Shenkuu Fans Board

Angeló

Just reached Rank 19 so just 100 games to get the All Stars Rank 20.....

Mirsha Grelinek has scored 4770 goals in my games I have played so hopefully I can get her up to 5000 by the time the cup finishes

Time for a sanity check:

It's obvious that opposing teams become faster and more aggressive as your score increases. Do some teams ramp up the aggression earlier/faster than others? I've had that impression for a while, and playing against Mystery Island this evening prompted me to ask if it's purely subjective. Even down 11 to 0, the MI team doesn't seem to move as fast, follow as tightly, or try to steal as often as, say, Darigan when they're down only 8 to 0.

To be clear, I don't think this is seriously affecting match outcomes, even if it is a real phenomenon, as it should generally only change how much you can run the score up in a game. If MI is low-aggression, as it seems tonight, it certainly doesn't seem to have hurt their ranking.

So...am I imagining things? And, if I am not, may I ask our honored opponents who may be reading this thread--does the Shenkuu team seem to ramp up slowly?

Obligatory stats:

Current Rank: 7

Mirsha's GPG: 7.8

(My schedule's been insane lately, but I've been contributing as best I can.)

Time for a sanity check:

It's obvious that opposing teams become faster and more aggressive as your score increases. Do some teams ramp up the aggression earlier/faster than others? I've had that impression for a while, and playing against Mystery Island this evening prompted me to ask if it's purely subjective. Even down 11 to 0, the MI team doesn't seem to move as fast, follow as tightly, or try to steal as often as, say, Darigan when they're down only 8 to 0.

To be clear, I don't think this is seriously affecting match outcomes, even if it is a real phenomenon, as it should generally only change how much you can run the score up in a game. If MI is low-aggression, as it seems tonight, it certainly doesn't seem to have hurt their ranking.

So...am I imagining things? And, if I am not, may I ask our honored opponents who may be reading this thread--does the Shenkuu team seem to ramp up slowly?

Obligatory stats:

Current Rank: 7

Mirsha's GPG: 7.8

(My schedule's been insane lately, but I've been contributing as best I can.)

I don't think you're imagining things. I didn't play any YYB games last night, so I can't really say. But there are teams who tend to steal the ball more often than others, I don't know the details of how TNT made this year's Artificial Intelligence of the opposing team.

BTW. We actually won SOSD against Haunted Woods! Who's up for a YYB win against Brightvale? I certainly am. :)

DC was so easy for me .. I beat them with at least 10 goals in every game !!

However MI and today BV gave me such a hard time !!

I'll agree with you. Brightvale has given me quite a hard time. Either because they've really improved, or because I haven't played a YYB match in 3 days. I was up 6-nil but with 40 seconds to go, BV kept on stealing the ball and I hardly got any possession so I exited the game and just played SS and SOSD. xD

I found Brightvale hard also although I managed about 9-11 goals each game except when the Darigan ball was in play and that cut me back to about 6 goals per game. I have gotten

Mirsha Grelinek score for goals to 5,156 so far and am 35 points off All Stars rank so am seeing Yooyuballs in my sleep...

I found Brightvale hard also although I managed about 9-11 goals each game except when the Darigan ball was in play and that cut me back to about 6 goals per game. I have gotten

Mirsha Grelinek score for goals to 5,156 so far and am 35 points off All Stars rank so am seeing Yooyuballs in my sleep...

Yay I did it from beginner for the last two years to All Star this year...Just wait till next year TNT will have to make a special rank for me..Nah just joking not bragging...

I may have found something measurable to check the "aggression" level of the opposing team. When you start a game, there's a substantial delay between the time you can start moving and the time the opposing team forwards start moving. That time shortens as your score goes up, and eventually, they start at the same time you do. (Though they may still reach the ball after you--speed seems to be a separate stat.) This also seems to be the point at which they start making multiple steal attempts in quick succession.

While playing Kiko Lake, I've been trying to watch the score when the delay disappears. It seems to be at 5 or 6. If I recall the behavior of other teams correctly, that makes KL a relatively aggressive team. They also seem to be one of the faster teams. Does this match anyone else's observations?

It's possible that the variation is randomized either at load time or per player, so that a team that is fast and aggressive against one player is relatively slow and non-aggressive against another.

I may have found something measurable to check the "aggression" level of the opposing team. When you start a game, there's a substantial delay between the time you can start moving and the time the opposing team forwards start moving. That time shortens as your score goes up, and eventually, they start at the same time you do. (Though they may still reach the ball after you--speed seems to be a separate stat.) This also seems to be the point at which they start making multiple steal attempts in quick succession.

While playing Kiko Lake, I've been trying to watch the score when the delay disappears. It seems to be at 5 or 6. If I recall the behavior of other teams correctly, that makes KL a relatively aggressive team. They also seem to be one of the faster teams. Does this match anyone else's observations?

It's possible that the variation is randomized either at load time or per player, so that a team that is fast and aggressive against one player is relatively slow and non-aggressive against another.

Yeah, I did notice that too. As the score/goal tally increases, so does the Artificial Intelligence of the opposing team.

I have no idea 'bout the differences from player to player though. But the Kikos always seems fresh and quite faster than other teams. Even when they were performing poorly.

Speaking of Kiko Lake, WE ALMOST SWEPT THEM. The Lakers are losing so much steam now. I just hope they at least place in the Top 10. Since they deserve it.

We got Lost Desert today, let's prove that we CAN STILL compete with a TOP 5 team! :)

GO SHENKUU!

I am ready to give up playing the Altador Cup -___- It's just that it's the what? fourth time we've played the Roos? We'll never get to play some teams either.. this whole bracket mess has completely destroyed my spirit for playing. The brackets, which were supposed to make sure people didn't become burned out by the end of the AC, has burned me out much earlier than previous years, if that makes any sense.

Away from the ranting, the results weren't *horrible* but.. yeah :3 We can do this against the Roos! again