Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Just curious....what kinda foods do they have in your country? I'm very interested in other cultures.

Well I personally love Italian food :)

At first I must say that our main meal is lunch. Most people eat lunch from 1-4pm (depends on when they finish work). Dinner is actually more than not ''optional'' and by that I mean that for dinner not neccesarily all family eats together, but you know .. every person for itself :D (of course some families eat dinner together :)) I actually don't even eat dinner, nor breakfast.

I think we eat quite a lot of vegetables. Big gardens are a must for every house (I measured ours for school the other day and I was shocked: 350m2!) :) My favourite foods are cabagge, spinach and potatoes and in the summer tomatoe and pepper salad.

As for desserts I absolutely LOVE - doughnut. But they're not like your doughnuts but they look a bit different:

pictures%5Ccuisine%5C1%5C2008%5CTrojanskikrofi[1]_184056.jpg

And yes, those are quite big actually. Like your palm. They're usually filled with marmelade (peach) or they can be filled with vanilla pudding and covered with chocolate instead of sugar, but the first ones are more traditional. Best doughnuts are in Trojane - they're big and they just melt in your mouth :)

If you're interested in more, click this link and you'll learn everything :)

Almost forgot this specialty:

blejska-kremsnita-je-bohinjska-kremsnita.jpg

It's called kremšnita. Doesn't it look just delicious :) ?

Mint M&M's ... I didn't even knew a such thing existed!

Being a mint fan, I would like it, especially if it comes in crispy variation.

They've been gone for quite a few years. I honestly can't remember the last time I ever saw them.

I can't stand the combination of mint and chocolate personally. I think I had a doughnut and a cheese stick today. Sort of a fail on my part.

I love the combination, but the mint has to be spearmint type. (An ice cream place here, actually had peppermint pieces in their mint chocolate chip ice cream. It was nasty.)

I'm not big on fast food, but when I do get it I let my hair down and eat. Saturday I didn't have breakfast so my took me to Taco Bell. No lie, I ate a crunchwrap supreme and a soft shell taco in one sitting. Oreo milkshakes at Burger King are always a favorite. I don't care for McDonald's burgers but I love the chicken selects. And I usually pass the chicken at KFC and get potato wedges to dip in gravy and lemme tell ya, Naamah loves her some gravy lol.

EDIT: I will only eat brown gravy. White gravy is gross looking and tasting.

I'm not big on fast food, but when I do get it I let my hair down and eat. Saturday I didn't have breakfast so my took me to Taco Bell. No lie, I ate a crunchwrap supreme and a soft shell taco in one sitting. Oreo milkshakes at Burger King are always a favorite. I don't care for McDonald's burgers but I love the chicken selects. And I usually pass the chicken at KFC and get potato wedges to dip in gravy and lemme tell ya, Naamah loves her some gravy lol.

EDIT: I will only eat brown gravy. White gravy is gross looking and tasting.

Oooh, KFC's potato wedges, oh how I love eating them prepared with Jalapeno Cheese!

I like eating gravy too, but I don't eat it as often though.

Oooh, KFC's potato wedges, oh how I love eating them prepared with Jalapeno Cheese!

I like eating gravy too, but I don't eat it as often though.

Jalapenos are so good! I like jalapeno poppers, and one time I ate an entire extra cheese and jalapeno pizza all by myself. Of course I had a Gatorade or Vitamin Water of some sort in between slices.

That sounds yummy. I love eggplant (I think my Italian boyfriend has increased my love of eggplant too).

I've been sick, so I'm eating things like soup and rice and saltines and jello today.

Not exactly. It's like... I think providing a picture might help...

Gong_Cha.jpg

Ignore the one the left. As you can see (on the right one), Bubble Tea is basically COLD milk tea/tea with milk with the black things you see called 'pearls' (it's something that you can chew on and eat, and it's meant to taste nothing). And there are actually many varieties of Bubble Tea like-

I fail at explaining! :sad01_anim:

That! But now with the explanation from a compulsive Bubble Tea drinker.

It's not just cold tea - it's ICE tea. :D Meaning cold but yea. :)

You can have red tea, milk tea, green tea and one more which I forgot. I think black tea or something. All variations of tea. I believe it has roots in Taiwanese culture or something. Then you have a list of flavours - grape, honeydew, watermelon, cherry, apple, blueberry, etc. They’re mostly fruit flavours.

Choose your mixture – I STRONGLY recommend Lychee Red Tea, although milk tea can be drunk on its own. And if it’s good, it’s positively amazing. Milk Tea <3 <3 <3

Anyway. They pour out your tea, crushed ice (sometimes!), and put it into a blender, if there’s ice. If not they just put them into a cup. Then comes the “bubbles”. I don’t really know what they’re made of. :D All I know is, if they’re good – they taste a little like honey, and they’re sweet. They’re black, too. These pearls are chewy and nommy and still manage to be swallowed. The outer bit is softer, the inner bit more chewy.

After the (AWESOME SIGNATURE) pearls go in, the plastic cup goes into a machine thing that puts on a sealed lid. Then the person mixes it up and shakes it round, so the flavor gets around. The straw you use is huge, too, so the pearls can be sucked up. One pearl is about… the size of the letter o in Calibri font size 42, or smaller.

It’s heaven in a cup. :D

Explainy image:

bubble-tea.gif

Example menus:

menu.png

5366146146_67ab5bfd7f.jpg

The tea itself!

each-a-cup.jpg

(There's a fair chance this is Milk Tea. :D )

bubble-tea-inline.jpg

From a site:

You'll see people toting sealed plastic cups of rich, milky, ice cold tea, some with little black tapioca "pearls" at the bottom. They drink it all up with extra large straws, including the pearls which add a chewy textural joy. There are many flavourings -- hazelnut milk, green apple green tea or ice blended blueberry, to name a few. Milk-free versions are also available. The name "bubble" refers not to the pearls, but to the frothy foam created while shaking the drink in a cocktail mixer, although these days many of the teas are pre-mixed and come without foam.

Bubble tea shops are everywhere. Common chains include Sweet Talk, Each-A-Cup and Koi Cafe.

THERE. BUBBLE TEA. : D