What is it that makes you love Neopets.com?

behemothrules

For me, it's all the friendly people I meet! Another thing is that I love the feeling when I reach a goal I have been working towards for a long time. I love my pets, and I never thought I would get so attached to them, but I am ^_^ and of course, avatars avatars avatars!! :)

What about you guys? What keeps you coming back everyday?

Right now? My goals! I have a Maraquan Draik (my dream pet), now I'm saving up for her matching Petpet, a Maraquan Snowickle! That goal keeps me going. Also, I love the avatars, despite how difficult collecting seems to be! I also like their variety of things to do. I mean, I'm not big into customization, but lots of people are, so there's that. There's also things like NeoQuest for people to do, or KeyQuest. In my case, Habitarium, but I play it more for NP than enjoyment right now. Once you've leveled up, it's not as much fun. I also like how it sort of relates with reality - like when I got my article in the times this week - that was such a thrill! =D Or the amazing people I've met on the boards. ;)

They have a huge variety of free games, which is excellent. =) So there's a lot of to love.

i don't at all have an addictive personality and grow tired of things (especially things on the internet) quite quickly, but neopets has held my interest off and on for almost ten years now. i think it is a lot to do with how much there is to achieve on the site and how it is possible to see the manifestations of your achievements so clearly. i also adore my pets, especially in the absence of my cat since i've moved away from home. the games are pretty fun too. i suppose it's just a combination of a lot of things. it's a damn good site haha

My goals, the people, the addictiveness! I'm determined to collect as many as avvies as possible, as well as complete my stamp album as far as possible, and that keeps me coming back, I need to be constantly earning NP for the stamps! I've also finally figured out my dream pets (it only took 6 years :P) so I'm very keen to get them now, and I'm really excited to have them all done :)

It's managed to hold my interest more than any other internet thing now too. I tend to get really into things for about a week and then give up, but I've been on neo one and off for 7 years now, I just can't keep away!

I love pretty much everything about it. From goals, like earning for PBs and such for my pets, earning avatars or trophies, site events, customization, the pets are adorable, the games are a good cure for boredom at home and at work.

The biggest things are the NP and the goals... I always feel good when I work hard and earn something out of it, virtual or not.

There are also a lot of great people in Neopia, which can balance out the not-so-nice ones. And I've got to say, TDN is one of the best forums I've ever been on.

This is a funny questions :) There have been studies that show people become addicted to video or compueter games because it gives them this sense of fulfillment within the game. LOL I know I'm addicted. For me it just feels awesome getting a new trophy, or a new avie that you've been working on. Also, Neopets does a good job at having site events frequently, like Daily Dare, or the Negg Hunt, so that keeps things interesting. And you feel like you have to be on every day or else you'll miss those events.

It's all about my pets, those wonderful characters of mine who I love interacting with. The site events too, I love almost all of them! Then there are the games, my all time favourite is Shenkuu Warrior II, it is so addicting! Plus I also love the Neopian Times and all the user-made content there. :) Sure, I have goals too, but I'm in no hurry.

It gives me something to do and things to work for. I don't feel like I'm completely wasting my time when I'm on the internet and it's a bit of a childhood past time that I really enjoy :)