Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Oh geez that reminds me exactly of when I went to middle school (Which was NOT that long ago). You weren't allowed to wear ANYTHING that was remotely like shorts. My assistant principal called shorts... well I can't say the word here... but he said they were very "revealing" even if we wore shorts that came down to our knees. He would give us a week of dentition. We couldn't wear shorts AT ALL. We couldn't wear string tops or certain t-shirts, too.

so we all pretty much died during the summer days. Did I tell you that we had no air conditioning ether?

Dang, I feel sorry for you. That's just strictness on a whole other level D: I probably would've died too, even if the temperatures near the end of the school year only get to 90-95 at most.

I can kinda imagine how it would be like if I went to private school or if my public school started using uniforms. I'd probably customise the heck out of it like the Season 11 Degrassi kids do. xD

(Especially Imogen, Alli and Clare. You don't even realise they're wearing uniforms most of the time haha.)

But this isn't Degrassi, this is real life :P

Dang, I feel sorry for you. That's just strictness on a whole other level D: I probably would've died too, even if the temperatures near the end of the school year only get to 90-95 at most.

I can kinda imagine how it would be like if I went to private school or if my public school started using uniforms. I'd probably customise the heck out of it like the Season 11 Degrassi kids do. xD

(Especially Imogen, Alli and Clare. You don't even realise they're wearing uniforms most of the time haha.)

I could go on and on about how my AP was so strict... But I'm not. I'm just glad i'm in High School now, and we actually have more freedom. *Shudder*

We can't die our hair strange colors, wear anything but a maroon/white polo shirt and PANTS (no shorts whatsoever), and our shoes have to be completely closed. We can't wear boots though. Also, we can't have piercings anywhere but our ears, and if the earring is bigger than the size of a quarter you can't wear it...*thinks more*...oh, and we can only wear school approved sweaters inside the building, which is pretty much a PLAIN white or PLAIN maroon sweatshirt. Basically, if you want any form of self expression it has to be on your mandatory belt, but it can't have any gang/drug paraphernalia. Oh, and we can wear wristbands, but we couldn't in middle school.

Welcome to the world of uniforms.

That sounds like the dress code at my middle school. High school was a bit more lax, but you still couldn't wear certain t-shirts.

EDIT: Not the uniforms, the other rules. I went to public school. :yes:

Honestly, there a really good reasons for dress codes and I find most of them are really logical. While it might seem annoying to some girls not to be able to wear these really short shorts and halter/tank tops, it really doesn't make THAT much of a difference if you have shorts that are say 3 inches longer, you are not going to overheat and die. Because I mean really, I don't want to be able to see your bum when you walk or down your shirt either :angry: I'm just saying some enforced modesty in schools is definitely a good thing in my opinion.

Yeah I didn't mind it, but then again I didn't own clothes that broke the modesty rules anyways (and I live in AZ where it gets really hot). I didn't mind not seeing muffin tops or peoples bums as Wembley says.

I go to public school with all of this uniform junk. xD Apparently where you guys live uniforms are only for private schools?

The private schools around here are actually more lenient about the dress code than the public schools. x_x

I go to public school with all of this uniform junk. xD Apparently where you guys live uniforms are only for private schools?

Pretty much. I have yet to hear of a public school in my area that makes their students wear uniforms. :P

Pretty much. I have yet to hear of a public school in my area that makes their students wear uniforms. :P

Lucky you. >.>

They actually have my school uniform on neopets, if you guys want to see. xD

My elementrary schools had uniforms. Then when you hit middle school, you don't have uniforms (unless you're in private school). High schools are the same way.

For Spoilers: Click the "Other styles" drop down at the top left, and select it from the list.

Ohhhhh. That makes sense. Let me try....

did it work?

That's a little strange. I wonder why your dad would just randomly be sent a cellphone. o.0

In other strange cellphone-related news, I randomly got $20 credited towards my cellphone earlier today (for calls, texts, ringtones and whatnot). I don't know who did it (I'm certain it wasn't my parents) but chances are the person trying to credit $20 to their phone put in the wrong number. :P

Aaaaand now I'm expecting wrong-number-person to call or text and be all like "whoever you are, you owe me 20 bucks"

I'm in the process of phone shopping. Our contract is up with Verizon, so I'm trying to figure out whether to stay with them or not. (Their customer service is horrible and they're phones available are nearly as bad.)

The only phones I've ever had were no-contract phones. I had an extremely basic flip phone from December 2008-July 2010, and my current phone (from July 2010 onwards) is a LG Rumor 2.

I kinda want a Blackberry (when I get older, maybe around grade 10/11 or somethin') but a.) they're expensive, b.) there are no no-contract-plan Blackberries around and c.) even then, having to pay monthly for texting/calling/internet on it is pricey.

We've got AT&T and I love it but it definitely all depends on where you live too to determine the best cell reception. I'd ask around and see what your friends and coworkers have got in your area, it will definitely give you an idea of whether you want to change or not.

I had At&T from age 16 to 22. Then from 22 to now, Verizon. I had a Panasonic, then Nokia, then a Motorola Razr on At&t. Then with Verizon, I've had the LG Venus, and currently the LG EnV 2. We're looking into maybe the LG Optimus because T-Mobile has awesome unlimited everything, including data, plans.

My parents are against having contract phone plans. I'd only consider going on one if I really did need to call/text a lot or the phone I really, really want was only available on a contract phone plan. (I'd have to pay for the plan myself though, so it'd probably be best if I got a job if I wanted another phone.)

For now I love my LG Rumor 2 ^_^ It has a lot of stickers on the back, which is probably the biggest reason why I love it so much.