Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Chinese's horrible to learn. Seriously, I don't think you need to, and it'll be really hard to be fluent (or even get the right sounds and tones :P). Luckily I kinda learned it naturally, so the tones come as a second nature, but they're hard to learn if you're new to it. I mean, "ma" can mean 5 different things depending on which tone you use :P

I'm learning German in school too. I think it's a pretty cool language, and their literature is more interesting in my opinion, especially if you look at the post-WWII stuff. It's so sad :(

But anyway, I mean we don't have people from East Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, all of Africa, Central America, and South America (and if there are any, then I must've missed them, and if they're here, sorry :P). I mean, the number of people we have overseas is very few, and it doesn't seem very international to me.

!!! I have a question for you guys who go to school. Are any of your schools completely ridiculous with the schedules? I am a month in the school year and some kids are still getting program changes! And what's worse- My English teacher got a program change and she wont be teaching my class anymore. SERIOUSLY? One month in the school year and the principle thinks it's a good idea to switch two teachers to new classes?

I actually wouldn't mind if they let us do that at my school. I wish I took AP Physics, because I didn't know we could - the course sheet said the prerequisite was Honors Physics, which made sense because the prerequisite for AP Chem was Honors Chem, but apparently unlike AP Chem, for AP Physics, the Honors Physics was more of a suggestion <_<. And so I'm stuck with Honors Physics and we go so slowly in that class. Makes me very bored and unhappy.

Edit: Athene, you do know that cookies problems aren't always fictional, right?

They probably auto-delete in 48 hours, but if you clear your cookies it should have the same effect? At least that's based off of my limited knowledge of the internet and it's functionings :P

Anyway, I don't get why Premium is such a coveted thing. I would never pay for Neopets.

English is my first language but I can read/speak transliterated Sanskrit. I don't know the Sanskrit alphabet. I can speak some Polish but because I don't know anyone else who speaks Polish I'm not fluent at all. I've forgotten all the French I learned in 3 years at school because I never use it.

Edit: Athene, you do know that cookies problems aren't always fictional, right?

They probably auto-delete in 48 hours, but if you clear your cookies it should have the same effect? At least that's based off of my limited knowledge of the internet and it's functionings :P

Anyway, I don't get why Premium is such a coveted thing. I would never pay for Neopets.

Hehe I know cookie problems exist, but this one is fictional because it certainly isn't a cookie problem. :P

I want premium for a few days so I can use the SSW to get the packrat avatar. I would definitely not pay for it once the trial was up, which is why I'm so annoyed that I can't get the trial :(. I guess I'll just have to search for items the old fashioned way, though it will take soo long. I'm sure I'll survive.

But anyway, I mean we don't have people from East Asia, the Middle East, Eastern Europe, all of Africa, Central America, and South America (and if there are any, then I must've missed them, and if they're here, sorry :P). I mean, the number of people we have overseas is very few, and it doesn't seem very international to me.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but we do indeed actually have people from East Asia (India and China, although I'm not really sure what part of Asia count as 'east asia') and the middle east of a country I always forget sadly. And I'm sure there are others but most don't seem to be super active.

As far as paying for neopets goes, the super shop wizard would be really nice but I can't justify 10 bucks a month for it, especially since I seem to splurg with neocash cards o_O

English is my first language but I can read/speak transliterated Sanskrit. I don't know the Sanskrit alphabet. I can speak some Polish but because I don't know anyone else who speaks Polish I'm not fluent at all. I've forgotten all the French I learned in 3 years at school because I never use it.

Sanskrit, well now, thats different, interesting, very interesting.

I actually wouldn't mind if they let us do that at my school. I wish I took AP Physics, because I didn't know we could - the course sheet said the prerequisite was Honors Physics, which made sense because the prerequisite for AP Chem was Honors Chem, but apparently unlike AP Chem, for AP Physics, the Honors Physics was more of a suggestion <_<. And so I'm stuck with Honors Physics and we go so slowly in that class. Makes me very bored and unhappy.

No, I mean, students are randomly getting their program changed. They are just being thrown around with no warning. It really sucks once you get comfortable in a class.

Sorry to hear about your Physics class. Hopefully it picks up in speed soon!

Chinese's horrible to learn. Seriously, I don't think you need to, and it'll be really hard to be fluent (or even get the right sounds and tones :P). Luckily I kinda learned it naturally, so the tones come as a second nature, but they're hard to learn if you're new to it. I mean, "ma" can mean 5 different things depending on which tone you use :P

If I could learn Chinese, It'd be very helpful and I could evesdrop on conversations, since I live in a Chinese neighborhood and about 78% of all people speak Chinese.

I wouldn't pay either. The wearables I have I've gotten with NPs.

If I could learn Chinese, It'd be very helpful and I could evesdrop on conversations, since I live in a Chinese neighborhood and about 78% of all people speak Chinese.

I wouldn't pay either. The wearables I have I've gotten with NPs.

It is fun talking in languages no one but you know.

And I don't pay either.

Post number 1600! 400 more to go!

Hm, I didn't realize you weren't an FM, JB :P

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here but we do indeed actually have people from East Asia (India and China, although I'm not really sure what part of Asia count as 'east asia') and the middle east of a country I always forget sadly. And I'm sure there are others but most don't seem to be super active.

Well India was more South Asia for me. I just don't know anybody who's currently in China or Japan or something.

And we have someone from the Middle East here?

No, I mean, students are randomly getting their program changed. They are just being thrown around with no warning. It really sucks once you get comfortable in a class.

Sorry to hear about your Physics class. Hopefully it picks up in speed soon!

Ah yeah, I can see how that could be a problem. Why do they do that? I feel like that'd only make more work for them.

Hm, I didn't realize you weren't an FM, JB :P

And we have someone from the Middle East here?

He seems to be like an FM, right? It's hard to believe he's only an SM.

I think CC is in the Middle East. She's Muslim.

I'm taking a shot in the dark with that. She never told us where she's from, so I'm just taking a guess with what I'm given.

Welcome to the Internet, where neither race nor nationality can divide us! :D That's one thing I really love about most online communities. :yes:

I mean, "ma" can mean 5 different things depending on which tone you use :P

Five? Hmm... *mumbles and counts on fingers* I must be missing one tone. xD

:O What languages do you speak, Theo?

I think there are words like that in every language. Like, in French, "livre" either means 'pound' or 'book', depending on whether it's masculine or feminine.

Unstream- No idea. I'm guessing because my school is over crowded (A little over 4000), and because of budget cuts for the schools, a lot of our teachers had to be let go, and a lot of art/music/elective classes were removed. Which is just making everything even more crowded!

The school just feels so disorganized it's really depressing to go there.

Education should not be depressing. :sad01_anim:

When lack of organization impedes the function of a school and visibly impacts the morale of the students, that's an issue. While education is rarely fun, you're right that it should not be an instant drain on your spirits.

Indeed. Having classes pulled out from under you and schedules constantly shifted around is a major pain. Not to mention when your administration department decides that you only need your timetable one week after the semester starts, and that it's great fun to schedule back-to-back classes on opposite sides of the campus. <_<

Livvy, I speak English, period. xD I can understand a moderate amount of Mandarin, and speak a little, but my grasp of the language is very limited. Which is kinda sad, because I'm part Chinese and it was actually my first language... I grew up in New Zealand though, and English kinda displaced Chinese in my head as I picked it up.

Now, typing, that's a different matter. :P I can type in English, C, C++, PHP, Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bash, XML, VHDL- *shot*

I grew up in New Zealand though, and English kinda displaced Chinese in my head as I picked it up.

Now, typing, that's a different matter. :P I can type in English, C, C++, PHP, Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Bash, XML, VHDL- *shot*

New Zealander! Yay, there's someone else here who has lived in NZ.. :)

Wow, you can type in all of those prgramming languages, awesome!

As far as paying for neopets goes, the super shop wizard would be really nice but I can't justify 10 bucks a month for it, especially since I seem to splurg with neocash cards o_O

Sanskrit, well now, thats different, interesting, very interesting.

Premium is definitely too much, I don't really know why people continue it past the trial stage. I guess often, it's their parents paying for it :P

I read/speak Sanskrit because my religious texts are in Sanskrit. It's a really beautiful language, I love it.

New Zealander! Yay, there's someone else here who has lived in NZ.. :)

I'm likewise happy to meet another New Zealander (there are a couple more on the forums actually, I should introduce you sometime xD ). I'm Malaysian-Chinese by blood, but I'm a Kiwi at heart. :D

Okay then, type for me 'JB was wondering...' in C++,m then in JavaScript

C++:

string PROFILE_BASE("http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showuser=");
string JB_ID("14998");

class ForumMember
{
private:
   string profileURL;
   string prevState;
   string nowState;
   string nextState;

public:
   Member(string id = "-1")
   {
       profileURL = PROFILE_BASE + id;
       prevState = "None";
       nowState = "None";
       nextState = "None";
   }

setPrevState(string state = "None")
   {
       prevState = state;
   }

setNowState(string state = "None")
   {
       NowState = state;
   }

setNextState(string state = "None")
   {
       NextState = state;
   }
}

int main(void)
{
   ForumMember JB(JB_ID);
   JB.setPrevState("Wondering");

return 0;
}

JavaScript:

var PROFILE_BASE = "http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showuser=";
var JB_ID = "14998";

function ForumMember(id, prev, now, next)
{
   this.profileURL = PROFILE_BASE + id;
   this.prevState = prev;
   this.nowState = now;
   this.nextState = next;
}

var JB = new ForumMember(JB_ID, "Wondering", "None", "None");

Five? Hmm... *mumbles and counts on fingers* I must be missing one tone. xD

Yeah, the standard four tones and then the neutral tone. The neutral tone is the tone for the "ma" you use at the end of a question clause.

Unstream- No idea. I'm guessing because my school is over crowded (A little over 4000), and because of budget cuts for the schools, a lot of our teachers had to be let go, and a lot of art/music/elective classes were removed. Which is just making everything even more crowded!

The school just feels so disorganized it's really depressing to go there.

Education should not be depressing. :sad01_anim:

Ah that sucks. And apparently Republicans want to cut down the education funding for more tax cuts <_<

Btw, I just realized that you're almost as old as me :P

I'm likewise happy to meet another New Zealander (there are a couple more on the forums actually, I should introduce you sometime xD ). I'm Malaysian-Chinese by blood, but I'm a Kiwi at heart. :D

C++:

string PROFILE_BASE("http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showuser=");
string JB_ID("14998");

class ForumMember
{
private:
   string profileURL;
   string prevState;
   string nowState;
   string nextState;

public:
   Member(string id = "-1")
   {
       profileURL = PROFILE_BASE + id;
       prevState = "None";
       nowState = "None";
       nextState = "None";
   }

setPrevState(string state = "None")
   {
       prevState = state;
   }

setNowState(string state = "None")
   {
       NowState = state;
   }

setNextState(string state = "None")
   {
       NextState = state;
   }
}

int main(void)
{
   ForumMember JB(JB_ID);
   JB.setPrevState("Wondering");

return 0;
}

JavaScript:

var PROFILE_BASE = "http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?showuser=";
var JB_ID = "14998";

function ForumMember(id, prev, now, next)
{
   this.profileURL = PROFILE_BASE + id;
   this.prevState = prev;
   this.nowState = now;
   this.nextState = next;
}

var JB = new ForumMember(JB_ID, "Wondering", "None", "None");

Wow. I thought it would just be like binary, with a few more numbers!