Okay so I was just wondering--I've been an active neopets user for well over 5 years now and while done many faerie quests and am very into customization and have painted my pets several times, I've never had any sort of paintbrush besides Striped, Snow, Speckled, Cloudy, Tyrannian, Split, Glowing, Christmas, Starry, Biscuit, etc. You know, the basic ones you can get in shops and from Key Quest tokens. Yet all the time, I see people talking about their Faerie this and Maraquan that, etc. Where do you people get these brushes from? And I mean ANY besides the ones I mentioned above.

If you let me know I can reward you tremendously--I don't really do battledome but I have, no joke, 151 regular mystery island codestones and 2 red (rare) ones sitting in my safety deposit box that I genuinely do not plan on using. I think I have a bunch of weapons too, I'm not sure. I also have like 200 negg tokens.

Seriously though, I just want to paint my pets some cooler colors. And I'm genuinely wondering how to do it because I can't figure out the means to do so.

Thanks so much

Most Paintbrushes can be picked up in random events, but as for any specific activity, I'm not sure.

^ Specific activity?

There's also the Hidden Tower (which sells Baby, Darigan, Royal, and Maractite Paint Brushes), and some people have won Paint Brushes via the Fruit Machine (I've won a Spotted Paint Brush there once), the Wheel of Extravagance (very expensive to spin), and the Alien Aisha Vending Machine (requires Nerkmids, which can be obtained via Random Events).

In addition to what neomysterion said, you can also win PBs from wheel of monotony, converting WC pieces (http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/world-challenges/_), and of course, they are given as prizes in plots and like last year, in the Altador Cup.

You can also buy them from the Trading Post and the Auction House. You just need to have the neopoints to purchase first. A lot of the expensive colours are difficult to get from random events. Honestly you're better off saving up and just buying them.

As well as all of the above, some colours can only be gotten from the secret laboratory. The lab might also grant a maraquan, faerie, etc etc zap if you're lucky.

From what I've heard a Maraquan zap is quite rare from the lab ray. A friend of mine has been trying to get a Maraquan zap for over 2 years now and I don't think she's been successful. It's possible though you'll need luck on your side. :)

I've seen quite a few Mystery Island paint brushes lately on the auctions. Otherwise if I'm looking for something, I typically check out the TP. And I zap one of my pets each day hoping to get something cool from the lab ray.

I've seen quite a few Mystery Island paint brushes lately on the auctions. Otherwise if I'm looking for something, I typically check out the TP. And I zap one of my pets each day hoping to get something cool from the lab ray.

I never get anything good from the lab ray :( has anyone here ever gotten something really good?

• 1 month later...

I am going to get my red Kougra a Halloween PB form the trading post once I have saved up enough(they go for 2mil). I am pretty close. Some colors are lab only though such as Robot.

It really depends on what pb you want.. The low end ones you mentioned, and some others like white, brown, royal etc are pretty easy to get fro the hidden tower or TP.

It's the more complex onesthat are expensive - maraquan, wraith, woodland, water, elderly etc. I find that if i have a goal to save up a certain amount it usually works much better than just saying 'i want that pb'. Having a progress counter helps, and sharing your progress with other people - eg on the achievements thread - really encourages you!

Good luck!

Okay so I was just wondering--I've been an active neopets user for well over 5 years now and while done many faerie quests and am very into customization and have painted my pets several times, I've never had any sort of paintbrush besides Striped, Snow, Speckled, Cloudy, Tyrannian, Split, Glowing, Christmas, Starry, Biscuit, etc. You know, the basic ones you can get in shops and from Key Quest tokens. Yet all the time, I see people talking about their Faerie this and Maraquan that, etc. Where do you people get these brushes from? And I mean ANY besides the ones I mentioned above.

If you let me know I can reward you tremendously--I don't really do battledome but I have, no joke, 151 regular mystery island codestones and 2 red (rare) ones sitting in my safety deposit box that I genuinely do not plan on using. I think I have a bunch of weapons too, I'm not sure. I also have like 200 negg tokens.

Seriously though, I just want to paint my pets some cooler colors. And I'm genuinely wondering how to do it because I can't figure out the means to do so.

Thanks so much

You can get the Pirate PB through anchor management.

You can get the Lost Desert PB through Lost Desert Scratchcards.

There are many that sell in the hidden tower.

You can almost always find them on the trading post.

I never get anything good from the lab ray :( has anyone here ever gotten something really good?

I got a Robot Eyrie. Too bad I don't like Eyries! :B Still waiting for my Alien Aisha!

As others have said, you can get them through Random events. In addition to that, you can get specific ones through certain dailies- The Faerie PB through Faerie Caverns if you're REALLY lucky, for example. Some PBs are given out as plot prizes as well- like the 8-Bit Potion was for the most recent Altador Cup.

It's best to not wait for those though. Just save up and buy the PB from another user. :)

I've gotten some pretty neat zaps - well, I think so anyway. Elianere was zapped into a Desert Scorchio - I gave her to my daughter. And she passed me an Elephante that got zapped Spotted, wicked cute - too cute to keep zapping!

I've gotten a maraquan zap, on a uni. Other than that it's been basic colours. Best recently is a strawberry cybunny.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).

The original topic had been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.