Is this true?

Naamah D.

I just read a notice saying this.....

- Due to increasing numbers of Neopets causing core dumps on our database servers, we had to make some changes to how the site performs. Unfortunately, this means we will have to purge some Neopets from the system. Starting on Monday, each account will only be allowed three Neopets rather than four. In the next few hours, we will be sending Neopets into the Pound and purging the Pound itself by the end of today (Sunday).

So is it true?

No. It's a joke. So far, I'm not impressed. TNT's jokes have been more annoying than amusing. The TP, Auctions and Shop Wiz are pretty much non-functional right now. Happily, the SSW is still normal. For now.

Good! That's not a joke, that's just plain out scary and annoying. I was like "Oh my god! I'm going to lose some of my pets!" That would break my heart.

subpar april fool's joke haha.. i went to transfer my draik to its new owner and couldn't do so. had been waiting for the joke and immediately figured it must have something to do with the countdowns

Oh, TNT... not cool. I only just noticed the shop wizard XD Supposed to be trading for Xen today but I guess that's not happening :(

Honestly, with that opportunity of a lifetime, I'm glad they disabled the pound so that no one can abandon a pet thinking it's real. I think it's stupid and horrible, but I'm glad they prevented the backlash that would have happened from the people who didn't get it was a opportunity of a lifetime and abandoned a pet.

Due to the recent overload of abandoned Neopets, the Pound has been closed until capacity issues can be addressed. A modest proposal is currently being considered. We hope to have the Pound up and running again by the end of the countdown. Stay tuned!

That's actually kind of funny. Does anyone else know what "A Modest Proposal" is?

(There was a huge problem with homeless, in Ireland I think it was, and so Jonathan Swift wrote a satirical essay about how we should eat the extra children and that would not only take care of the over population and lack of food problems). http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

Last years Aprils sauce opportunity of a lifetime was done much better! I was suppose to be getting lent a pet today but it looks like that isn't happening anymore.

OK I HAVE FIXED THOSE STUPID TYPOS 5 TIMES NOW!!! IF THIS IS A TDN'S opportunity of a lifetime IT'S NOT FUNNY YOUR DRIVING MY OCD INSANE!!!!

That is it I'm done with TDN's until your stupid opportunity of a lifetime is over.

That's actually kind of funny. Does anyone else know what "A Modest Proposal" is?

(There was a huge problem with homeless, in Ireland I think it was, and so Jonathan Swift wrote a satirical essay about how we should eat the extra children and that would not only take care of the over population and lack of food problems). http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

O.O! That is horrible, I hope Neopets doesn't plan on eating all the extra neopets!!! lol

Edited by GA_Bulldogs4life

Totally glad they disabled the pound. The blurb did make me lol due to the Swift piece, but for all the people that freaked out a little on the inside, good on TNT to take precautions to make sure they didn't actually abandon their pets.

Lawl at the filters *hugs TJ*

and lol at egg cave. Now I have a bunch of weird cyclops creatures xD

This is a rather nasty opportunity of a lifetime by Neopets, and not funny in the slightest, especially with younger/less experienced members not spotting the danger. Poor show, Neopets, poor show.

It's not really that big of an issue, because even if a new user reads that, and tried to abandon a pet, they can't. No pets can currently be pounded.

I think it's funny. Well, the shop wizard one is my favourite. xD I also like the lab ray one. Pranks are always mean and always at another's expense, that's what makes them so funny. And TNT has taken measures to prevent people from making a mistake - so it's all good. And Ayrza turned into a Mynci - despite the fact it said I could only use the lay ray once per day. o-0

The reason I don't like it is they effectively shut down the site for the day, commerce wise. You can't easily shop for things in user's shops, you can't easily price things for your shop. Trading and auctions are useless, you can't use transfers on the first day of the month...

I was actually surprised that things from my shop are selling, since people can't search. It's not like I advertise. I'm like "how are people still finding my stuff to buy" O.o