How do you feel when items inflate / deflate ??

Angeló

How do you feel when an item you sold for 100k inflates to 800k

or when an item you bought for 300k deflates to 70k !

or when you find an item for sale 200k cheaper than the one you just bought yesterday !

ugggggh it really grinds my gears when all this happens :(

but i guess that's part of the game ...

Horrible! I sold a moach for 110k (at the time they were even found on the SW every now and then) which was difficult to find a buyer. Now I wanted to buy one (along with more P3s) and they're all in the millions. I never remember them being so expensive before.

Urg, it seems like that constantly happens to me. I'll feel really proud about snagging a rare food for 1000np less than usual, then a week later it drops down 3000np in price. Or, I'll sale something for 24,000np and feel really proud and rich, only for that item to inflate a few days later to 37,000np. Then I go sob quietly in the corner and bang my head against a wall.

Horrible! I sold a moach for 110k (at the time they were even found on the SW every now and then) which was difficult to find a buyer. Now I wanted to buy one (along with more P3s) and they're all in the millions. I never remember them being so expensive before.

I haven't played Neopets in awhile, and kept a couple P3s from before. Now I'm really pleased with the price inflation. I'm wondering if I should sell them. Hopefully the price won't tank any time soon.

I can't say I'm all that fazed except when the inflaton or deflation is absolutely ridiculous (as it happens with things like MPs and PBs). I remember first painting one of my pets striped and it cost at least 5+ times as much as it does now. It doesn't bother me that much as I'm quite happy with how many NPs I have now and my achievements but it's slightly irritating to think about haha

it does go both ways :) i'm still a bit sad i gave my snow bunnies all away, but there you go ^_^

the things we would do if we had a time machine :P

the only thing that makes me sad is some of the items which are nigh on unobtainable, because they are so old. any account with them is usually abandoned

The only thing that I don't get is why, when certain items are priced SO ridiculously, TNT does add more into the game to bring prices down to a more attainable range... like Bony Grarrl Club, or Super pea, or certain stamps. I know neopians make the prices, but if there were more to share, people would sell!

Doesn't really bother me too much. Any re-selling I do is usually with items that stay fairly stable. Some good ways to combat the inflation/deflation issue are:

• Never buy newly released items as soon as they come out, as they will always be worth more. Wait until there are more of them available and the price is driven down.
  • Non-consumeables are (usually) more likely to deflate and to deflate quicker because, other than discarding them, feeding them to a Jetsam or Grarrl, or those rare REs that steal items, there's no way to remove them from the economy.
  • Never sell items right after they were given out in mass groups either from dailies, site events, or even items given from answering the daily question in pet central.
  • Seasonal demand. Christmas items, for example, will be in more demand around Christmastime and will likely sell for more than in the middle of the summer. The same with seasonal avatar items.

Of course, it's still difficult to predict what the prices of items will be years in the future. However, in that amount of time, any losses you suffered from inflation/deflation will probably have equaled out the same way. You may lose 50k on books you resold at a loss, but you probably made it back by reselling other things that inflated from when you bought them. The same with other items. Any loss is usually balanced by a gain somewhere else.

Though, this all might go out the window if the Woodland PB I just paid 7 mil for deflates by like, 80% in the next month :P

It doesn't bother me much because I guess I RS a lot of new items (especially new wearables.. I HATE new wearables), so I automatically assume that even if the item is on the TP for like 500k, it's going to deflate to buyable status with time.

And in general, I have a good idea of what's going to deflate or inflate so I'm not that surprised. For example, everything I want to buy is inflating and everything I want to sell is deflating!

xD No but.. really, I'm serious .__., and I'm used to it. And I always check the release date of my items. The newer it is, the faster the deflation. I love it when I get an item that was released in like 2001 because it usually can only go up rather than down. I mean, it's different case by case.. but as a general rule you can tell by how many items are available, demand, and release date. For example retired stamps or r101 stamps always inflate ridiculously fast.

Though, this all might go out the window if the Woodland PB I just paid 7 mil for deflates by like, 80% in the next month :P

I wouldnt' be too worried about that though. PBs are rare, more desirable than MPs, and don't show up regularly in a shop like MPs do...I feel like the demand for rare and desirable PBs prevents them from deflating much.

I don't really look or pay attention to the "then" and "now". I just buy at the present price, regardless. I'm not big into restocking so it's not much of a concern. The point of the game is to obtain your goals, right? So at least you had obtained it! NOW, if I found out an item I got cheaply had risen, obviously I'd be delighted. That's good luck and it seldom feels like it happens to me. I like to praise my luck, hoping it'll consider returning to me another time. ^.~

Emily's response is a great guide for new buyers/sellers :D

I only did buy new items once with the Jazzy Bori outfit .. I was dying to get it when it first came out so I shelled out 800k for it ! I know it's crazy ... but I didn't care then .. now I'm kinda glad I did buy them because they went into my Gallery spotlight page :) sometimes it take many months for an item to deflate ...

However some R95+ / R101 / R180 are impossible to predict .. I bought Mortog Music for 600k and thought I had a great deal , only to see someone selling it for 350k a day later ... perhaps I should stop obsessing about prices AFTER i buy an item ... haha !

I don't generally restock anymore but when I did that was super annoying!! I don't think many of the items from my gallery will deflate too much so I think I'm good - I wouldn't like to check anyways just in case :P

I did buy the Forgotten Shore Map when it first came out for 300k though *facepalm*

I definitely don't like it- unfortunately a lot of the petpets I bought for my gallery were much more expensive than they are now. However, as people have mentioned it does happen the other way around too and it's always nice when a freebie I've gotten from something is now over 100k :)

Emily's response is a great guide for new buyers/sellers :D

I only did buy new items once with the Jazzy Bori outfit .. I was dying to get it when it first came out so I shelled out 800k for it ! I know it's crazy ... but I didn't care then .. now I'm kinda glad I did buy them because they went into my Gallery spotlight page :) sometimes it take many months for an item to deflate ...

However some R95+ / R101 / R180 are impossible to predict .. I bought Mortog Music for 600k and thought I had a great deal , only to see someone selling it for 350k a day later ... perhaps I should stop obsessing about prices AFTER i buy an item ... haha !

I restock a LOT of newly released items, especially wearables... even if they're unpriced or 400-600k on the TP, I'm really glad to get rid of them even for 200k because when they drop to 200k on the TP, I just sell them in my shop for 99k... and then everyone starts selling them on the SW too...

I just sold a stamp recently for 200k that was 700k on the TP, and was very glad to do so. And the buyer knew that it would eventually become buyable too, but was impatient so they wanted it.

ya. its rough. just try to figure if an item will increase or decrease in value. You still get the shaft sometimes, but whatever. 2 I invested in really good BD weapons, and they got downgraded a couple months after buying and lost all value...

If i'm the one selling: Deflate - depressed; inflate = ecstatic

If I'm the one buying: Deflate - happy but hoping for it to deflate even more; inflate = :/

I subscribe to the saying "Ignorance is bliss". I try not to look up the prices of any pricey items which I've bought or sold, lest I end up slamming my head into a wall. I once made the deadly mistake of checking the price of a plushie grundo MP which I sold for about 60k when it was first released and found that it's now worth many times the amount which I sold for.

can anyone tell me why these two items deflated so much ?

toy_drenched_2.giftoy_drenched_3.gif

Moderately Evil Middle Drenched Sister (50 np)

Slightly Less Evil Youngest Drenched Sister Plushie (500 np)