Mysterious Negg Journey - Solve The Puzzle!

hrtbrk

Why are people not believing that Selvin was eliminated in the very first entry?!

Can someone who believes he wasn't explain to me what they think the "For instance, our wizard doesn't want to go..." means to them after they were talking abut using four decoys? The term "For instance" usually means "as an example."

Why do you think it doesn't hold any merit or that TNT would randomly have the clues in Entry 2 start at the second paragraph? I would like some sort of reasoning because it may affect my answer - and of course we all want the right answer :P.

Why are people not believing that Selvin was eliminated in the very first entry?!

Can someone who believes he wasn't explain to me what they think the "For instance, our wizard doesn't want to go..." means to them after they were talking abut using four decoys? The term "For instance" usually means "as an example."

Why do you think it doesn't hold any merit or that TNT would randomly have the clues in Entry 2 start at the second paragraph? I would like some sort of reasoning because it may affect my answer - and of course we all want the right answer :P.

Maybe the "for instance" doesn't necessarily refer to the decoys but to the beginning "Now that the team has been assembled, we've begun gathering our provisions, packing our things, and figuring out where the mysterious Clockwork Negg will be hidden (as well as who will be the one to protect it) ." For instance...

Also, the clues do start in the first paragraph. It tells you what negg we are looking for, the Clockwork Negg. It's the very first mention of it by name. And it also states that there are different neggs in four other destinations as decoys.

Edited by gothamkittie

Rutu cannot be going to Shenkuu and I'll prove it once for all ^^

<image excluded>

I'm taking the first five entries ordered by when those were written.

I've listed all the facts (except for Rutu going to Shenkuu).

As you can see, there are only two possible Neggs for Rutu: Glass Negg and Plant Negg

IF RUTU GOES TO SHENKUU, then she can't take the Glass Negg (since it goes to Brightvale). Then Rutu has only the Plant Negg left.

And from today's entry, we know for sure that the Plant Negg is going to Kiko Lake.

So Rutu cannot go to both Shenkuu and Kiko Lake!

End of proof

EDIT: Moreover:

From entry 5: "Today was the day that we settled on who would be going to Shenkuu". So after entry 5 someone has taken Shenkuu. It is not mentioned, like in entry 2, that everyone agreed that Rutu was going to Shenkuu. Rutu only said her enthusiasm to go there but wasn't confirmed to go there

The entry says "One team member, Rutu, seemed particularly enthusiastic to be going, saying that it had been a longtime dream to visit such an exotic location."

It says Rutu is excited about going. Meaning Rutu is going. It also says it had been a dream of theirs. Meaning now it is no longer a dream of theirs, because the dream is completed, as they are going. I just don't the other side of this argument, the text seems pretty clear that this desire to go to Shenkuu is not hypothetical.

Based on the texts, my results are this

123.jpg

I'm sticking with Rutu/Shenkuu, but it's just a guess, we still can't know who is taking the clockwork negg and where...

Edit: I forgot to cross Shenkuu - Blacksmith, my bad

I agree with you except you missed a few red squares. We know that Selvin can't be holding the Sand Negg because the Sand Negg is confirmed to be with the blacksmith and Selvin has been confirmed to not be the blacksmith. We also know that the Wizard can't be holding the Cloud Negg because it's confirmed that Voughn is carrying the Cloud Negg and Selvin is confirmed to be the wizard. Also, we know the Cloud Negg is not going to Shenkuu because Rutu is going to Shenkuu and Voughn is carrying the Cloud Negg. And yes what you said about the blacksmith and Shenkuu.

Also, I don't know if we can rule out that Hurok is not the knight. The text says: "On the other hand, things got kind of awkward when the knight of the group stated that being the one to transport the clockwork Negg was absolutely out of the question." and "In the end, Hurok was excused from consideration due to claims of "not liking the look of the thing."" These statements don't necessarily imply that the knight and Hurok are different people, as the first one just says the knight didn't want to, and then the second one saying Hurok was not given the Clockwork Negg.

So by my reading, this is all the information confirmed by the text:

mI6My.png

But then, extending from that, we know the blacksmith can't be going to Kiko Lake, because the blacksmith has the Sand negg and the Plant negg is going to Kiko Lake. That rules out every possible option for where the blacksmith goes except the Lost Desert, so that is confirmed. This means we can also know that the Sand Negg is going to the Lost Desert. See the following picture:

wdvw6.png

Continuing down the chain, this leaves only Altador as a possible option for the Cloud Negg, meaning that's where that is being sent. This leaves only Shenkuu as a possible destination for the Clockwork Negg. Which would mean Rutu took it to Shenkuu.

I'm very hesitant to say this is the definitive answer though, because it seems like we'd be able to fill out more of the chart at this point is the answer was to be found. So if someone sees a hole in this argument, please do speak up. This is my final chart, either way:

2DrCB.png

And if we follow that to its ultimate conclusion we get this:

8V1MW.png

Also, as to some of the speculation being thrown around, I don't think there's much solid speculation to be made at this point. There are some minor contradictions in the text such as in Entry 5, after the knight says they don't wish to carry the Clockwork Negg, the entry says "Nobody else had an issue with doing it, though, so it didn't become an issue." And yet in Entry 9, both Hurok and the explorer have problems with carrying the Clockwork Negg. Even if Hurok is the knight, the knight and the explorer can't be the same person, so that statement that no one else had an issue doing it is verifiably false. It is small things like these that make speculating dangerous, because it's possible certain details were put into this puzzle carelessly, to make it sound more like a journal. As such I would not relay on anything other than text for the time being.

For example, the issue of who is writing the journal? The only person not named so far is Ricky, so he must be the person penning the thing. And this would imply Ricky's job is the 5th, as of yet unspecified role, because why would he refer to himself as "the blacksmith of the group" or "the knight" or something like that? BUT this is assuming that each entry is written by the same person, which is not explicitly stated anywhere. Different people could be writing different entries.

I apologize if I'm being redundant with what other people in the thread have said already. I haven't read much of this thread.

RICKY is the one going to BRIGHTVALE with the GLASS negg.

This information can be found doing the following and exclusively considering that RUTU went to SHENKUU at ENTRY 5.

We know by ENTRY 8 that SELVIN, VOUGHN and RUTU won't go to BRIGHTVALE nor carry the GLASS negg.

This narrows our possible carrier to either RICKY or HUROK.

We also know that one of them has already, by entry 8, designated to carry the glass negg to brightvale.

at ENTRY 9 HUROK is still in the run to carry the CLOCKWORK negg, but he refuses to, this means he wasn't chosen to deliver the GLASS negg earlier. So it must be RICKY whom takes the GLASS negg to BRIGHTVALE. This might be the reason why we hear so few about ricky ;)

THIS means that by ENTRY 9 only RUTU or SELVIN may carry the CLOCKWORK negg.

HUROK can be completely eliminated by ENTRY 10 now that we know that, since RUTU is not the BLACKSMITH, SELVIN is already the WIZARD, VOUGHN and RICKY already have a designated negg to carry.

Then HUROK is the BLACKSMITH carrying the SAND negg to LOST DESERT or KIKO LAKE, by the next entry we know that he won't go to KIKO LAKE, so he can only go to LOST DESERT.

Since the EXPLORER denies the CW negg by ENTRY 9, VOUGHN couldn't be him, HUROK is the BLACKSMITH and SELVIN is the WIZARD. So VOUGHN is the UNKNOWN, this means that only RUTU and RICKY have classes to be revealed: KNIGHT & EXPLORER, but none of them is able to carry the CLOCKWORK negg and i'll even tell you WHAT class are which. Since RICKY has already a designated function by ENTRY 8, he wouldn't be needed to deny in the ENTRY 9, so it means he's not the EXPLORER, he's the KNIGHT, which denies in ENTRY 5, this means that RUTU is the EXPLORER.

BUT through this logic you get knocked down by the last entry, since it would mean that the only negg RUTU could possibly carry is the PLANT negg, not heading to SHENKUU

Alright so after a couple sheets of papers with many words crossed out.. I've come to this conclusion:

Ricky the Knight - Brightvale - Glass Negg

Vaugn - Altador - Cloud Negg

Rutu - Shenkuu - ? (dun dun dunnn)

Selvin - Kiko Lake - Plant Negg (it didn't make it but he left with it)

Hurok - Lost Desert - Sand Negg

Process of elimination points to Rutu.

Just a little piece of not so important info; the fifth profession has been known from day one. ;)

Once the team was assembled, they gathered at a secret location at the protector's behest. It was here that they were told why they'd been summoned and given the option to leave. Only one candidate opted out; he was sent on his way after downing an elixir that erased any recollection of the encounter. Those who remained then held a series of meetings to come up with a plan. Once that was settled upon, the protector's team went about gathering supplies and then making the necessary preparations to carry out their respective missions.

So we have a Blacksmith, a Wizard, a Knight, an Explorer and a Protector. :)

Also, I think that the person that was given the elixir will pop up again on Wednesday. :D

OK, now that I'm done working on this spiffy little SVG based chart, here it is!

http://imgh.us/negg_chart-02-18-04_1.svg

It's only 13.056640625 Kb!! If anyone wants to use this go right ahead. I might require some advanced knowledge of SVG though.. But gosh... Innit just the spiffiest? *blushes* Heheh

(The PNGs of the five neopets on the journey are liked dirrectly from neopets from within the SVG. So if you want to veiw this image off-line you will need to save the 5 PNGs from neopets and tweek the code to point to them on your computer where ever you save them.)

Oh, I nearly forgot to mention, I included a bit of my own guess work on the chart based on the data available and the gear/clothing the neopets in the photo were wearing.

I just changed my answer YET AGAIN, but now I'm going back another time to redo all my grid work and to see if I still get the same answers....on a side note, I found yesterday's negg for my sister on her account and my ex-boyfriend on his and then neglected to go find it on mine and now am probably out of the running for a bonus prize or avatar at the end... *sigh*

Edit: I just got this

Selvin - Kiko Lake - Plant Negg

Voughn - Altador - Cloud Negg

Rutu - Shenkuu - CLOCKWORK NEGG

Ricky - LD/BV - Glass or Sand Negg

Hurok - LD/BV - Glass or Sand Negg

Edited by MuffinDaemon13

Well if our correctness is hinged only upon or minds over matter, then it will be rutu in shenkuu :D I havent even tried to fill out the chart but just reading all the posts has convinced me it is rutu in shenkuu lol.

I first chose Rutu to Shenkuu then Selvin to Kikio Lake and I've just changed it back...

Why does it seem like this "logic puzzle" is getting less logical with each new journal entry? I hope the final one doesn't mess everything up again.

every time you guys come up with an answer, im like OH YEAH THAT SOUNDS AWESOME IM gonNA GUESS THAT. and then the next day you guys are like no this is totally correct. i think neopets is messing with us and were gonna find out that the clockwork egg was stolen or something because no one could make up their minds on who would go where with what

Final clue. You have until 11:59:59 PM tonight to submit your final guess!

Entry 17

Well, if there's one thing that everyone is now crystal clear on, it's that the botanist does NOT like being called Ricky, even if it's as the result of a perfectly innocent mistake. Apparently, the slight dates back to the botanist's childhood days, when an unmerciful bully named Ricky taunted and terrorised them to no end. Duly noted, the rest of us affirmed, and have promised to do our level best not to let it happen again. In other "everyone's on edge, so we should probably get going soon" news, it seems that some prankster has hidden the knight's lucky plush toy, and we have since been informed that nobody's going anywhere until it's returned... *sigh*

And so, the time has come for us adventurers to go our separate ways. Should anyone sufficiently clever and dedicated happen upon these words, then—having read this far—I would daresay they'd quite likely be capable of guessing the destination of that which we seek to protect...

My results:

Rutu - Shenkku - CW Negg - Botanist

Hurok - Lost Desert - Sand Negg - Blacksmith

Voughn - Altador - Cloud Negg - Explorer

Selvin - Plant - Kiko lake - Wizard

Ricky - Glass - Brightvale - Knight

If someone has another answers, the grid just filled itself, once I checked all the possibilities :D

I was going to say that this new clue didn't give us any information whatsoever...but it does. It tells us what the unknown job is.

But yes...glad I didn't change my guess!

*You can change your guess anytime between now and the end of the day on 4/17 NST, but remember, the earlier you submit a guess, the better your reward! The correct answer will be revealed on 4/18.

TNT does seem to suggest the earlier you submit your GUESS, the better the reward, not necessarily that the solution which you settle

for must be the correct answer...per hap there may be multiple solutions so long as your choices of WHO and LAND are not ruled out as

possibilities.... thats would certainly be interesting....

*You can change your guess anytime between now and the end of the day on 4/17 NST, but remember, the earlier you submit a guess, the better your reward! The correct answer will be revealed on 4/18.

TNT does seem to suggest the earlier you submit your GUESS, the better the reward, not necessarily that the solution which you settle

for must be the correct answer...per hap there may be multiple solutions so long as your choices of WHO and LAND are not ruled out as

possibilities.... thats would certainly be interesting....

There might be multiple prizes, like, first to guess, first to guess correctly, guessing correctly, and so on...