Heat Streak in the US

~Ğǿǿmy~

2 days of a blizzard does not sound fun. My school actually does the same thing but luckily I live on campus so I don't have to worry about driving through stuff.

Magic Mike was amazing. And yeah we had a lot of lightning too which really kind of freaked me out while I was driving. The flashing can be distracting.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in Arkansas, we've had all of our past few weeks over 100, with no rain since the middle of June. :skull:

Due to the 4th, and the lack of rain, we have been put under a "burn ban". :(

No. Where I live, there is no such thing as sun here nor heat. Only 70 degree weather with no sun. That might change, but we never see triple digit degrees. We're vampires here.

I just wish the weather in my area would decide if it wanted to blisteringly hot or ridiculously stormy and stick with it. I'm tired of leaving the house prepared for both heat in the 100s and storms that knock down trees oO;

Yes the 1, 2 punch of extreme heat and power outages lately has been annoying. My fiance and I were so upset this weekend because we were planning on using Game Cookies and playing Neopets all day on Saturday but we couldn't haha. That being said, we were definitely fortunate since we got our power back late Saturday night (and I know lots of people whose power is still out!)

No. Where I live, there is no such thing as sun here nor heat. Only 70 degree weather with no sun. That might change, but we never see triple digit degrees. We're vampires here.

Oh, jealous. It's just now 90 degrees here and still hot, it's been SO miserable this week! And it's not even August yet. I'm going to die.

Oh, jealous. It's just now 90 degrees here and still hot, it's been SO miserable this week! And it's not even August yet. I'm going to die.

We also do not have this thing called "humidity" of which so many speak.

Nice! We totally do, I live down south and the humidity is killer. I do miss living up north, where if it rained it cooled things off!

All it EVER does is rain, save for July-October. We get summer LATE here, which explains why school still gets out in June instead of May. :P

Sun? Heat? Humidity? There's no such thing! As for winter....snow? On occasion, but we seldom see a feet of snow.

All it EVER does is rain, save for July-October. We get summer LATE here, which explains why school still gets out in June instead of May. :P

Sun? Heat? Humidity? There's no such thing! As for winter....snow? On occasion, but we seldom see a feet of snow.

Wow. For me, you live in the perfect climate! I actually don't mind rain that much, honestly.

Sounds like Seattle lol.

The south isn't the only part of the US that's been hot. I live in Michigan, and it's been around 90 degrees for the past week. I even got a really bad sunburn from when I went to the beach.

In freaking MICHIGAN. Sheesh..

Wow. For me, you live in the perfect climate! I actually don't mind rain that much, honestly.

Truth is, everybody loves the rain but me, who is sick of seeing nothing BUT gloominess and wet.

Sounds like Seattle lol.

The south isn't the only part of the US that's been hot. I live in Michigan, and it's been around 90 degrees for the past week. I even got a really bad sunburn from when I went to the beach.

In freaking MICHIGAN. Sheesh..

I have a friend from Mich who has been dealing with over 100 degree weather. Even the Northern states are stuck with it.

And Seattle? You're pretty darn close!

You lucky people! Don't moan about the heat over here in England it hasn't stopped raining for pretty much a month - you would never believe its Summer!! Wettest June for the past 100 years!! :sad01_anim:

My summer wardrobe has 3 pairs of wellies in it now!

It's been cool and around the 60-70 degree weather for the past few days, and sunny. Rainy last week, but by this weekend it will be 90! Gotta fix the straps on one of my sundresses, though I'm probably going to be wearing my green Hawaiian dress on Saturday instead. Gotta get more summer clothing - where I live, none of us ever have enough for summer.

i'm not sure if california is part of the heat wave but its definitely HOT over here :)

california is definetly NOT.sooo cold!but not snowing.anyway,on my way to las vegas.

Well, Michigan's been getting a lot of rain and thunder and stuff lately, but it's still been very muggy. Feels like an urban rainforest or something.

Weather shows it going down to the 80s next week, though. Still too hot for Michigan, but at least it's not 90.

Actually, take a look at this. I follow the Detroit Tigers Twitter account, and they tweeted this photo a few days ago: https://p.twimg.com/Aw_R5jRCAAAIlhs.jpg