Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Well I'll be hoping that they make it.

And I can still sleep at night that they made it as far as they did, unlike a certain team that shares the same name as the St. Louis baseball team. ;)

As you should be.

And quarterbacks of other teams don't send pics of themselves to our staff. Just sayin'

Mkay now you're pushing it. You seem simply jealous that the Cardnials didn't make it.

Tbh i'm really not a fan of the Cardinals this year. My teams this year are the Eagles and the Bears.

Yay for Eagles! *high fives* The Eagles that pathetically failed. *sigh* <_<

For the record, I'm completely lost. :P Then again, the only sport I'm actually familiar with is StarCraft, so... xD

Yes Ryan, StarCraft is a top e-sport. :yes: There are plenty of professional StarCraft players who make a living off tournament money.

Incidentally, you may want to look into LibreOffice as a replacement for Microsoft Word, at least until your dad gets round to answering your bugging. :P

Incidentally, you may want to look into LibreOffice as a replacement for Microsoft Word, at least until your dad gets round to answering your bugging. :P

How does it compare to OpenOffice? I'm thoroughly frustrated by the amount of bloat in OpenOffice now. It's become so cumbersome, slow, and bloated now that I can't stand to use it anymore, but I need office software that is compatible with MS Office.

Well, OpenOffice did actually improve greatly in terms of performance with version 3.3 (although that's not saying much, considering how heavyweight it was in the first place), so you may want to give it another shot. That said, the user interface is still horrible. xD

I suppose you know this already, but just to clarify for everyone else: LibreOffice is essentially the successor to OpenOffice. When Oracle took over Sun Microsystems (the company that owned OpenOffice), they killed off OpenSolaris (open source operating system) and did a whole lot of other crap that basically showed they cared nothing about the open source projects now in their charge. As a result, all the core OpenOffice developers forked the project and created LibreOffice (one nice thing about free and open source projects - you can always break away if you have to). Pretty much all the open source developers that used to work with Sun have left Oracle now, from all of their projects.

One thing to note about OpenOffice is that Sun was never very good at handling all the work done by the open source community, meaning that there was a VAST amount of work that was just sitting on the sidelines, completed and waiting to get merged into OpenOffice. All this work is now being merged into LibreOffice, so I have high hopes for the project - it should be a major improvement.

Well, I really hope to see some major improvements. Back in the days of OpenOffice 1, it was the most amazing piece of office software I had ever used. It was small, efficient, and quick. Now I'm so frustrated with it's performance that I would almost rather use MS Office. It takes more than a minute for a document to save, and if I happen to be doing something when it decides to autosave, it crashes the program, and I lose all my work anyway.

Oh dear. That does kinda suck. o_O I'm still running OpenOffice 3.3 at the moment (I'll be switching to LibreOffice with the next Fedora version), and oddly enough it actually seems to handle fairly well...

Hmm... if that's the case, perhaps OpenOffice suffers from the same problematic extensions issue as Firefox? Or more likely (since I've experienced this in the past) it has trouble handling heavier, more complex documents. In either case, I'm sure the underlying engine rewrites LibreOffice has planned will impact the situation somewhat. :yes:

Starcraft is a sport? xD

Starcraft is a virtual sport.

Yes Ryan, StarCraft is a top e-sport. :yes: There are plenty of professional StarCraft players who make a living off tournament money.

If only people did that with Mario Kart. Or Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Or Modern Warfare 2, wait....THEY DO!

Blek :sick01: can we not talk about football again for a while, at least until next weekend when the games are on again, pretty please :whistle:

So...in the interest of changing the subject...I'm hoping to make scallops for dinner...

Subject Change!

Scallops...like seafood? I always forget what kind of seafood that is exactly...

The only thing I can think of is scalloped potatoes. Which I'm pretty sure is something completely different... :laughingsmiley: