Which specie got totally ruined by Neopets 2.0?

chibi_chibi_tsukino

I admit that for normal colors, the new draiks look better but for Darigan and Tyrannian? Completely ruined the look. I actually hadn't seen the new Darigan Draik lineart until just now. Both it and the Tyrannian just lose that 'evil' look :\

draik_darigan_baby.gif2.png

draik_tyrannian_baby.gif2.png

I have to agree though, after finding a place to view old and new art....the royals DEFINITELY got the short end of the stick.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I admit that for normal colors, the new draiks look better but for Darigan and Tyrannian? Completely ruined the look. I actually hadn't seen the new Darigan Draik lineart until just now. Both it and the Tyrannian just lose that 'evil' look :\

draik_darigan_baby.gif2.png

draik_tyrannian_baby.gif2.png

I have to agree though, after finding a place to view old and new art....the royals DEFINITELY got the short end of the stick.

I love your UC's! You are so fortunate to have such beautiful Darigan pets. *Jealous* ^.^

I do like the new Darigan Draik, too. I like both. I never understood why he didn't have wings! I mean, I guess the artist was trying to make him evil/unique but I still think wings would have complimented the look. I wouldn't mind having the new look (although I'd still prefer the old.)

A lot of Tyrannias got it pretty horridly!

I think that the Faerie Pteri got it really bad. It used to look so elegant and pretty, and now it's just a rather boring looking bird with better colors than before. I wonder why they had to change to that.

I've also heard that the Xweetok got it pretty badly?

Oh my gosh look at the UC plushie zafara

zafara_plushie_baby.gif

:O it was so cute! I would have killed for one of those :'(

and for comparison, updated

4.png

That is terrible! It was so cute before...

Though, I've added a Plushie Zafara to my pets I want, as while they may not be as cute as the UC's they are stilla dorable.

I'm really not a fan of all the fists that the neopets make. I mean...now they don't seem to really be different from each other- it's like the exact same pose!

When I returned to Neopets I spent a good hour looking for the new Hissi's wings. Honestly, those are ARMS.

And don't even get me started on how the Darigans and Mutants look.

Although I have to admit the robot pets look more polished now and the Jetsams look less awkward.

I think the Royals--specifically Royal Lupes and Kyriis-got hit pretty hard. Aishas, too.

4.png4.png4.png

I was shocked to see how pretty and adorable the royalgirl kyrii was! I would have wanted one, but I hate what the kyriis look like now.

• 5 months later...

Krawks, Blumaroos and Lutaris.

oldpets_krawk_1.gif2.png

oldpets_blumaroo_2.gif2.png

oldpets_lutari_1.gif2.png

I'm not a huge Lupe fan but...the original lupes looked awesome. I mean, the art wasn't great anatomy wise, but they looked more fierce. Then they got a revamp and looked like puppies. And they still look like puppies.

oldpets_lupe_2.gifoldpets_lupe_3.gif2.png

I remember saving up forever for a Mutant Lupe, they used to look awesome.

oldmutantlupe.png

(only image I could find of it)

Then like, a month later, Lupes got revamped and it turned into this...ugh. (which is now the UC one)

lupe_mutant_baby.gif

It just looked so rushed. No offense to anyone who likes the UC ones but I think they're ugly ;P

I think the converted ones look nicer.

4.png

On another note, Draiks improved since conversion, though I liked the old Halloween and Mutant Draiks better.

draik_halloween_baby.gif4.png

draik_mutant_baby.gif4.png

What's with the tiny arms on the new one?

But in general old Draiks looked skinny, the only UC Draik I like is the Darigan one.