Which specie got totally ruined by Neopets 2.0?

chibi_chibi_tsukino

Species not as much as COLOURS. Royal got RUINED and now i don't want a Royal pet unless it's UC.

This. My dreamie was a Royalgirl Lupe, they used to look so pretty. I have to appeal for them anymore.

4.png

This beautiful neopet turned into this

4.png

It lost a lot of personality, and sadly to me it doesn't even look girly to me.

4.png

Lastly, this looks way cooler than

4.png

this. It used to look like a Lupe actually transformed into a beast. Now it looks like a brown Lupe put on some makeup,clothes, and didn't file his teeth.

Edited by Ravenlovesneopets

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never was a fan of Meercas ... but they were cute enough ... I would own an old Tyrannian one ... but now , they are completely ruined !!!

This meerca_tyrannian_baby.gif

became this 4.png

:grrr: :sad01_anim: :skull:

on a side note ...

this krawk_tyrannian_baby.gif

became this 4.png

horrible ... inexcusable ... unacceptable excuse of a Neopet ,,, it just breaks my heart to see this travesty !!!

Wow...the old Royalgirl Cybunny and Lupe were beautiful!! Such a shame they've been changed.

What I find really bad - that's what my cute lil Elephante used to look like:

elephante_island_baby.gif

And that's my Elephante now:

4.png

Maybe I should morph it, dunno.

Gosh...the Elephante used to be sooooo cute!! Just adorable. It doesn't even compare to the new one.

What I find really bad - that's what my cute lil Elephante used to look like:

elephante_island_baby.gif

And that's my Elephante now:

4.png

Maybe I should morph it, dunno.

Aww :( Now that is a shame. The old Elephante was very cute. Really reminds me of Disney style elephants ^_^ The new version has lost loads of its original character :/

This. My dreamie was a Royalgirl Lupe, they used to look so pretty. I have to appeal for them anymore.

4.png

This beautiful neopet turned into this

4.png

It lost a lot of personality, and sadly to me it doesn't even look girly to me.

4.png

Lastly, this looks way cooler than

4.png

this. It used to look like a Lupe actually transformed into a beast. Now it looks like a brown Lupe put on some makeup,clothes, and didn't file his teeth.

I agree with the Halloween Lupe, the extra hair behind the head really bothers me.

imho a lot of the pets got ruined with the first art revamp, aka the one in 2004 or whenever. i still miss my uber old-school kougra. /cry

oldkougra.gif

the current uc designs are all right, but i didn't like them all that much to begin with (believe it or not, people screamed and cried in '04 just as much as they did in '07!). maybe that's why i wasn't too pressed when they did the customization makeover, since i wasn't very attached to the UC art anyway.

I believe no one mentioned flotsams yet. I think it's a real shame, they used to look so cute. If I had know this, I might never have created a flotsam.

Before:

flotsam_green_me.gif

After:

2.png

Some pets with special colours also looked better before, like royal and faerie... But the flotsam is also a really sad case I think, not a lot of people like them anymore.

imho a lot of the pets got ruined with the first art revamp, aka the one in 2004 or whenever. i still miss my uber old-school kougra. /cry

oldkougra.gif

the current uc designs are all right, but i didn't like them all that much to begin with (believe it or not, people screamed and cried in '04 just as much as they did in '07!). maybe that's why i wasn't too pressed when they did the customization makeover, since i wasn't very attached to the UC art anyway.

Oh yes, I like that Kougra design, it seems more exotic and realistic that way.

I tend to forget what they looked like after a while, but I always feel a bit disheartened when I look at the Chomby. I loved it when it first came out, but now it's grin is just too wide! It bothers me a little bit. :worried:

I'm not keen on the fist poses of the Jetsam, Flotsam and Koi. I preferred Grarrl with the older mouth, and Blumaroo and Meecra should have kept their trademark tails. I used to covet the faerie paintbrush, but it doesn't look as special on many of my favourite pets anymore.

Some of the pets I feel look a little off now, but I can't really tell the difference enough to know why I feel that.

Wow... I really didn't think I'd have all that much to say! :laughingsmiley:

[Edit] Spelt something wrong. Also, I forgot to mention I liked the older Poogle and Skeith more, and that, despite my grumblings, I guess I don't really think any got ruined because I'd probably like some of them more if they'd always looked the way they do... I'm just a sucker for being nostalgic.

Edited by CrazyBiscuit

I still dream of a uc koi. I have a converted one, but it's not nearly as nice. The fin/fist just looks so... awkward. Fish do not have hands. Full stop. They should not have hands, either. They looked so elegant before. *walks off to sulk in a corner*

Man, looking through this thread reminded me of how great painted pets used to be. They actually CHANGED the pet entirely. They didn't just slap on a few accessories and change colors. What made it so special was the different lineart. I was lucky enough that none of my Darigan pets got converted and still remain in UC glory, but it's like, what's the point of trying to get more? They look ridiculous and don't have that feeling of being something special and new :\