Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

If I remember right, even though you got your full license at 16, there were restrictions, not as to where you could drive, but how many passengers under 18, and you weren't allowed to drive between midnight and 5/6 am unless it was for work.

Now, things are different. They have phone restrictions, like no phone calls under 18, unless it's to 911 or something like that. I don't know. I'm 26 now, so it's been awhile.

I know that the city has a rule where, if you have your permit, you can't drive between 9pm-5am, period. I think it's pretty much the same on Long Island, but I'm not so sure about that. Everywhere else in New York, if you have a permit, you can drive between the hours of 9pm and 5am, but you have to have a licensed driver over 21 with you.

Here, I don't think the permit has the time restrictions, since you had to be with an adult.

I know I drove home after midnight one night when I was 16. (I think the restrictions went until 17.) But I was heading home from baby-sitting.

They actually made it younger here, at least between my sister and I driving. When she was of driving age, you could get your permit at 15 and 3 months, if you took driver's ed. If you didn't, you had to be 15.5. And license at 16. By the time I was of driving age (nearly 3 years later) it was 15 even, with driver's ed, and 15.5 without.

Yeah,today was my first day and I got in trouble over my shirt. First it show "too much of my shoulders" and then I got asked if the Japanese lettering on it was a gang symbol! My mom wouldn't of let me out of the house if it did and was either one of those or both.

Oh and I'm wearing my Ramones shirt tommorow and I might as well getting in trouble for that because it's "Punk Rock"

:grrr:

I never really wear screened tees myself, I always wear regular T-shirts (for anything), and plain polos when I have to go to work and such. I'm no guy for fashion myself, no offense.

I finally decided what I'm going to wear on the first day. I'm also going to orientation on Thursday (mainly just because my friend is going) and I don't know what to wear to that. I was considering wearing my new jeans and snazzy black boots to orientation, but I realized I wanted to save those for the first day :P

Also, I got my schedule changed so I have lunch with my friends, and I also found out that I have math class with one of my friends!! :woot: Best. day. ever.

My best friend and I just lurked in a corner and watched like 3 kids make total tools outta themselves the first day. Nothing productive happened today, so other than my friend and I talking about things it was rather boring.

And holy heck! I made a custom character on Soul Calibur IV, she is awesome! Her weapon/fighting style is Zasamels, she looks like the Grim Reapers little sister! I have 3 other custom characters, Nahemah and two others that have inapropriate names. Oh yes and my "Lady Zasamels"s name is Doom.

I thought that I was going to job training next Wednesday, but I actually go the Monday after Labour Day. I just hoping that they give me some good jobs that I might like rather than ones I don't.

Okay, so I had orientation today. It was quite boring aside from the fact that five of my friends were there. Also, a new kid in grade 10 came and the popular girls were all like, fawning over him. That was pretty...er...amusing. :P

One of the girls was describing some of the other students to the new kid, and I heard that she called me mean en español. :| I was like what the heck I'm actually a sweetie if anyone's the mean one it's you oh yeah I actually take French but I know enough Spanish to know that you said I was mean. I didn't get to say that to her face though...

Also, my feet are killing me. I made the mistake of wearing brand new heeled shoes there and the walk home was just brutal. I think I'm feeling a blister start to form on one of my toes. :(

I never wear heeled shoes myself since I'm a guy. Only shoes I like wearing all the time are sneakers, in and out of the house for that matter.

I love wearing heels, but I rarely wear them, since I rarely dress up for anything. But I don't go for the crazy high heels.

Now, I'm pretty much all flip-flops, if it's warm enough. (And sometimes even if it isn't.)

I like wearing heeled shoes, it's just that they can be really painful at times. :S Earlier today, after I got home, I could barely walk, even without shoes on. A few hours have passed and my feet aren't bothering me as much.

Thank goodness I have two pairs of heeled boots that are more comfortable than actual heels. I also have my countless pairs of flip-flops and sneakers, and my one pair of grey Uggs. :D

By the way, I won't be on this Sunday afternoon, I'll be going to Lake Compounce. I'll return during the evening.

I was checking the schedule lineups for all the kids networks, and I noticed that The Hub decided to re-air Batman: The Animated Series weekdays at 5PM EST starting this Tuesday, as well as Goosebumps after that. 5PM's a reasonable time for me, unlike 12:30PM or 2:30PM on a weekday afternoon. :P

Yaaaay, TeenNick is airing Season 11 of Degrassi in its entirety tomorrow. I know what I'm gonna do that day. :33

In other news, I think I'll make a cake today. Just because. I also need to clean my room, but making a cake is my first priority. :P

It's actually really good. It's the only teen drama I watch that isn't cancelled. :P Most of the other teen dramas are just cheesy and unrealistic. *coughgleeifthatcountscough*

Yeah, I don't think ten-year-olds should watch Degrassi. Some of the topics covered on that show are a little, er, age-inappropriate. XD

How old are you anyway, Chibi Khaos?

OMG with my allowance I'm buying Bayonetta and Marvel vs Capcom for my PS3! Has anyone played those? My dad said Bayonetta was an okay game. I'm just excited about one of the characters in Marvel vs Capcom. Morrigan Aensland is one of my favorite video game characters.

I've never watched Degrassi. It's just never appealed to me at all.

I've played the arcade version of Marvel vs. Capcom :P I like it. :)

I've never played bayonetta but I hear it's a lot like Devil May Cry.