Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Are you in either of them? I definitely don't participate. It was with much urging that I decided to do Ultimate Frisbee this year (although it's a club sport, so it doesn't exactly count), usually I just sit at home and play whatever computer game I'm into.

Edit: This avatar suits my personality perfectly

<----

I have a complete lack of musical and social competence, so I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :P But my university doesn't really have a band or an orchestra, although we do have a drama club.

Well, we did have a sports carnival of some sort a few weeks back. I'm not sure exactly what it consisted of - all I remember was sitting by the window in the library trying to untangle a mess of assembly code and get it to run while a large crowd of people engaged in a lot of screaming outside. xD

Alto Sax, Piano, and recorder! I don't play piano and recorder as much, but I still know how :P

Alothough I really wanna learn to play my Acoustic Guitar I got for me birthday and learn to play Tenor Sax in band :rock:

I play the keyboard. The computer keyboard. :P And I can hum.

Seriously though, I have next to zero musical talent. Although I could still probably manage a basic tune or two on the piano.

Oh, nothing. :P

Incidentally, it looks like you and Spritzie came online at almost exactly the same time... xD

Heh, that reminds me of an awesome Dinosaur Comic... lemme dig that one up. Ah, here it is. So basically we're all using telepathy with our giant brains right now. xD

Wait... they filter out Dinosaur Comics? o_O It's not *that* addictive.

Well then, lemme try a quick bypass trick:

comic2-1865.png

Oh yes, xkcd! :D I'm so much of a geek that I will assert that the correct spelling of xkcd is in lowercase. :P

I hope I'll be able to get xkcd Book 0 sometime. :yes:

xD xD It's weird because I'm normally so bad with names. I guess I'm just too used to working with Linux filesystems, where file/directory names are case sensitive.

Haha, no Spritzie, that play has been done with for a while. It went well. ^_^ This one is about a blossoming romance between two children in a school for the mentally unwell - one is OCD and obsessed with clocks and can't be touched, the other has split-personality disorder and adolescent schizophrenia. When performed right (which I don't mind admitting, we really aren't right now) it's quite touching. I have a really good role in it too. I think I have 5th most lines? And it's a decently large cast, so that's saying something.

I forgot about that! I remember you telling me about that forever ago. Are you looking forward to it?

But yeah, Band is basically the runaway shelter for us geeks -runsaway- *giggle* :D

I am offended! Okay. I'm not. I have to agree with that statement.

Do you have sports teams of any kind? Sports events are where bands are most often used. (Aside from competitions and occasional concerts.)

That's actually why I quit band in HS. Every band memeber, even those in the Jazz Band, had to march and be at every.single.football.game. I refused. I hate football. :whistle:

Speaking of bands and stuff, what does everybody play as an instrument?

I play flute, piccolo, and tenor sax, mainly. I've dabbled in a couple of the other saxophones.

Incidentally, it looks like you and Spritzie came online at almost exactly the same time... xD

And what's so awesome about that... it totally wasn't planned. :yes:

Of course! We're twins. We share brainwaves like that. :yes:

See? What she said. We don't plan. It just happens. :yes: