Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Ah, video games. I rarely play them, but several of my friends do, leading to conversations in which I spend a lot of time smiling and nodding and thinking about story characters.

Unrelated: Our school play opens in two days. And we don't even have the stage tomorrow to rehearse. Eek!

Unrelated: Our school play opens in two days. And we don't even have the stage tomorrow to rehearse. Eek!

Why don't you have the stage? :O

I mean at our school whenever a performance is set up, whoever(s) is performing gets the stage at least once, and everyone does the final day :)

Haha, no Spritzie, that play has been done with for a while. It went well. ^_^ This one is about a blossoming romance between two children in a school for the mentally unwell - one is OCD and obsessed with clocks and can't be touched, the other has split-personality disorder and adolescent schizophrenia. When performed right (which I don't mind admitting, we really aren't right now) it's quite touching. I have a really good role in it too. I think I have 5th most lines? And it's a decently large cast, so that's saying something.

We don't have the stage because Orchestra wants it to practice a concert. But we need it to practice the play that is happening BEFORE their concert. This always happens - someone takes our stage right when we need it. :angry:

Eh. Our band has the potential. Our band director has bad asthma and is like always in the ER or traveling with his fam. And he's going back to College. So.. during our winter performance we had two really big and nice songs, that we played ok, while the Orchestra had like 6, and the Choir had like 10, but they were all just Christmas songs mixed up with words. :P And the dancers did pretty well

Then we had a play about Peter Pan. Explain the logic in that, from a winter performance.... <_<

But yeah, Band is basically the runaway shelter for us geeks -runsaway- *giggle* :D

And orchestra are the people who think they are better than everyone else :whistle:

Sorry I tend to rambe a bit... and get off-topic :P

Really? Band at our school is great (and they know it.) Though orchestra does tend to hold itself a little higher than it deserves.

I want to get started chatting on this topic, so now's as good a time as any to jump in (I have something relevant to post) :D

At my high school, the marching band is epic; they won just about every competition, and they are going to be in the Macy's 2011 parade. I came to college, and the marching band is such a disappoint (from what I've seen, I'm not actually in it or anything).

We don't have a marching band. We have a band and an orchestra, both of which are playing at prizegiving this week.

What's prizegiving? That sounds fun!

At my school district we don't have marching band until High School -dreams of marching next year- :)

However, our band director did take us to a few of our football games and play there (our 8th grade football team sucked. Won our last game. That's it.)