Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

I wake up really easily, which I think comes from years of conditioning myself to jump out of bed and get ready ten minutes before school. :P

Which can be both a good thing and a bad thing... xD

I've gotten used to getting ready quick, because I like sleeping as much as possible. I used to wake up at 7:10 to leave my apartment for work at 7:20. Now, I wake up with 50 minutes, but most of that is spent badgering my husband to wake up. (He's a total night person. He'd rather be up at night, and sleep during the day.)

I actually arise at 8:00 AM EST on weekdays for work. I do sleep at 3:00 PM EST and wake up in the night myself.

When I have to teach, I tend to wake up at 7:30. Almost all of the schools in my city start at 9:00 (a couple start at 8:45 and one starts at 9:15), so depending on how far I have to drive, I have anywhere from half an hour to an hour to get ready for work and mess around on the internet.

Summer is a different story entirely. Last summer, I was sharing a vehicle with the wildlife biologist (I'm a plant biologist), and we had to be to our work site by sunrise for her to do bird surveys. So I would have to wake up as early as 4:30 or 5:00 am, some days, so that we could drive 100+ km (60 miles) into the middle of nowhere by the time the sun came up. But, if I'm working with my boss (another botanist), she doesn't like mornings (neither do I), so she doesn't want to start work before 9 or 10 am.

Most of my classes start at 10 :P Except for 8AM lab, so i need to be up at 7 for that :laughingsmiley:

I love choosing my own schedule :)

Had an extremely interesting day... o.o'

How was everyone else's day?

I leave for school at 7, usually get there around 7:10, and class starts at 7:24.

I wake up at 6 to get ready, but more importantly get on TDN. :P

And I usually hang out with friends during that time before school starts.

My bus comes at 7:40 too, yet I get up at six. Mainly because I come on TDN then too. :)

:laughingsmiley: I used to wake up early and then go on TDN, but then I got too lazy...a growing girl needs her sleep!

Had an extremely interesting day... o.o'

How was everyone else's day?

What day of yours isnt interesting? XD

Mine was quite interesting as well...:shiftyeyes_anim: Lets just say...the hoax worked! :evil:

Well, most of it was spent a the park.

... With that human sized hamster ball mentioned previously. xD

Oh and I found out that trying to hop through and over a crowd of people because someone said "Ryan, come here" is not a good way to get through, and will likely get you kicked out of the library. It was alot of fun though. xD

I wake up as late as I can, to still make it where I'm going.

Will, my HS started at 7am originally. (Though I had a 1st period study hall that I got exempt from so I didn't have to show up until 2nd period at 7:45.) But when the district decided kids needed more sleep, they bumped it to 7:45 for 1st period. (Of course, after I was out of HS.)

i hated the sound of my alarm clock so much now whenever i set it i naturally wake up about half an hour before it goes off...sort of..more like i wake up about once an hour thinking DID I MISS THE ALARM..then look at the clock and think "just sleep until the alarm." but it never happens =/

:laughingsmiley: I'm the exact same way. I dread waking to the alarm so much, that body starts making me up either right before it goes off with just enough time to turn it off, or I start waking every 15-30 minutes up until it's about to go off, when I just shut it off and get up.

Wow, 7? And I thought my school was bad x_x

Haha yeah, I hate when that happens. I wake up thinking I missed the alarm when I didn't, and then I'm too panicked to actually go back to sleep :laughingsmiley:

I've never been much of a morning person, so HS was a nightmare for me. It was still rough in the beginning, just having to be there at 7:45. But I was spoiled, when I was 6, there were 2 kindergarten classes, AM and PM. I got PM. Then grade school didn't start until 9:15. I think middle school was 8 or 8:30.

Yeah, my high school started at like 710 or something weird like that. The bus came at around 620. When I got a car we left at like 640 which I am very thankful I no longer have to do. It is incredibly hard to focus while driving that early, well maybe just for me who hates driving anyway.

Ooh I do not miss getting up for classes. Used to have to be out the door and in the car by 7:30 in order to make it to my 8:15 classes. Now, even getting up ay 8 to get to work for 9 is hard. I'm a total night person, and I always have been...so I'm not sure how I ever did that lol.

I'm a total night person, and I always have been...so I'm not sure how I ever did that lol.

i've found that my sleep cycle has shifted definitely towards the staying up all night side of things...it's weird xD I could never stay up past 11pm a year ago, and now i'm hitting 3-4am no problem :P

Anybody else find this is the case? :D

If I were left to my own devices, I would probably be about five hours off from the expected sleep cycle. I'd go to bed at 3-4 AM, and wake up 11-noon. I just do my best thinking in the twilight hours. Mornings are just a waste of awakeness for me.

i've found that my sleep cycle has shifted definitely towards the staying up all night side of things...it's weird xD I could never stay up past 11pm a year ago, and now i'm hitting 3-4am no problem :P

Anybody else find this is the case? :D

I did the opposite. I used to be a total night person, I'd stay up until 5-7am, then sleep later into the day. Then, it was so I could never sleep if I went to bed before 10-11. (Which was annoying when I had to be up by 7 for work.) And now, I'm so tired from work, I often fall asleep if I lay down when I get home at 7:30. :laughingsmiley:

My husband is a night person though. Often he can't sleep, so I go to bed and he either lays and reads with flashlight, or stays in the dining room with his computer until 4-6am or not sleeping at all. He got lucky though... my company just offered him a night shift job, so he'll get to stay up at night at work, and sleeping during the day (while I'm at work) just how he likes to.