Change forgotten shore prizes?

SuperAttackPea

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should they replace the top prizes at the forgotten shore?

• Yes
    • No

I mean, the draik eggs and krawk mps are "over-deflated" like they were worth less than they were worth several years ago when it was harder to make nps back then. And for people who want to trade for Ucs without any ucs, krawks and draiks used to be a way to do it. now, it's pretty much impossible. Wouldn't it be nice if they stopped deflating draiks and krawks and release something else that is rare, eg: some retired stamps so that people can actually get stamp avatars without blowing up 2 super attack peas.

i actually disagree :P because eggs and so on were inflating steadily, especially when they were a gourmet food and kadoatary item (still are gourmet food *eww*) and i would never be able to afford one.

i think i was an excellent idea to bring down the price and make rarer pets more accessible to new players, otherwise unless you are really good at games/RSing they are out of the reach of players without a good internet connection/good computer (if you can't run habitarium)

all things have an effect, and i understand its now harder to trade for UC pets, but it would always be hard to trade for them anyway since they are becoming rarer and rarer. its probably TNTs sneaky way also of phasing out UC pets too.

maybe they should stop for a while (like 3-4 months) then bring them back ... then stop again .... i mean they should alternate the prizes ...

i've been having the same thought lately ...and wanted to make this topic :D this is the second topic i wanted to make which got made today lol ... i think i'm sending out too many vibrations :)

Or maybe the pound chat should stop being so stingy? IMAGINE THAT.

>.>

Maybe that's just me lol

I don't think they should stop giving out eggs/potions, but I wouldn't be opposed if they added more items (like stamps or other magical plushies - even wearables) to lower the probability of them being rewarded.

That said, I think TNT controls how many are won so they know what they're doing and are pleased with their current value.

I don't think they should stop giving out eggs/potions, but I wouldn't be opposed if they added more items (like stamps or other magical plushies - even wearables) to lower the probability of them being rewarded.

That said, I think TNT controls how many are won so they know what they're doing and are pleased with their current value.

I agree that they should put out retired stamps and more variety. But I'm in it more for the stamps anyway :rolleyes_anim:

Put it this way: Krawks and Draiks are pets, and they weren't accessible easily. How many of us here love and adore Draiks? I was able to get my Maraquan one by trading. Anyway, they are still quite pricey regardless, and if you paint them a rare colour, you can still obtain a UC. I'm sure TNT will probably start restricting them and making them a little rarer shortly. And from what I gather, TNT considers all pets "unique" and probably would prefer them not treated as items.

I do feel terribly sorry for all of those people who spent so much NP, but in many of them for the longest time had quite a rare per anyway. :)

UC's are wonderful and everything, but meh. Less and less people will have them as time progresses and it's not such a big deal.

However, I think they should (at least to maintain some rarity) restrict it a tad bit, so I picked the change option.

I don't overly mind them deflating the prices. I don't really like draiks much and krawks are kind of cool. But because they did that I have been able to trade two cheap (at least before deflation standards) customs for UC. Sure they aren't WNed or as high a paint job as I was being offered before the deflation they are still UC. So you can still obtain them. Just have to find the right people.

In all honesty I still like the idea of allowing the FFQ to change a pet into the UC version of the pet. So if I had a plushie shoyru I could use my FFQ to make him UC. It would create more UC so there prices would decrease and it would allow everyone to be able to obtain one while keeping them rare. I personally have never had a FFQ but it would still be great.

maybe some of you don't understand how draik and krawk owners who created their pets for 16m feel. I have 3 draiks and 1 krawk, all created before september 2011, I just feel really disgusted that I could have used less than 16m to get the same pets today. Imagine if you bought a home for 1.6m and it deflated to 400k or 200k, how would you feel?

And of course getting a UC from a faerie quest is great, but probably won't happen, sadly.

I don't think they should stop giving out morphing potions and Draik eggs, but I do think they should gimme more than "there's nothing of interest to be found today". Same thing with Anchor Management. I'm going to have a year's supply of Pirate Small Talk books!

maybe some of you don't understand how draik and krawk owners who created their pets for 16m feel. I have 3 draiks and 1 krawk, all created before september 2011, I just feel really disgusted that I could have used less than 16m to get the same pets today. Imagine if you bought a home for 1.6m and it deflated to 400k or 200k, how would you feel?

I got my first Draik in September of 2010. I paid 12 million for the egg and I still agree that the deflating Draik prices, and Krawk prices, are great. I never liked Draiks due to them being rare, or thinking of them as a status symbol, so I think it's great to see more people being able to afford them. It's allowing people who might never have been able to get one before, to get their dream pets.

I think it's good that the prices of Krawks and Draiks are deflating, I know that alot of people only like them because of how rare they are. I think TNT wants people to remember that they are pets, not fabulously rare and expensive items!

I think it's nice that people can get their dream pets that were so incredibly far off for the average player, or one that couldn't spend a lot of time on Neo. As for the UC exchanges, people are still taking Draiks for them. They're just a little bit pickier about color and name.

I understand how frustrating it would be to have to pay an extra 10 million NP only to see the price sink so much. What bugs me is when people complain on the boards about how they're not "special" anymore. I don't really believe in using pets as status symbols (or, oftentimes, the idea of "statuses" at all.)

I agree that they should take away the forgotten shore map pieces- to me maps should be special and selling them for 200np and then being able to get a draik egg or krawk plushie is slightly ridiculous. To be honest though, I want them restricted because then I could make more money off of selling one, but I want them unrestricted so there is a higher chance of me getting one. I don't really like draiks or krawks...except for the eventide draik...but I think I like ALL eventide pets.

i feel your pain, i really do, but your argument is analogous to my professor saying, "oh we suffered during our time, we didn't have the internet to complete coursework" and proceeding to not allow students to use internet now.

i think all advantages should be given to the younger players. personally, i dnt think that there's any use for strong words like disgusting. this is a game and these are pixels and everyone should get to enjoy it

i think all advantages should be given to the younger players.

Then I guess we should be able to get unconverts without double unlimited-customs, right?

and I was implying that there are other inflated items, like stamps and that draik and krawk would be turned from restricted to LE if they keep doing this.

Then I guess we should be able to get unconverts without double unlimited-customs, right?

and I was implying that there are other inflated items, like stamps and that draik and krawk would be turned from restricted to LE if they keep doing this.

Okay, and...?

Is there anything that's really terrible about that?

If you bought things like that before the shore deflated everything, then yes, that really sucks. But that's just another part of Neopets, the randomness/chance. Inflation and deflation happen all the time for a number of reasons, and that's the way the economy works.

Going along with what wallflower was saying, it's just a game, and everyone should be allowed to enjoy it without feeling frustrated because they'd have to save up for months or even years (different situations for different people) to get the pet they've always wanted.