Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ouch ouch ouch I'm wincing just reading that :worried:

I'm gonna go get some food...I was pretty stupid today and wore my barefoot shoes on a long walk that took me all around town, and up a huge hill. I feel a bit faint right now, a combination of forgetting to eat lunch, and wearing the shoes too long when the guy said to take them easy :P

Are those the shoes with the individual toes?

And passing out is not good. I've come close a bunch of times these past few weeks actually. Very strange experiences. I guess I should get used to it though seeing as how its started happening at least once a week. <_<

No, they're not five-fingers, but it's the same idea. They're made by Merrell, and I already feel like my posture has improved from wearing them - they're supposed to allow the feet to assume a more natural position for walking. I love them, but they're a little tough on the calves since they really work your muscles.

Oh no!!! That's not good, have you seen a doctor about that? :ohno:

Meh, not yet. It's not really that big of a concern for me because it is technically one of the side effects of my medication and it also happens as a precursor to the migraines I get so its not really unexplained its just slightly annoying. And I've never passed all the way out. Its more like it happens relatively slowly and I get all tunnel visiony and I just quick sit down or close my eyes so I don't completely pass out/fall over.

The concept of those shoes sound awesome but I'm not sure I'd be able to take it, I hardly ever wear shoes anyway. As soon as I walk in anyone/my house the shoes come right off and now that its summer its even easier because with flip flops I can take them off everywhere. Even restaurants and the car :whistle:

Geez, that sounds terrifying. But as long as there's a reason, and it's not completely out of nowhere, that's not as worrisome then. Still sounds scary though :/

It's pretty intense. Feels like wearing water-shoes, and it's practically like going barefoot, but there's an extra layer of cushioning. I really like the effects thus far :D

I'll have to try some of those kind of shoes out some day. They have those shoes that are supposed to feel like sandals that I want to try some day too but they are super expensive. There is no way I am paying 60 bucks for a pair of sandal-shoes <_< I haven't been able to find those any where other than the surf shop though so I know that's part of the problem. Maybe one day I'll be able to find them on sale somewhere, I can dream 0:)

Sandal-shoes? What's that? How does that work? o_O

I love my Land's End sandals but they're falling apart lol.

I rarely ever wear sandals, but I almost always wear my Teva flip-flops during the summer. I've had one pair for 3 or 4 years- I'm almost about to outgrow them, but they're just as good as when I first got 'em. :D

I also got two newer pairs that will hopefully last me just as long, or even longer. :)

I've been on a bit of a shoes kick lately - got a pair of wedges for $10 and gladiator sandals for $15

Unfortunately, the gladiator shoes are a bit too big for me, but they look cool xD Although, now that I have the barefoot shoes, I'm not really wearing other shoes too much. (except my sandals and regular sneakers, when my calves get too sore :laughingsmiley: )

I rarely ever wear sandals, but I almost always wear my Teva flip-flops during the summer. I've had one pair for 3 or 4 years- I'm almost about to outgrow them, but they're just as good as when I first got 'em. :D

I also got two newer pairs that will hopefully last me just as long, or even longer. :)

Yes! My Teva flip-flops (or any of my tons of pairs of Teva sandals) are pretty much the only thing I wear during the summer. The flip-flops are my favorite. They're a cool criss-cross strap design and I got one of each color available, since there were only 3. I've had them for about 5 years now. They show hardly any wear and they're insanely comfortable (I wore one pair about 12 hours a day, every day for almost 2 weeks, several of the days walking about 7-10 miles a day, and I never had any pain or had anywhere rubbed by them.)

My regular pair of Teva sandals, I've had for at least... probably 10-12 years. (My feet have been the same size since I was about 13-14) They were my first pair of the nylon strapped ones. (Navy plaid. I always wear them to water parks.) Same thing, nearly perfect condition. I actually just wore them yesterday.

My cousin bought barefoot shoes a while ago. He said he got them because everyone in his school was wearing them. They really hurt his feet though. :/

They do hurt at first, and feel weird, because they change your feet to a more natural position than we're used to. It can take about 4 months to get used to running in them. My arches, which are really high, have lowered a significant amount since I started wearing them. So it's not something you should just get on a fad. It fixes the damage that other shoes do to your feet ;)

Yes! My Teva flip-flops (or any of my tons of pairs of Teva sandals) are pretty much the only thing I wear during the summer. The flip-flops are my favorite. They're a cool criss-cross strap design and I got one of each color available, since there were only 3. I've had them for about 5 years now. They show hardly any wear and they're insanely comfortable (I wore one pair about 12 hours a day, every day for almost 2 weeks, several of the days walking about 7-10 miles a day, and I never had any pain or had anywhere rubbed by them.)

My regular pair of Teva sandals, I've had for at least... probably 10-12 years. (My feet have been the same size since I was about 13-14) They were my first pair of the nylon strapped ones. (Navy plaid. I always wear them to water parks.) Same thing, nearly perfect condition. I actually just wore them yesterday.

I've actually never tried the criss-cross strap ones before, but I saw a few at an Ugg outlet store in a clearance bin. That was where I got my most recent 2 pairs of flip-flops.

My oldest pair has pink straps with flowers on it. One of my newer pairs is green/blue/yellow/white/red striped and the other newer pair (my favourite) has straps that has a design similar to a bottle of Arizona Green Tea. I'm pretty sure that's why I picked that pair out in favor of some of the other striped/flowery ones c:

Also, I finally found a red baseball shirt for five bucks at Modell's! :woot: That totally made my day and I'm wearing it right now :D

The criss-cross straps are my favorites. Regular flip-flops, I have a harder time keeping on and walking in easily. The ones with the crossed straps stay on easily.

My criss-cross ones are pure black, then a wavy design of pink/orange, and blue/green. With the regular strap on ones, I have tons of different ones navy/blue flowers, purple/purple flowers, black, navy plaid, then the same style but black, tan, and dark brown suede. I've been wearing Teva sandals for a long, long time.

I got my first pair of "regular" flip-flops recently - they're so hard to walk in!! I don't really get why everyone says they're so comfortable - it's like getting rocks between your toes, except you're not supposed to get rid of this one :rolleyes_anim: I think I'll just use them for shower sandals when i get back to school :P

The rubber/plastic flip flops are horrible. I have a couple pairs, but I rarely wear them. The ones I wear a lot, the straps are fabric, and generally, the ones I wear, just has a separate strap that goes over the big toe, in addition to the straps over the top of the foot. Those are super comfortable.

Yeah, I have some plastic/rubber flip-flops in my closet...they really aren't as good as Tevas. Plus, they're way too slippery even when your feet or the shoes aren't even wet. :S

Just one of the many reasons why I rarely ever wear plastic/rubber flip-flops, even to the pool or to the beach...

I rarely wear anything other than my Tevas during the summer.

Haha I'm pretty much the same XD

If I'm not wearing my Tevas then I'm wearing my black Converse shoes...or I'm barefoot. Including that pair, I have five pairs of Converse shoes. I do want to get some red ones and some gray ones to add onto my collection. :D

I think I broke my toe today again sadly :sad01_anim: I was walking barefoot as usual and kicked a stupid box in the living room and little toe got caught on the edge and I kind of fell, in essence ripping my toe away from my foot. Ouchie. This would probably tell most people to start wearing something on my feet but where's the fun in that?

Side note, I've never heard of Teva before but I just looked them up and they have some pretty cool options, pricy options but nice. Maybe I'm just too cheap, I feel bad spending more than 30 bucks max on a pair of shoes/sandals.

They are more expensive, but definitely worth it. Like my first pair, we probably paid maybe $40 for them. I've had them for over 10 years, and worn them hundreds and hundreds of times. They really last incredibly well.

@Wembly: :( That sucks, I hope you feel better soon!

Tevas aren't that expensive unless you find them on sale (obviously). Sierra Trading Post (a catalog) sells them, and I found some at an Ugg outlet store before, $10 a pair.

They're worth every cent no matter what you pay for them ;)

I just found a site called "Dragoart",its a site for tutorials on drawing!

Here what i'm currently drawing:

1.http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/8886/1/1/how-to-draw-an-anime-face,-anime-face.htm

2.http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/6034/1/1/how-to-draw-an-easy-fox.htm + http://www.dragoart.com/sl/tuts/3776/1/1/how-to-draw-dragon-wings.htm (JUST FINSH IT,I'LL SEND YOU A PIC SOON)

3.http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/8871/1/1/how-to-draw-cincinno,-cincinno.htm

I <3 DRAWING!

Dragoart has well-done tutorials. I've had a bit of an art block recently, but I remember I liked the way they did their steps. :D