. (Thanks Angelo. ♥ I appreciate your input, hun. :) *hugs* )

It seemed easy, that's why I started working on it, but I think it's harder than it looks, because I feel it's not very clear on what EXACTLY they are looking for. I had and am having a lot of fun with it though and that is the main part! If you are happy with the end result, you're good. :)

Ok so here's the original and the darker one is the "Vintage" one :P Does it look ok and do you think it's what they might be looking for? The Copy is on there for obvious reasons >_< sorry. lol

TDNCOPY1.jpgTDNVINTAGECOPY.jpg

I really like your vintage one c: I wish you the best of luck!

I was so excited when I saw what the competition was for, but now that I've started sketching out an idea, I'm realising it's much harder than I thought! I'm not much of an artist at all. :( So we'll see how this goes, haha.

Best of luck, everyone!

And yeah, I wouldn't go with sepia, I don't think.

Lol I was never going to go with sepia guys ^^ I was just refering to it because it is a color to help make a photo look older :P haha.

Thanks ^__^ and Photoshop really isn't that hard once you get the hang of it :P just practice and mess around with it.

crap it double posted >_< sorry TDN!

it came out beautiful!

good luck!!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

here is my entry, as promised. :) Not gonna make a new topic for it though. And I already sent it in so if anyone is thinking about it; no use to steal it! XD

Thats sweet looking ^___^ Good luck in the contest!

Good luck to everyone! There is some awesome entries. :3

Mine is kind of looking awful in comparison, haha.

2vs41oz.jpg

I didn't really realise until after I entered it just how messed up looking the "see" was. Oh well!