That Special Pet

Naamah D.

We all have pets we connect with in real life. Which one of your Neopets do you feel most connected with? The one pet that you gaurd from Boochi with your dear life. The one pet that gets a designer room in the Neolodge. That one pet that you are very close too.

Me? I personally love my RoyalGirl Bori, DoodleDoom. One of my first ever Neopets was a female Bori and I adored her. Even though my first Bori is long gone and was red, I always picture her to be a little princess. That's why I painted DoodleDoom RoyalGirl.

My absolute favorite is my cloud Shoyru _Demigod_ Now, I know that cloud isn't exactly the most stellar color ever, but I just love everything about her and I have some kind of weird bond with her, She was my first neopet I made on this account (my first serious account) and the very first pet I painted.

And is it strange that I feel guilty about picking a favorite pet? :mellow:

(Of course i love all my pets dearly!)

Guest little4lupe

My real-life connection and favorite is my baby Kougra, Star (ostrolgystars). She reminds me of all the sweet, lovable kittens I've had the pleasure of keeping throughout my life.

It's okay, behemoth. I feel guilty about favoring one over the others, too. xD

Pretty much all of my pets are special to me in some way, but obviously some more than others.

For my older pets, I'll have to go with my Usul, Allumeri. She's a few years old now, but I haven't been with her for that long. I love her name and its connection to light, especially because my name (Claire) is kind of, too. Also, I found an old notebook where I wrote that I wish I could pamper her and treat her like a princess, and it's so amazing that I actually can now. She's kind of like a symbol to how much I've changed since I played Neo as a younger kid.

I'm really attached to her; I've morphed/painted her several times instead of just getting a new pet, and I plan to again soon.

I love all my pets! But of course, it narrows down to my first "4 main girls" and then there's Beauty.

My first four pets have the 9004 at the end of their names and they are the ones I always get NC for. But even though my Faerie Pteri was my first official "dream pet," my Spotted Xweetok is still my most treasured pet.

Back when I started neopets, Beauty was my ONLY pet for over a year before I decided to get a second. Even after I adopted my full family, I still have a very strong bond with her.

I remember having this feeling that if all my pets were taken away from me, I knew I would actually be MOST upset if Beauty was taken. She's my first neopet and even though she's not painted the most expensive color, I can't see her in any other way besides Spotted :)

4.png

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Simba256_2004

This is my baby.

Poorly named, and cheaply painted. (I love her this colour though, it suits her! I don't care about how expensive a paint job is or not)

She was my first pet, and used to be a he but I've grown attached to her being female.

Well, I always have a special spot on my heart for my first neopet, Lori111. Right now she's a perpetual lab rat, so she's my boochi shield :P

I'm currently working on assembling permies, and I feel very strongly about all of them so far: Tiberonth, Viserau, and Botak.

My labrats are always my favorites, I feel like when they change species/color I'm watching them grow up XD and when they finally get a color/species combo I like, they're "all grown up" and get to keep their final form. Baileye is my all grown up Mara Gelert, but she used to be a jubbie and a kacheek etc. so those were her toddler and child and teen phases. I'm mental, I know *lol*

My uni, fay164192. Yes, she's badly named but that's because when I created her, I had only just started playing Neo (and so I didn't actually know or do anything right x_x ). After six years, she's still my number #1 pet, and she gets the most training and books than her siblings.

However, I'd like to add that I'm attached to all my pets one way or another. Like my baby aisha, who is so adorable :wub_anim:

And my avvie pets (Agaperos, Channerie, fay164192 and fay164888) are awesomeness! :thumbsup:

Since I just recently noticed I have a tendency to attach myself to the pets on my account, I'm afraid of attaching to my currect labpet, who I initially intended to put up for adoption/trade when she got a good zap :worried:

My most treasured pet would be my Kougra- Kogku. I love his name and he was the first pet I had on this account I believe. I've had quite a few pets come and go over the years because of my lab map, and usually I like to give them away to someone who really wants them, but I've kept him around. I did lab him for a while and he turned ice and I just absolutely loved it! http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Kogku

I also really like my Poogle Aqolien though- as others have said it's not the most expensive paintjob (Camo) but I think it fits him well! :) A poogle was my dream pet since I started playing neo- so I'm happy to have one! :) http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Aqolien

I think I'd have to say my peophin on my side, Valitatko.

2.png

I've loved Christmas peophins since way back when, the first time I saw the gypsy girl nc mall outfit on one. I created one on my old account. When I started up again I made him. It just seemed natural.

He's my first ever male pet, my first hand painted pet in years. I knew everything about him before I made him.

I love all my other pets, but they're all such their own beings, Vali's really the only one who would come and confide in me.

Love my White Kacheek the most! :wub_anim:

She's the first pet I created with this account, and one of those two created (and still kept) while the rest adopted! She's also the one I'm one most biased to; from reading books to training her and everything else. She'll always be my tomboy Ice Queen.

I love my Starry Scorchio! Fell in love with the color and got so happy when I finally could afford to buy it!

But I love my other pets too. And Im collection np so I can buy them nice brushes too. Its just take some time, as they cost much more than I have right now. :P

I think my favourite will always be the first pet I ever created, Crysttella my Uni. She used to be blue, but now she's Maraquan. On the one hand, I really love the Uni Maraquan appearance, but I struggled with replacing the Uni I was used to looking at for so many years... She's closely followed by my Christmas Kougra, Tsinamia, that I adopted as a red Kougra when she was 7 hours old. I'm really happy with the Christmas Kougra look so I wouldn't want to change her.

I do love my other pets dearly, particularly on my side accounts, but I guess the oldest ones I've just had longer to become attached to (4,058 days and counting!).

He's my first ever male pet, my first hand painted pet in years. I knew everything about him before I made him.

I find it interesting that he's your first ever male pet. Personally I prefer male pets! But maybe that's just because I'm pretty anti-female in real life. And by that I don't mean I'm against women, I am one, it's just that I really don't like anything girly and I'm definitely more into masculine things so my attraction has always been to male pets! Plus I'm not a fan of the eyelashes they have with a lot of the new female pets!

I find it interesting that he's your first ever male pet. Personally I prefer male pets! But maybe that's just because I'm pretty anti-female in real life. And by that I don't mean I'm against women, I am one, it's just that I really don't like anything girly and I'm definitely more into masculine things so my attraction has always been to male pets! Plus I'm not a fan of the eyelashes they have with a lot of the new female pets!

When I was little I had to have all girl characters. All of them. Boys were yucky :P I mostly have better relationships with girls IRL anyway, from my mum and sister to my friends. I think I have about... two guys I'd call my friends. But when I came back to neopets, all I wanted was boy pets and my dear Ibi (my obligatory ixi). Now, if all goes well, byt he time I have all of my dreamies it'll be 50-50, male/female.

Anyways :offtopic:

My special pet has to be Gunnslinger. ♥

I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone though. :P

Since I started reading the Dark Tower books when I was 11 (so 18!!! years ago) I have been a huge fan. This may sound silly but the characters in the books really feel like friends to me. I've never had this with any other story in my life. Also, I have been crazy about dragons for as long as I can remember. I figured out and obtained his whole customization before I bought and hatched him. I love him to bits. :)

http://www.neopets.com/petlookup.phtml?pet=Gunnslinger

I have two very special pets to me. My first is my Blue Shoyru, SpritzieBlue. She was my very first pet, so she's been with me for nearly 10 years now. (And she's the only one of my first 4 pets that never left my main account, and never will.) She's not only special because she was my first, but because she was named after my nickname which means a lot (and it's a nickname I've had since a couple years before I created her) and she's one of my favorite species.

The other pet special to me is my Draik, Aitvara. Not only because I love the species, color, and her name, but because she also symbolizes my hard work. I got her Egg before the new dailies where Draik Eggs are possible, were released, so I had to work hard at making and saving NP for quite awhile in order to be able to get her. She sort of serves as a reminder that any of my goals are possible, as long as I'm dedicated and continue to work towards them, no matter how long it may take.

Totally agree - all of my pets are male!

I don't necessarily have a special real-world connection to any of my pets, but I do love llamas... :wub_anim:

2.pnggpp_vacana.gif