Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

XD Oh my gosh, that made me laugh so hard. xD

I had a journal from like 2nd to third grade, but i lost it. I'm gonna see if i can find it.

Wow, i found it. I had really embarrasing stuff in there. O.O

All in favor of me posting something, say Aye. :P

Haha that sounds adorable!! :D I wonder where my 5th grade yearbook went off to...It's kinda funny to look through old pictures, because i really haven't changed at all :laughingsmiley:

No wonder people think i'm 12 :P

@Manta: The journal entry is quite interesting and it did make me laugh :P

I haven't been able to keep a journal until recently. My journal entries usually consist of:

• omg to kill a mockingbird is soooooo boring!!!
  • today has been a boring day
  • my love for Neopets
  • it sucks being smart!!!!!
  • my love for jelly beans
  • RAEG
  • school-related rants
  • sloppy, unreadable cursive handwriting

Now I just wanna dig up an old notebook and post some random drawings or excerpts from stories I made up when I was 9, 10 or 11. :3

On a somewhat-related note, I recently found my 3rd and 4th grade yearbooks...it's interesting to see how different my classmates looked back then xD

I don't even want to think how nostalgia-attacked I'd be if I were...say, a senior in HS and I found my 3rd, 4th and 8th grade yearbooks... :sad02:

I think that my journal consists of 75% general rage and 25% happy stuff. And I just started it last week. :P

Okay, I think I will post some old drawings or something sometime later today (since it's past midnight here) if I remember to do so and if I feel like it.

Now, I'm going to (try) and catch up on some of my summer homework. Good night anyone and everyone :3

Oh my goodness I even have everyone's review of The Nutcracker from 1st grade. ;v; Looking through old stuff is so fun.

I used to keep a journal too, but eventually I tossed it out. It was basically me complaining or me complaining about me complaining. :laughingsmiley:

I keep a dream journal now because I get some really weird dreams. '_' It's also really fun. You all should try it!

Manta- People tend to mistake my mom and I for being younger too. I think it's good. You'll be in your 40s and people will be mistaking you for a college student!

edit: That's a good idea! Maybe I should take pictures of some old stuff too. Goodnight! :-)

I originally had to read "Catherine Called Birdy". June passed the whole book and essay. Now My mom got an e-mail from one of my friends's mom, and she says to look at the books.

I looked at it, and the entire page had been re-done. O.o (well, only students entering middle school and high school for the first time have to do essays) Meaning every book that everyone entering X grade had to read was changed. :[

Not only that, all EIGHTY-SIX COPIES of the book in my local library are sold out already. -__-;

The new book is called "Flush." -_-

I LOVE CATHERINE CALLED BIRDY!!! :O Oh man, I used to read that book over and over! So good! :D

Haha yeah, i'm hoping I'll be able to fool everyone when i'm in my 40s. I can go win money or stuffed animals at one of those guess-your-age things. :laughingsmiley:

I never thought I'd be a "Booky Becky" until I read The Dark Is Rising. I'm an on and off reader but that series is my favorite. Mangas will always be my field though(yay for rediscovered love!)

I need to keep reading. One of my goals for the upcoming school year is to read more scientific literature and read less fantasy fiction...after all, I've read most of my books several times over :laughingsmiley:

BTW, do any of you watch Sherlock? omg i'm obsessed with benedict cumberbatch :wub_anim:

just watched the first episode!! :D

I need to find more time to read for pleasure (and for schoolwork, mainly). Most of my summer has been spent derping around here, as well as on Neopets and tumblr and that needs to change. :S

In other words, I've been procrastinating too much and it's finally caught up to me. I'm only about 40 pages into a 200something-page book and 59 pages into a 300something-page book. And it's almost August...the middle of the summer. D:

I also haven't started doing another assignment (which involves collecting 12 articles and writing summaries for each of them) and I'm just slowly picking at another assignment. :/

I just took a ride on the Amtrak & its the first time all summer I've really been able to read. So my recommendation is take a trip or go somewhere you can't be distracted & just read :)

I read too much. I say too much, because I'm constantly running out of things to read. I find a new author I enjoy, and read everything they've ever written. Then I'm stuck trying to find another new author. I usually read a book, if it's good, in about one day.

I can rarely ever find anything appealing for me to read lately. If there's something that appeals to me (just by reading a summary) it is usually not at the library or there are very few copies of it at the bookstore.

However, there are those rare instances where I find something appealing and it hasn't been checked out of the library :)

I need book recommendations. :laughingsmiley:

What kind of books do you enjoy? I prefer legal thrillers, like John Grisham. And adventure types like Clive Cussler.

My more highly recommended authors/series are:

John Grisham

Clive Cussler (My favorite is the Dirk Pitt series, but he has 5 series, I think.)

Matthew Reilly (Jack West Jr series) (Adventure)

James Rollins (Sigma Series, but all are good) (Adventure)

Andy McDermott (Adventure)

Steve Martini (Paul Madriani series) (Legal Thriller)

I like crime novels, fantasy, realistic fiction and in some cases, young adult novels. (I usually won't bother reading a YA novel unless it's dramatic/gritty or fantasy.)

I don't really like nonfiction unless the book is on a topic that interests me. The only nonfiction book I ever enjoyed was about music censorship. I read that mainly because I was doing a research paper, but because the topic (and the book) interested me so much I read it cover-to-cover :P

Also, don't bother recommending any romance novels unless you think it'll convince me to like the genre. XD

I don't read romance novels, or science fiction. Fantasy wise, all I've really read was the Game of Thrones series. (Well, I've read the first book, still waiting on the rest.)

If legal falls under crime, I think you'd like Lisa Scottoline (She is a semi-acquired taste. My husband isn't big into legal thrillers, and doesn't like her. I love both.) and definitely John Grisham. Steve Martini and Brad Meltzer are good crime/legal thrillers, as well as "Color of Law" by Mark Gimenez. That's one of my top favorite books ever.

The Pelican Brief was okay. My favorite of his was The Broker and the Street Lawyer. Those were awesome. But all of his are amazing, especially the newer ones. I actually considered going into law after reading his books. (I had to read The Runaway Jury for my Law and Order class in HS, and within a year, I'd read everything he'd written.)