Pre-Determined Brackets

Wondering why teams are playing each other twice during each round? Well, because the opponents you play are set in stone as soon as everyone is placed in their random slots. It doesn't matter who wins or loses, though those wins and losses are what places the team in an order and then awards the team previously-chosen point values, as you can tell by how all teams in the same placement got the same amount of points.

For example, the first round of games seemed random right? Nope! All three brackets follow a pretty amazing pattern:

Brackets2.png

Messy, I know, but feel free to double check me. The middle column are the teams that play each other twice in a single round.

So then we have this skeleton to place our teams in:

Brackets3.png

We can then look at today's teams. Since it's day 4, we will see the first group of teams playing each other again. Today it's Meridell vs Shenkuu, Virtupets vs Altador, and Moltara vs Mystery Island. Just by placing those teams in numbers 3 and 4, and then extrapolating by teams they've already played, you can build the next two days of play:

Brackets4.png

Today's are in between the two lines on the graphs. We'll see if this is correct when we see the match-ups tomorrow. :)

sorry i didn't understant anything D:

can u explain more

Anything specific? I just basically tried to find if there was a pattern in how teams played each other. So I took all of the games from the first round and tried to place them in such a way that I could make a set-up that was always true.

Teams are randomly assigned a number 1 through 6 in each of the three brackets. Teams that are given the number 1 will play the team numbered 6 twice, three days apart, which is what happened in round one. It's a lot of numbers but it worked somehow.

Wait so you're telling me, if what I see is correct, we're gonna have a rematch with KD before our match with VP?! WHAT?! Oh man, no sleep for me then :P

They aren't pre-determined brackets. If they were, this entire thing is bs. It's just the order of bracket play. Only thing it's useful for is seeing who you will play twice. Can help with picking what days to rest though. Looks good babes.

This is very impressive! You must have had a lot of patience to go through with this. So, HW will face BV again if this is correct? That's not too bad, we can try and make up our YYB loss against them.

Really spot-on! This is awesome! I just hope we (SK) can play Altador. That's my only wish for this cup. Not because I think Altador is not a big deal or anything, but because I wanna know how its like to play against Foltaggio! :)

So we have Roo Island tomorrow. Interesting.

EHHHH TOO MUCH MATH! TOO MANY COLORS! Dx

But yeah, a DCer mentioned something similar to me. Otherwise I would've been about 10x more disapointed when "Kreludor" popped up as our opponents yesterday.

Thanks for posting.

This doesn't seem to work this bracket...

Maybe it's because bracket ranks switched after the first day? But it still doesn't add up any way I look at it.

Well I think the numbers aren't chosen by rank, just by random like everything else. I haven't had a chance to try to build this round yet.

EDIT: Okay, I've got some more discoveries! So I decided to just test every combination that allows the first two days to be true so I could guess the rest. So I tested with Lost Desert being in each slot 1 through six. It turns out that LD in spots [1,6], [2,5], and [3,4] give the same brackets, only mirrored! Therefore any test team only needs to be checked in slots 1, 2, and 3 to get all combinations possible on the second day of the round. So I got something like this:

Brackets5.png

Therefore by the third day of play, the entire order of play can be confirmed, before anyone having to play each other twice! Give me some time and I'll put up the other two brackets in a few minutes.

EDIT2: I'm back!

Brackets6.png

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Brackets7.png

I kind of see the pattern but I don't get how it works xD

but looks like KI is playing KL twice, which will be interesting :)

way too complicated for me, lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ok, I just got confused again but I think I finally get it? So you won't know until the 3rd day.. is that waht you're saying?

Because the first 2 days you have the same, and from the 3rd day, the options change. So since KI is playing MD on the 3rd day, it would be the 3rd option, and we're playing TM twice, not KL

Ok, I just got confused again but I think I finally get it? So you won't know until the 3rd day.. is that waht you're saying?

Because the first 2 days you have the same, and from the 3rd day, the options change. So since KI is playing MD on the 3rd day, it would be the 3rd option, and we're playing TM twice, not KL

Yup, you got it! Because of the teams that are playing today, the rest of the games will match the yellow LD box, the red KD box, and the yellow MD box. So from those you can see the next teams you play and which team you'll play twice. For example, Lost Desert will be replaying Altador tomorow!

EDIT: Here's a much better visual, and the official status for the rest of Round 3.

Brackets8.png