Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

ME! I've always wanted to go to Times Sqaure for New Years eve.

I realize we're well past this but I really feel the need to back to this and just tell you not to do it. Seriously, just cross it off your list of things to do in life.

Don't. It's wayyyyyyyy too crowded. You'll get trampled.

Agreed. Most definitely.

It's ridiculous! Then you're penned in like cattle and you just stand there in the freezing cold and you can't move and there's no where to go to the bathroom because what's that? You can't move!

I'm sane then :P

My new years will probably be very boring though

My new year's will be... i dunno, I keep losing friends and keep getting picked on... life would be easier if everybody was just nice and never teased anyone or anything for any reason..

I realize we're well past this but I really feel the need to back to this and just tell you not to do it. Seriously, just cross it off your list of things to do in life.

Agreed. Most definitely.

It's ridiculous! Then you're penned in like cattle and you just stand there in the freezing cold and you can't move and there's no where to go to the bathroom because what's that? You can't move!

Oh god, I second this. Don't do it. Ever, ever, ever. Times Square on a normal day is pretty ridiculous, (but that's just because I LOATHE helpless, confused tourists) but on New Year's Eve it's a death sentence.

Stay home! Drink hot apple cider! Stay far far awaaaaay.

But since you live in NJ, you are a tourist. A tourist is anyone that visits the city that doesn't live in it.

I only hate the tourists when they refer to us as "Lousy, rude, disgusting New Yorkers" or anything that involves a New Yorker stereotype. If they are confused, I don't blame them too much since it's a huge city.

It's true. Fortunately, they removed most of the streets in Times Square, so people can have some more walking room, and so people can actually take a chair and watch the news on one of the giant screens above.

I remember when Ozzy Osbourne performed in Times Square on top of the Hard Rock Cafe during the launch of a Madden NFL game. I forgot which one, I think Madden 07. My little brother nearly got lost in the crowd.

Oh god, I second this. Don't do it. Ever, ever, ever. Times Square on a normal day is pretty ridiculous, (but that's just because I LOATHE helpless, confused tourists) but on New Year's Eve it's a death sentence.

Stay home! Drink hot apple cider! Stay far far awaaaaay.

haha, I live on the other side of the country (never been to NY), but I would have to agree - I like your comment! Where are the bathrooms? :laughingsmiley:

Cider is awesome. I like being at home, warm, drinking cider or cocoa. :yes:

But since you live in NJ, you are a tourist. A tourist is anyone that visits the city that doesn't live in it.

Haha, this is true. But I think I visit enough to get an "honorary member" badge.

Mostly, I was just thinking of my aunt from Florida. We took her to Times Square recently and I have never seen anyone walk SO SLOW before, creating foot traffic jams every five seconds. She constantly kept shouting, "ONLY IN THE BIG APPLE" and "Oh I hope no terror attacks happen!"

It was terribly uncomfortable!

Apple cider is the bestttt thing on earth.

People here often go to the beach or generally spend their Christmases at home.

New Years Eve, well, not many that I know of truly celebrate. They do have countdowns on huge screens in the large areas though.

Haha, this is true. But I think I visit enough to get an "honorary member" badge.

Mostly, I was just thinking of my aunt from Florida. We took her to Times Square recently and I have never seen anyone walk SO SLOW before, creating foot traffic jams every five seconds. She constantly kept shouting, "ONLY IN THE BIG APPLE" and "Oh I hope no terror attacks happen!"

It was terribly uncomfortable!

Nah, you would just get the Experienced Tourist Package, which earns you a bit more respect.

She's stereotypical. But it's true about the foot traffic jams. If I had a nickel for every time I missed the train because someone ahead of me was walking too slow.

For some reason there are some New Yorkers that hate the name "Big Apple". Don't ask me why.

And I gotta wonder how many people she pissed off about the terror attacks. Odds are that at least someone was near her that actually lost someone on that day.

And what if attacks happened in Florida? She wouldn't like it if I was visiting and I said "My god, I hope nobody gives us the tactical nuke!"

And what if attacks happened in Florida? She wouldn't like it if I was visiting and I said "My god, I hope nobody gives us the tactical nuke!"

I just choked on some apple juice and now my nose burns, hah.

Glad to be of service Quark.

I once fell asleep watching Youtube videos. I had it on a playlist. A loud noise happened in one of the videos and I woke up and karate chopped the wall for some apparent reason.

The tactical nuke think made me lol. xD

You and CAV need to meet around New Years then.

I don't care who, I just want SOMEONE from the trios to meet already. Then we can begin plotting. Then i'll know atleast 2 of you aren't creepers. :P Just cause we say we should all the time but never do.