Exclusive Pre-Cup Interview with Elon "The Black Hole" Hughlis

star_empyre

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free representation of the parties involved, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. If professional analysis is what tickles your fancy, take a look at our predictions (global/daily).

Elon “The Black Hole” Hughlis on this year’s preparation for the AC VII, fans and coffee in an exclusive interview with TDN.

altadorcup_signups.gif

Neopia is preparing for this year’s AC VII, and many people want to know more about the team that powered through last year’s games. How has your team prepared for this year’s competition?

We’ve been practicing hard and frequently, there was almost no time for us to visit the Gaming Lounge! We looked over last year’s replays and have worked out a lot of our weaknesses and developed training schedules to turn them into strengths. Unfortunately I can’t go into too much detail; we want to keep our advantage a secret until the games start!

You’re the star of the Maraquan team, according to all Neopian polls, but it was suspected that you were reprimanded by your team mates last year. Is this true?

I don’t think we did too badly last year, but they may have given me the occasional nudge and reprisal. We’re a really strongly bonded team.

With such a large fan base, how does it feel to be the object of many fans’ affection?

Well, I think it’s quite nice that they’ve taken a liking to me, but I try to get on with my job. Don’t know what Maraqua would do without me sometimes [laughs]. There was one instance though, which was quite… amusing! We were just going back to our dormitory when someone called out Barit’s name, and he turned around ready to sign an autograph, when the Bori who had called out was actually pointing at one of his posters still hung up around town. It was so funny because she was actually a Kreludor supporter and started talking about how Jurin was much better than him. You should have seen the look on Barit’s face, it was hilarious! Oh wait, are you publishing this..

We heard from one fan that you love to drink coffee. Is this true, and why?

Yes, I think that coffee is awesome, but water is an Acara’s best friend! It keeps my scales nice and shiney, and being in salt water all the time is so dehydrating, it’s always nice to get some fluid back into me at the end of the day. Anyway, if I didn’t drink water, I probably wouldn’t have any fans left due to my scales shrivelling! Coffee is nice all the same, but I take mine with lots of milk and sugar.

Do you think Maraqua will place in the top 4 again this year?

Look, I’m not really sure about the rankings, but I’m sure we’ll try our hardest and will play to the best of our ability. We look forward to seeing everyone at the AC VII!

Elon “The Black Hole” Hughlis was the AC VI Maraquan team’s leader, and he’s on the team again this year. Be sure to watch and participate in the Altador Cup 2012!

• AC Reporter Janice, reporting from Maraqua.

We are trying to interview someone on each team.

Anyway, glad to see that Elon is still the same... big kid at heart. :P