New Premium: Will you join?

Lady Lyuba

Well, after seeing the new sneak peak on another board, I've decided I will be getting the new premium. I want the SSW (so my training costs will be lower), and the 5th pet slot (so I can either transfer Lady_Shinji from my side account to my main, or help out pounded pets by zapping them. Haven't decided which yet)

The release date is now June? Wasn't it supposed to done in May? (with the upgrades)

I'm already a Premium user and have been trying to decide if I want to keep it even more the change. I think after the change I'll see how everything is going and then make my decision. I don't care about the 5th pet slot at all - I've only ever had 1 pet the whole time I've been playing!

A great feature would be to be able to cancel your subscription online though - TNT should look into that! I find it annoying that when I go to call and cancel it's never during their business times. Smart move for them, annoying for me!

Sometime in June, I think.

I didn't have Premium before, I have no reason to get it now. I'm a poor college student, and I have money that should be going elsewhere. :P

I'd love to get it, but I am also a poor college student. Eating is more important than having five pets on an account, I guess. :shiftyeyes_anim:

I'm pretty much in the same situation. 5 pets does sound amazing so it sounds like it will be great! If I had the money for it I'd probably do it in a heartbeat. Maybe after college. Until then, I will be jealous of all of you that have 5 pets.

I'm a cheapskate, and I never pay for premium services for anything :laughingsmiley: .

I don't feel like I need the Neopets premium service at the moment, either. Maybe one day.

i am seriously considering premium. ive never paid for anything on neopets but i spend so much time here i think it would be worthwhile. im mostly enticed by the SSW but quite apprehensive about how to go about cancelling it. i read that with the old version you needed to call and cancel and i live on the other side of the world.. i wouldnt want to get into anything which i cant get out of easily. i guess ill wait for the info and decide then

i am seriously considering premium. ive never paid for anything on neopets but i spend so much time here i think it would be worthwhile. im mostly enticed by the SSW but quite apprehensive about how to go about cancelling it. i read that with the old version you needed to call and cancel and i live on the other side of the world.. i wouldnt want to get into anything which i cant get out of easily. i guess ill wait for the info and decide then

This. I don't wanna have to call America to cancel! And truth be told I really just want the avatar and the SSW for a couple of weeks, but if I like it enough I'll keep it. I do think it's overpriced for what you get though.

I do think it's overpriced for what you get though.

Well, I think that if I'm willing to pay something like 30 euros for an original PS3 game, I would be willing to pay that money on neo, where I spend more time than PS anyway. Most people see it as a loser thing to sink money into a virtual site but how different is it to buying any game console or game for it? That being said, I don't know how much the new Premium will cost :S

Well, I think that if I'm willing to pay something like 30 euros for an original PS3 game, I would be willing to pay that money on neo, where I spend more time than PS anyway. Most people see it as a loser thing to sink money into a virtual site but how different is it to buying any game console or game for it? That being said, I don't know how much the new Premium will cost :S

I agree (I just spent $10 on Faerie Quest Fortune Cookies) but I still think they could offer more than they do on premium for the price. I have no idea how much Premium is I should add, I thought it was over $50 a year?

I heard somewhere it was $50 per year but not sure. So wait there is an avatar if you go premium???

You get the I Love Neomail avatar automatically when you sign up, and if you get enough referrals you also get the Premium avatar (but that doesn't count towards your total number).

I don't buy NC/premium/anything that requires real money, but if I did, I still wouldn't buy premium. An extra pet slot is (very) tempting, but I'd rather just buy a slot than pay for premium. Neopets will probably make more money that way too. (For people who don't want premium and only want the extra space.)

Ya know, I told myself "I'll never put real money into Neopets." But after 11 years I've decided it's okay once in a while. So I have spent maybe a total of 30 dollars all together on here. But as for the premium? I don't think it's worth it. I personally don't have any side accounts, and only have 4 pets, so the only perk I would like is the extra pet slot.

It's something I'll have to think about, but it'll probably be a 'no'.

I just wish TNT hadn't switched to Nick when they did... They are moving everything to real-money, it's aggravating, honestly. We come to Neopets to get away from the real world.

As was stated prior:

Adding real world financial pressures via the use of NC has never appealed to me, regardless of the "perks".

I don't know... I'm thinking about it. I actually have exactly five dream pets and it's hard deciding which one to give up on :( so that extra pet slot is extremely appealing. I had premium many years ago on an old account(before nickelodeon took over) and I actually really liked it. So we'll see. If I understand it correctly, I heard it was going live today? I hope so, I really want to look at the new features.

I don't buy NC/premium/anything that requires real money, but if I did, I still wouldn't buy premium. An extra pet slot is (very) tempting, but I'd rather just buy a slot than pay for premium. Neopets will probably make more money that way too. (For people who don't want premium and only want the extra space.)

I personally would love to see a NC item that grants an extra pet slot. Of course, if you already had five pets slots or were a premium member, you would not be able to use it. I'd rather have that than pay over $60 for a 12 month premium and keep renewing it every year just to keep my Cybunny on my main.

I ended up getting it, since the first month is only $4. I don't know if I'll keep paying for it, we'll see. Although I really do love the SSW, especially because I don't have to open a new window. Makes things so much easier! That alone might win me over to keep premium.