Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Degrassi is a Canadian teen drama that currently airs on TeenNick in the US. It's 11 seasons long, but they never air any of the older seasons anymore. D:<

I'd say it's appropriate for your age, I started watching it when I was 12. :P

ughh, teen drama, can't stand those shows, I'll probably watch it anyway just for the heck of it... :guiltysmiley:

You know what shows I can't stand? Those Teen Mom shows. One of my best friends is a teenage mom and those shows make it to where all teen moms are white trash and have boyfriends that ditch them as soon as the baby is born. My friend is a wonderful person who gave up everything for her child, and she and her boyfriend have stuck by eachother ever since.

Sorry for the rant....

@Nahemah: I'm 10 years old.

And yeah, just by looking at commercials i can tell its not for my age. xD

No offense but I thought you'd be at least 15-16 lol. You more mature than the Senior class at my school! They're all 17-18 years old and still act like they're 8! I'm 18.

Ugh, I hate those teen mom-type shows. They glamorize teen pregnancy, and every episode is the same. Teen mom yells at deadbeat dad while the kid (usually named something like Chanel, Lexus or Bentley in an attempt to sound rich despite [usually] being dirt-poor) sits there and watches. It's stupid.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I've only seen like three episodes of that show and I do not want to see any more. :laughingsmiley:)

I watched the original Degrassi series (back when it was Degrassi Junior High) in the 1980s. The entire series is intended for teens/preteens. They've always included controversial topics that are necessary to talk about, like teen pregnancy, abuse, discrimination, etc.

I find it rather amazing and amusing that a Canadian show has such a large American following. Canadian TV usually isn't known for having mass appeal outside of Canada.

Lol, when I put my age as unknown people think im around 13 - 15. :P I like to keep it like that so I can see people's answers, it's just funny. :P

(How would that offend me? :P)

Wasn't the original series called Kids of Degrassi Street or something?

Ugh, I hate those teen mom-type shows. They glamorize teen pregnancy, and every episode is the same. Teen mom yells at deadbeat dad while the kid (usually named something like Chanel, Lexus or Bentley in an attempt to sound rich despite [usually] being dirt-poor) sits there and watches. It's stupid.

(Correct me if I'm wrong, I've only seen like three episodes of that show and I do not want to see any more. :laughingsmiley:)

From what I've experienced with my friend it's far from glamourus. Age doesn't matter for having children, bottom line. I remeber my friend telling us that age doesn't matter and a male teacher said to her "Well too bad it does" and my friend just bursted into tears an every woman in the class was very offened.

NOTE: This would be a great topic for the debate chat.

Most people I meet usually think I'm 15-18, online and offline. I actually know someone (online, of course) who thought I was like, 20. o_O

I don't really think I look 13 tbh. Of course, I've never posted a pic here so none of y'all can judge that just yet :laughingsmiley:

I actually like the Teen Mom shows in the same way I like all reality-style shows: they are fun to make fun of. A lot of the people on there are ridiculous & feel awful for the kids that are born into some of those messed up families. I know real teen moms that turned out great & certainly didn't get a deal on a TV show . . . but I do watch the shows when there's not a lot else on

what teen mom show are you talking about pyrope?

Syrin: I never got past the first 5 minutes of a teen mom show to find that out :guiltysmiley:

Oh, I like making fun of reality shows too c: especially Jersey Shore oh my god lol. Watching a whole bunch of orange toolbags wander around the Shore is actually quite entertaining. :laughingsmiley: And I like listening to their (mostly) annoying accents and making fun of how no one is actually from Jersey. :D

@48066: They're all the same. I may be talking about 16 and Pregnant or Teen Mom, I can't tell which one is which. XD

I'm not really a big of reality shows myself, no offense. Only ones I liked watching were those nanny shows like SuperNanny and Nanny 911.

Also for Teenick, I notice that they decided to re-air Hey Arnold as part as that 90's are All That block, along with Rocko's Modern Life (since Nicktoons is no longer airing it). I haven't watched Hey Arnold in ages, I'm psyched for tomorrow!

I like watching those nanny shows with my parents. They say it reminds them about how good they are at parenting compared to some of the parents featured on the show. xP

I think that the conversation we all had earlier about Degrassi and crappy reality TV was probably my favourite HOP conversation of all time because I got you all talking about Degrassi (and crappy reality TV) for a little while. Now to get you all to talk about Homestuck :D

I'm just saving my NP in general. I do want to buy a Faerie PB sometime in the near future (even though I should've bought one when they were 700-850k).

I currently have 1.75mil in the bank right now. I want to save at least 2mil before I splurge on anything else.

Only thing that I'm saving Neopoints for is a Royal Paint Brush, I want to have a Royalgirl Faerie Poogle someday.

Gosh, I am saving NPs for too much stuff, including PBs for pets that don't exist yet (meaning the color combo doesn't exist for that pet) I am definitely going to get an Ultimate Riches bank account first, then splurge & buy by PBs & things. Maybe by then the pets will exist!

All the other stuff I'm saving for are avatar items and such