Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Oh cool! :D Maybe there's hope for my future after all :)

Although I assume I'm gonna have to go to grad school for herpetology to do that... :laughingsmiley:

We could use all the help we can get. :)

The history here is pretty cool - with the Panama canal and all. And there are a lot of American influences. For instance, they use retired US schoolbuses for the public bus system.

Oh and these lizards are very friendly and harmless (well maybe not friendly... they don't exactly like to get caught, but they are pretty harmless). It's funny because they try to bite you, but most species are small, and it does hurt at all. (It doesn't hurt when the bigger species bite you - it's just like someone gnawing on you with their gums).

and yeah, you might have to go to grad school for herpetology. or you could apply for a fellowship with the smithsonian in Panama. there are lots of frog people here. I could recommend a few good herp profs...

Ah, that would be awesome!! I'm going to be a junior this fall, so I need to start looking for internship opportunities in my field.

Not even joking, can I come down there later in July and help out? :O

Well, I'm definitely going to apply for next year! Guess I need to do some lizard research over the school year first...

Maybe I'm not a waste of space after all ^_^

I don't plan on working, I'm just gonna live off my disability money. I wanted to go into retail but I'm not good at anything other than Neopets. I CANNOT believe I'm going to be in Life Skills. Those kids do nothing but smell rotten, lick their lips, and cry when you won't hug them. I know I'm coming off as mean and nasty right now, but I'm absolutley done with everybody in my life. My mom doesn't give a crap, my brother is a smart aleck, my therepast is well....I'm not gonna go there, my dad is a "Man of thought not man of emotion" as he says, and I'm done with everyone. The only thing I'm good at is taking care of my Neopets.

I'm not the biggest fan of lizards, but we do have a lot of little frogs outside my house, especially when it rains. I think this is because we're in the country & I keep worrying that I'm going to step on one of them since they blend into the ground so well!

Life sucks, and is pointless, so just have fun doing what you do. No reason to hate on people/things, they're only going to last until they die or the sun turns into a red giant :P

I love most animals xD But I can't have any pets, which is why I play Neopets :D Besides, I can't have a pet dragon IRL anyway :laughingsmiley:

*eats cake* Mm, that reminds me, once I finish eating this rice pudding, i need to bake myself a cake.

Any suggestions for what cake I should bake? :D

Yay! Thanks :D

And Manta, I only have my cat, Cairo. (He's in my profile picture.) Growing up, my sister and I weren't allowed to have pets because of allergies. My dad and I were allergic to dogs, and my sister was allergic to cats. Then due to my dust allergies, birds were out, as were fish and such because of my mold allergies. :laughingsmiley:

Yum! Cake! *gobbles it happily* I exercised this morning, so I guess I can afford some cake.

& I can't have a pet IRL either, at least not right now. My husband & I are still in college & even though he makes a good amount, a pet's just not in the cards right now (plus he has a mild cat allergy & I adore cats :sad02: ) But for now, I'll just love my Neopets as though they were IRL pets

& I can't get a Kougra as a real pet. heh-heh

EDIT: Manta, chocolate cake is always good. Or funfetti cake with strawberry frosting!

My husband wants to get a cat and a dog at some point. (My parents have my cat and my mom won't give him back.) I'm good with the cat thing, but no dogs. I'm totally not a dog person. (Plus I'm allergic.)

My mom's either allergic to, scared of, or doesn't want to take care of the pets I want. And I'm not allowed to have pets in my dorm, although most of my friends do anyway :rolleyes_anim:

Any of you guys have good recipes? I have plenty of eggs/milk/butter/sugar/flour/vanilla, so i've got the basics covered.

Does anyone else clash with the people they work with? What's really hard is that I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my family that's an Atheist. I'm probably the only Atheist besides one other person I know, in my life.

I do. I don't do well with a couple co-workers. (I'm rarely on-shift at the same time though.) When I am, I just mind my own business and make sure I have headphones, and they'll generally leave me alone.

When I did work, I always clashed with my fellow employees. Usually it was about politics more than religion. Of course, most of the people I worked with were Agnostic, as I was at the time, so we agreed on that anyway.

I hate, being a Christian myself, when others get mad at people who don't believe in God. It's your right to believe what you want & no one should try to force you to think differently or argue you with you about it.

Sorry you have to deal with such aggravating people, starlite (whoops, I meant Succubus Princess. Forgot that you changed it.)