Which specie got totally ruined by Neopets 2.0?

chibi_chibi_tsukino

I know it's an old issue, but I seem to be unable to get over the fact that some beautiful specie got absolutely RUINED by Neopets 2.0, when they introduced customization. So, in your opinion, which specie look now way worse than they used to?

My list includes:

Cybunny

Lutari - (Probably the worst. Used to be super cute, now it looks just horrible)

Koi

Kau

Elephante - (Still angry about what happened to my Island Elephante. Can't get over it!)

Wocky

Xweetok

Not really a species, but MSP is really no good anymore. As for colours, grey has lost its appeal.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. It's an old issue but it still makes me angry. I have no need for customization. My ultimate dreamie before the customization was a Grey Kougra and right before I was able to paint it was switched. And that still remained my ultimate dreamie.

I know the fist thing the pets do is to hold things but it just looks ridiculous.

Faerie pets look boring now too.

The Cybunny to me looks pretty much the same. All that's really different is that it lifts up it's paw.

cybunny_electric_baby.gif = 2.png

The Wocky was my biggest dissapointment. They altered the eyes drastically, making it look goofy and less feline-like; observe:

wocky_fire_baby.gif <-Nice, curved, cat like eyes. Good, cute paw-like feet. = 2.png

They changed it's eyes to big them bigger, I guess. And they turned it's right foot around awkwardly...it's always driven me insane.

The Koi got it badly, too. Probably because at one point, the fins were bigger and made it look somewhat elegant. When they converted it, they hated to make the fins more like hands, ruining the effect.

koi_blue_baby.gif= 2.png

The Lutari is OK, but it looks bad because it's head is now flattened.

lutari_green_baby.gif= 2.png

Blumaroos lost their personality, part of their looks was their cute heart-like feet and adorable bounce on their tail, which were both erased.

blumaroo_shadow_baby.gif= 2.png

Skeith's personality was hurt, only because I consider them somewhat lazy, and standing on four legs like a Dinosaur, so having them upright ruined that neat aspect about them:

skeith_rainbow_baby.gif = 2.png

Personally I think the royalgirl cybunny got it the worst:

4.png

See used to be absolutely beautiful - totally gorgeous with lots of character.

4.png

And now...just not as attractive. Same with lots of the royal and plushie and faerie colours :/ They should have just made backgrounds and foregrounds and wings and left the clothes to the paintbrushes imo. Would have made clothing a bit more special.

EDIT: and I STILL cannot get over the hand thing. Annoys me every single time. 2/3 of my pets don't have that problem but it ticks me off every time i notice hibari's silly fin all sticking up and looking dumb.

aaaand faerie pteri:

4.png

became this..

4.png

I don't think the Wocky got it hard at all... I think they took away their "snob" look, and that's a good thing :P

You thought it looked snobish? I didn't think so. I thought it was to add to their cat-like personalities, simply bulbasaur style-eyes. Instead, they made them huge and square-like. o.0;; I dunno. They were one of my favourite pets at one point.

Based on the comparisons posted before:

I like the old Wocky better. It looks more like a cat, and I love cats. That being said, I don't dislike the new Wocky either, I just think the eyes are a little bit awkward.

While I never used to like Skeiths years ago, I think I would like the old ones now. The new pose makes them look like a stereotypical "bumbling fat guy" in a cartoon.

I have to agree that the faerie pteri looks less elegant after the makeover. It looked so magestic when it was soaring but the new version makes it look slightly clumsy.

Personally, I was disappointed by the change in the plushie chomby. I had initially planned to paint my chomby plushie but decided against it after the new version was unveiled. There goes my cuddly little chomby =(

chomby_plushie_baby.gif

became

2.png

I think almost all species became ugly. I might be the only one who thinks this but, imo some of the new bodies look fine, but then they have a really ugly face/expression (along with the fist) which ruins the species for me. I agree with chibi, the small changes really had impact on the pets. I'm not going to go into species, since I don't want to offend anyone who likes the converted species, but I think nearly all the special colors were ruined through the conversion. Such as faerie, plushie, pirate, grey, royal. Those colors used to have tons of personality and now they just don't.

Though one that really disappointed me was the grey uni. It used to look all mopey and full of personality, and now grey unis just look like normal unis with a bad cold. :c It was my ultimate dream pet, still is, but there's no chance of trading for one with the low price of draiks/krawks now.

Old topic but still really bugs me. I liked every species before the conversion and now only like a few. I like customization but if I had a choice I would unconvert and just use backgrounds.

I definitely agree about the royalgirl cybunny and the koi. It's one thing to try and redraw the pets so they could hold stuff, but making them have hands (or in the cybunny's case, putting only one paw up and ruining the cuteness of both up) was a bit much. Yuck. :ohno:

So many pets were cuter before!

my biggest regret, not getting a plushie cybunny before conversion, those things are so adorable! (now the ears are up, not so much)

i enjoy the backgrounds and stuff, but i still see no point in "clothing", the hats and some of the hand-helds i like but i have real difficulty picking and using clothing, especially on 4 legged pets, looks so weird.

Species not as much as COLOURS. Royal got RUINED and now i don't want a Royal pet unless it's UC. Maraquan doesn't have as nice a look to it anymore, either. And Grey.....no. Just no.

As for species.....I don't like Chias, but I certainly think converted Chias look awful. Lutaris as well actually, I don't like their new pose and huge feet. I also preferred the old Skeith pose, the new one is a bit uglier.

But.....I'm rather used to most converted species, and being an avid customiser I don't mind the poses as much. What species got IMPROVED by 2.0? The Aisha NEEDED a new look SO VERY BAD, so it's a good thing they got one. ;) Totally like the new one better - unless your talking cetrain colours like ROYAL or MARAQUAN...................................

i like the aishas, the art needed an update on the older colors, but some of the new ones are odd.

i agree with the royal and faerie comments, lost alot of the uniqueness about them. i think darigan suffered the worst in terms of drastic art changes. (see darigan aisha)

what i was not happy about was the downsizing of the baby pets, i get the baby thing, but now its so hard to see something thats half the size it was (my baby uni for example halved in image size)

i really regret converting my faerie moehog, i just didn't know why it was not turning up right and thought that would fix it (it did but i didn't realise UC were such in demand)

The Wocky was my biggest dissapointment. They altered the eyes drastically, making it look goofy and less feline-like; observe:

wocky_fire_baby.gif <-Nice, curved, cat like eyes. Good, cute paw-like feet. = 2.png

They changed it's eyes to big them bigger, I guess. And they turned it's right foot around awkwardly...it's always driven me insane.

The Koi got it badly, too. Probably because at one point, the fins were bigger and made it look somewhat elegant. When they converted it, they hated to make the fins more like hands, ruining the effect.

koi_blue_baby.gif= 2.png

The Lutari is OK, but it looks bad because it's head is now flattened.

lutari_green_baby.gif= 2.png

Blumaroos lost their personality, part of their looks was their cute heart-like feet and adorable bounce on their tail, which were both erased.

blumaroo_shadow_baby.gif= 2.png

Skeith's personality was hurt, only because I consider them somewhat lazy, and standing on four legs like a Dinosaur, so having them upright ruined that neat aspect about them:

skeith_rainbow_baby.gif = 2.png

I agree with all of this! I really miss old blumaroo. :(

Personally I think the royalgirl cybunny got it the worst:

4.png

See used to be absolutely beautiful - totally gorgeous with lots of character.

4.png

And now...just not as attractive. Same with lots of the royal and plushie and faerie colours :/ They should have just made backgrounds and foregrounds and wings and left the clothes to the paintbrushes imo. Would have made clothing a bit more special.

EDIT: and I STILL cannot get over the hand thing. Annoys me every single time. 2/3 of my pets don't have that problem but it ticks me off every time i notice hibari's silly fin all sticking up and looking dumb.

aaaand faerie pteri:

4.png

became this..

4.png

I have to agree that the faerie pteri looks less elegant after the makeover. It looked so magestic when it was soaring but the new version makes it look slightly clumsy.

Personally, I was disappointed by the change in the plushie chomby. I had initially planned to paint my chomby plushie but decided against it after the new version was unveiled. There goes my cuddly little chomby =(

chomby_plushie_baby.gif

became

2.png

Before and afters are so different! Petri.... shizz that is just SAD. D:

One of the most regrettable ones for me is the Lupe. I used to really like them, they looked like little rascals ^_^ Now they're so bulbous and strange to me. Miss the old version :(

Well, the previous Lupe in comparison to the original Lupe still looks far too puppy-like.

electriclupe.gifWhile it's easy to see the flaws in the original Lupe (ie; the HUGE dent in it's back), it's paws were far smaller and it looked a bit more prouder or Lion-like. (Which actually added to it's character.)

When they updated it after many years, they expanded it's paw making it have a somewhat puppy-like personality:

lupe_electric_baby.gifNotice that the bigger paws and the tail wagging in the back made it look less like a Wolf, more like a Wolf-cub. They also smoothed out the face more, which would normally make it look more-dog like but again, added puppy-ish qualities.

2.png<-I actually think that this update managed to sort of give back the original Lupe's qualities. The paws don't appear as large and the face structure is more swuare giving it a more mature look.