Account was Frozen-- How long until I get a reply?

xspiritedxawayx

Hi, I'm new here. I don' t know if this is the right place to ask, but I just found out this morning that my account was frozen! Oh the heartbreak! Especially after winning a Halloween paint brush in Test Your Strength and trading it for that Faerie paint brush I've always wanted. Anyways here was the reason they gave:

Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection. This can include falling for a scam or entering information into a fake login page.

I already contacted them, but I just wanted to ask if there was anyone else ever in this situation who got their account back, and how long it took to get a reply? That is, if there even is a chance of getting it back :(

Aww, I'm sorry that this happened. Though, I am happy to say, that people have had their accounts returned after they were frozen for that. Submit a ticket, and provide as much information about the account that you can- the more the better. They want to ensure they're going to be returning the account to the right person.

Be prepared to wait though. Sometimes they are returned really quickly, sometimes it takes weeks or months. But the more proof you have that it is your account, the faster you should get it back. :)

Best of luck!

Thanks! Haha I guess its a good thing I decided to start randomly screencapping things yesterday in event that I should one day lose my account xD

Haha, very good thing indeed! :) I hope that you get your account back quickly!

I hope so too! :3

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

scoptophobia is right. To help speed up the process, be as detailed with your account as possible when you submit your ticket(s).

List past pets, past trades, past wins (like the paintbrush - if you can remember the day), neofriends, your very first pet, if you have any Neocash code numbers left from a card, former passwords, former email addresses - things like that to help them identify that it IS in fact you.

I told them about winning the paint brush and trading it (haha because I was telling them how that's the only thing I could think of that could seem "suspicious", though it was all fair and legal.) I also told them how I had just beaten Punchbag Bob yesterday, so maybe that will help? And for the screen caps I took, I was dumb and didn't attach them because the image file was too big and I figured I could always e-mail it to them when they replied x_x. Anyways they still haven't replied :( But I guess that's to be expected when there is probably hundreds of other people trying to get their account back.

I told them about winning the paint brush and trading it (haha because I was telling them how that's the only thing I could think of that could seem "suspicious", though it was all fair and legal.) I also told them how I had just beaten Punchbag Bob yesterday, so maybe that will help? And for the screen caps I took, I was dumb and didn't attach them because the image file was too big and I figured I could always e-mail it to them when they replied x_x. Anyways they still haven't replied :( But I guess that's to be expected when there is probably hundreds of other people trying to get their account back.

Exactly. Trying to deal with frozen accounts takes much longer than other problems they have to deal with, and they gets lots of them. So be patient! Also, I don't know if they have this up and running again, but you should be able to go into the area where you submitted the ticket, and check on it, and maybe add extra info? So maybe make your screencaps a smaller size and submit them.

It might take a few tries to get into the log-in page. What you can do with your screen shots is paste them all into a word document where you can resize them and compile them, and maybe you can send it as a follow-up. The more info you can provide on your account, the easier it will be for them to determine your ownership of the account and the sooner they can restore it.

They've gotten a lot faster at responding to tickets, though, so just wait it out a bit and hope for the best. Good luck! :)