Pre-Cup Interview with Faerieland's Kakoni Worill and Valtonous Rea

Mouseykins

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

On location in Altador, this is Mouseykins for The Daily Neopets awaiting the start of this year’s Altador Cup. After sneaking past the guards into Faerieland’s locker room by dressing as a player, I saw my chance. I removed my disguise and to my luck I was not thrown out of the locker room. Instead I was granted an interview with Team Captain Kakoni Worill and Goalkeeper Valtonous Rea.

faerieland_1.giffaerieland_0.gif

Kakoni Worill and Valtonous Rea

Thanks for not throwing me out! I've been waiting to interview both of you all week. All my attempts have been foiled, until now that is. [cackle]

Kakoni: You know the guards are there to keep nosy people out, right? [snicker]

Valtonous: Just don’t let them catch you on the way out. Now that you’ve found your way in, what would you like to know?

What do you think of all the changes being made this year?

Kakoni: The 24 days of playing in the tournament will be easier than previous years. I don’t think we’ll be as exhausted by the time we’re halfway through. Last year just getting through all the Yooyuball matches was grueling. [sigh] I’m more hopeful this year.

Valtonous: After 38 days of defending that net last year, I was tuckered right out, and I think I slept for an entire month afterwards. This year I’ll be able to stay on my hooves, rather than falling over from exhaustion.

[laugh] Hopefully this year will be better for your team. With these new changes, where are you hoping to finish?

Valtonous: We’ll finish 15th. We’re always at rank 15 at the end of the tournament. We have thousands of loyal fans, but it’s never enough. We’re stuck in a rut. It would be nice if we could defeat a few of the more popular teams this year.

Kakoni: Well these new changes are going to make things easier by far. I have a good feeling about the tournament this year. I think we’ll do quite well and may even be able to get out of our so called rut. [smile] It’s time we show these Yooyuball fanatics what we’re capable of.

Valtonous: I second that!

Both of you have an interesting way of putting things. [giggle] This year looks like it will be a better year for your team. I hear you all had a busy off-season this year.

Kakoni: I sure hope so, we could sure use the boost to our stats. Yes, we spent our off-season travelling all around Neopia. I thought some adventure and seeing different sights might help inspire us this year. It was a great experience to lift our spirits after last season.

Valtonous: The trip was a wonderful idea! [smile] After being on the road for a few weeks I noticed quite the change in everyone. All our moods went from depressed and exhausted to refreshed and cheerful. I know for myself getting away from home for a while was exactly what I needed. We spent so much of our time last year training and we still finished in the same spot as the year before. Now if that doesn’t leave you depressed, I don’t know what will.

Your team has had quite the streak of bad luck these last few years. I’m glad your off-season adventure helped with everyone’s moods. What was the best part of your trip, besides getting away from all that stress?

Kakoni: For me, the highlight of our trip was the bonding that we all got to do. We spent most of our travels doing trust exercises and confidence building activities. We all came together and grew as a team.

Valtonous: Those activities were awesome! I really enjoyed them. I have to say the best part of

our adventure was visiting Shenkuu and taking cooking lessons with Chef Bonju. We got to cook tons of delicious meals.

That sounds scrumptious! I always liked trust and confidence building exercises. What was your least favourite part of your trip?

Kakoni: Definitely the massive amount of rain while we were visiting Mystery Island during their Festival of Fruit. Yes, I know we were in a jungle, but did it have to rain so much?

Valtonous: [laugh] Yes, the dreaded soakings we had to endure. That was definitely the worst part of our travels. I think I didn’t fully dry out until two days after we left Mystery Island. We should have gone straight to the Lost Desert after that, but no, someone arranged for our next stop to be Maraqua. which meant more water and more getting wet. At least we weren’t soaked constantly.

I have to admit I’m not a huge fan of rainy days, especially when it’s raining for days. It’s so gloomy and depressing. The only thing good from it is diving into a good book. Well I think I’m out of questions. Is there anything else you want to add?

Kakoni: I had a blast on this trip! After visiting all of our destinations we went back home for a couple of months to get ready for the Altador Cup. We spent a lot of our time on the road training and we didn’t take a break once we got home. The training continued all year in preparation to up our rank this year.

Valtonous: I was so happy to be home again after spending months away from my cozy abode. I loved visiting all those exciting places, but there’s nothing like sleeping in your own bed after a long trip.

I get homesick too. If there’s nothing else you wish to comment on, I’d better sneak on outta here and let you get back to your training. Good luck this year! [group hug]

Valtonous: Thank you! We shall give it all we’ve got and hope for the best.

Kakoni: Thanks, we have a few tricks up our sleeves that should make for an entertaining tournament.

After saying goodbye to Kakoni and Valtonous I put my disguise back on and exited the locker room. Being dressed as a player from Faerieland, I was able to successfully sneak past the guards without getting caught.

*crosses fingers that Prytariel will get an interview*

;)

This is great, you've made me a fan of Kakoni. ;D

lol no I missed the food cart. I was too concerned with getting out of there without getting caught. Those guards would have thrown me in the dungeon or some other unfriendly place.

Thank you! :) You have no idea how many times I tried getting in there this week and a half to get an interview.