So, I created 4 new side accounts this week. I know the rules, but my question is..

Can I transfer the money I earned on my side accounts? I didn't purposely earn it, though.

Remember when we sign up we get free 2,500 NP or so and when we create a Neopet we get like 50 or 100?

So, that's my question..can I transfer ALL my NP from my side accounts to my main?

For a total of 8K+..I just don't want to get all of my accounts frozen. And I just wanted to be sure. Thanks! :laughingsmiley:

While I can't find a definitive answer on this, everything in me wants to say no.

Generally speaking, sending Neopoints to sides is OK, but sending money from sides is generally regarded as a no-no.

The no earning NP on sides rule was put into place to keep you from making your 4 sides then funneling NP into your main. While you did not intentionally make this NP it still feels like sending it to the main would be skirting the rules.

This falls under the same thing as items gotten from REs on sides- it's not something you can help, and it can be transfered to your main. However, I'm of the mind that it's a good thing to have a little NP on your sides, for the Neolodge and cheap potions if one of your pets get hurt, so I'd recommend leaving it there.

I would also suggest leaving the nps on your side. At any given time I have about 10k on both of my sides for pet transfers and anything else I might need.

I also agree it is a good idea to have some NPs on hand on your sides as long as you didn't earn them. It helps pay for things like the Merry Go Round so your side pets can be "delighted!" too, and for paying for transfers and the NL, but you can always use the Soup Kitchen to feed your side pets as well.

Like everyone says, keeping the NP on your sides is a better idea so you can take care of the pets on your sides, too. Plus it looks better on you; while I think you're allowed to do what you're doing, it may look suspicious (like you had only created them to get the NP), and as such, I'd advise against it. It's not even that big of a number of Neopoints and it's really annoying to transfer NP from your main to your sides. T_T I hate doing it. I have to set up a trade, log back to main, offer, then log back onto the side. It's just a pain!

My tendency is to agree with nbbug132, but I do understand the rational behind the 'you didn't make the np yourself' answers. Perhaps you could fire off a question to the editorial and get a definitive answer straight from TNT?

This issue has already been addressed by TNT in an Editorial (though the question is about PPL, TNT's response mentions Random Events as well) I think basically TNT's stance that if NP is earned unintentionally, it's OK to keep/send to your main.

Okay, first off... I LOVE YOU, TNT!!! Alright, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I have a question for you guys. I was looking through the PPL Awards when I started to think: you aren't allowed to earn ANY Neopoints of ANY kind on ANY account other than your main, right? Well, what happens if you win the PPL Award on a side account? I mean, it is earning NP (not voluntarily by any stretch), but you still gain Neopoints on that account for winning the PPL. Do the winnings go to that person's main account, or are they collected on the account that contains the Petpet? Does that person have a chance of getting their account frozen for winning NP from an involuntary contest? Go ahead and leave my name, it's okay guys. Thank you again for the BEST online game EVER; keep up the good work. ~raiena

Don't worry, PPL is something completely out of your control (like Random Events), so the Neopoints are yours to do what you please with them. You can either leave these Neopoints in the side account to help pay for your Neopet's lodging, or send the NP to your main like you may do for Random Events.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can seeing as you didn't make that money yourself (:

Although you might want to keep some money on your sides so you can keep your pets in the Neolodge (if you want that is :) )

Nah. I think I'll just rely on the ol' good Soup Kitchen! (;

Alrighty then! For precautions and safety reasons, I will keep the money on my sides alone. And yes! Good point, I might need those tiny amount for some reason some time, yeah?

Massive thank you to everyone who answered and helped!!! :rolleyes_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. If you have something you wish to add, edit yout previous post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.