Justin Bieber: Your Opinion

Trig

So I figured we had a thread about your opinion on Rebecca Black, so why not Justin Beiber?

To be honest, my thoughts on him are similar to my thoughts on Rebecca Black...although I like him better. First off all, I think he's really cute and he seems like he's an awesome boyfriend to Selena Gomez. In terms of his music, it's not something I would ever buy a CD of and I don't really like it that much. It's definitely music for a more preteen crowd but I do think he has a good voice. I think that auto tune has ruined some of his songs but if he was given the chance to do something acoustically he could be really good at it, but unfortunately that's not what his desired audience is looking for. Also, I actually respect him as a person. I think he has put in a decent amount of work to get where he's at and he seems to appreciate his fame. He does a lot of volunteer work, especially with children.

Anyways, that's my opinion on him. Anyone else?

I can't stand his music but I do respect him as a person.

All the stuff people say about him is not needed. I've seen him do some nice things to help others. As a person, I like him. As for his music and looks? No thanks.

But it makes me so angry when people call him names and such just because they hate his music. They're usually guys and I bet they're probably jealous about how much he's accomplished.

I may not be a Bieber fan but I hope things continue to go well for him. :)

Same here, I can't stand the fact that every music video has some heated debat between bieber haters and fans. They are also always yapping about lady gaga.

I'm generally not a fan of pop-music(after the 2000's), bieber is no exception.

Justin Bieber is a nice guy and all, but I cannot stand the songs. I mean, their is really no creativity in "babybabybaby ooooooooh" played over and over again. serious headache fodder.

Justin Bieber, in my opinion doesn't have the talent it should take to be as famous as he is. Even though I don't like his music which I find unoriginal and conforming, I do respect him because he has made a huge career for himself and seems to have worked hard to get there. Having said that, you're never going to catch me listening to his music other than for the sole purpose of laughing at it :laughingsmiley:

He doesn't write his songs; they're pre-picked for him by his record company, and it's probably in his contract that he has to sing whatever they want him to sing. He is a meal ticket, and probably will be for a number of years until he suffers some sort of nervous breakdown and retires from showbiz. I feel sorry for him; he's a corporate puppet :/

EDIT: Err.. I retract that first statement XD Apprently he does write *most* of his own material (I guess so he can claim more of the profits) .... Now I feel sorry for him for different reasons, haha.

• 3 weeks later...

I think he has a great voice. His lyrics are absolutely horrible, and the music he makes (in terms of sound and beats and whatnot) is also pretty bad.

I just don't enjoy his fanbase, but I don't really like the fans of any thing/person, no matter how good that thing/person is.

The evolution of his career is bizarre simply because he was one of the first "musicians" (using the term loosely) to famous on an international level via the internet. In terms of Justin Bieber as an individual, I don't believe that he's an innately bad person. If you've ever caught him on the Ellen Degeneres show, or come across an interview else where, he seems like a genuinely good person.

As far as his talent—or lack there of—he is a product of the industry and while I personally don't believe he can sing to save his life, fame is as fame does and he's obviously found his meal ticket so we can hardly blame him for cashing in on it. You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who wouldn't do the same if they were in his position.

What I take issue with is the "Bieber Fever" phenomenon and the people who subscribed to it.

I am aware that there are male fans of his work, but when I think "Bieber Fan" I general tend to picture a thirteen-year-old girl wearing a shirt with his face on it and foaming at the mouth. The girls that consider themselves "Bieberlers" (I kid you not, it's a widely used term) tend to be on the brink of insanity.

Tweeting death threats to a celebrity's girlfriend, carving their name into your arm, and claiming you're pregnant with their child for publicity are not normal or healthy behaviors by any means.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel sort of sorry for him. He is a young kid and really doesn't know any better. Every time I go to check my email or browse a forum there is always someone cracking a joke about him or something really nasty. I think the poor kid will end up with mental problems and I really hope that doesn't become the case. He is a good entertainer and package for the demographic he is targeting, I just hope the hate train dies down.

• 1 month later...

I don't like his music and I don't like him based on what he said about abortion/rape. He said something along the lines of it sucks that people get raped but everything happens for a reason...

Oh my gosh I completely agree. Many people just blindly hated him. Personally, I didn't like him as an artist and I didn't like his screaming fan demographic, but that abortion/rape comment makes me think he's actually a horrible person or just very stupid. I read a study about why preteen girls love Justin Bieber and the boy band kind of music groups so much and the study said that it's because these boy bands look and/or sound like girls. Because they seem feminine, young girls don't feel threatened by them, and that's why they find Bieber so attractive. Lol, you don't have to believe that, just thought it was funny.

I don't like his music and I don't like him based on what he said about abortion/rape. He said something along the lines of it sucks that people get raped but everything happens for a reason...

Oh my gosh I completely agree. Many people just blindly hated him. Personally, I didn't like him as an artist and I didn't like his screaming fan demographic, but that abortion/rape comment makes me think he's actually a horrible person or just very stupid.

I've heard that he was actually misquoted -- he actually said something like "I don't know why that would be a reason", and "I'm not in a position to judge."

I honestly don't think that kid even knows what he's singing about. Probably the same story as with Britney 13 o.O years ago. Gosh I'm getting old.

I always fear that if his fame diminishes he'll end up like the Britney fiasco a few years ago. :O

Anyhoodles, I'm a JB fan I suppose. Nothing crazy, but I think the people who make it a mission to hate him can be just as irritating as his superfans. He released a new song a few weeks ago and he sounds like a man now. Drool.

Overrated, but I really like his new song, Boyfriend. He sounds so much like Justin Timberlake!

Really?

"Chillin' by the fire while we're eatin' fondue"

"Imma make you shine bright like you're layin' in the snow." <---- huh?

"Swaggie." <--- lol

Besides the weak lyrics and the whales singing in the background, the songs ehh in my opinion. I don't really like those kind of songs: songs like One Direction's What Makes You Beautiful and I guess most of JB's other songs. They seem like they're just trying to appeal to (insecure?) girls. Not that there's anything wrong with that, he makes a lot of money for it, I just feel like it extremely insincere.

certainly not a fan of his music and his persona as displayed in interviews and appearances does not appeal to me either but I think people need to chill their grill where it comes to insulting him. no-one who bags him out knows him personally and it's actually kinda pathetic to waste your time hating someone you don't even know. I pretty much feel the same way about people who are obsessed with any given celebrity. appreciating someone's talent and loving that talent and what they produce with it is OK, but when you start fangirling like crazy and acting like you go out for coffee with them every day and know the deepest parts of them and that they're pretty much your soulmate it's just.. ugh please stop

So I actually read part of that Rolling Stone interview with the comments about abortion/rape, although I definitely disagree with what he said (and he was misquoted- but it still made him sound pretty bad) I also don't think they should've been asking him those kind of questions. I mean, it definitely just set him up for a bad image. If he said he was for abortion a bunch of people were going to hate on him so he tried to take the safe route and they found some way to hate on him anyways. Personally I've listened to his song Boyfriend a few times and each time I can't believe it's him and I'm still just like "what...what is this?" Personally, I like Baby better >_>

I am not a fan of Justin Bieber at all. I understand that he's popular and quite a few of my friends like him but i just don't appreciate what he's trying to achieve with him music. Jadorablack is right, Justin Bieber and bands like One Directions are just trying to appeal to insecure girls by telling them what they want to hear. And we have no idea if they actually believe in what they're singing. I'm pretty sure 2 of the One Direction boys have girlfriends that are size 0 and completely gorgeous, so do they actually think what they write in their songs? And Justin Bieber, although his lyrics are incredible dull and repetitive, a lot of girls fall for them because they give them a small sense of hope. But why install false hope in people? Now all those friends have faith in what he's singing even though a lot of guys aren't like that. And they like him to such an extent that whenever i try to voice an opinion about why i don't like him, they snap at me and tell me not to bad mouth him because "he's amazing and his songs are so cool and he's such an inspirational singer". But i can't help but think that its fake... And totally agree about the whale noises :L.

I don't think that Justin B. should be called a singer, clearly he's an entertainer... either way kudos to him for essentially hitting the lotto....

but $ makes the world go 'round so... OMG I <3 U Beeeebeeer! lol