Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Well the Euro isn't all over Europe, and that's different because the size of Europe is probably like the size of the US. Imagine every state having different currencies o_O

Haha yeah, I think it'd be good if people could learn both systems. That'll probably have to be the way they do it.

But like I said earlier, you'd have to change all the street signs, all the cars, all the milk cartons, etc. Even building supplies are made in the US system here.

Not saying switching is a bad thing, just that we probably won't see it happen x_x

I'm Canadaian, so I use the Metric system.

Of course, I don't have any idea what a mile or a km is.

You dont know what a km is and you use the metric system? o_O

I think that it would be good for US to switch. There was a NASA project that costs billions of dollars that failed because someone converted incorrectly. What a waste! :sad01_anim:

But see it'd be really hard to change. I could estimate a foot, but not a decimeter. I can picture how far away a mile is, but not a kilometer. I have a sense of how fast 35 mph is, but not 35 km/h. It's not really practical to change everyone who's been brought up on this system.

And then you can't teach everybody in grade school the SI system, because then there'll be this generational clash.

And all the street signs have to be replaced, all the cars have to be refitted, and all construction materials need to be remade, just to name a few things. That's a lot of money and effort.

So while the system might be impractical, it's more impractical to change xD

I completely agree with you. I remember for a couple books, my favorite author used the metric system, and I was lost for most of it.

If they're going to change (and I hope they don't) those who weren't taught it in school, will have a hard time, but once they teach it in school, and a few years go by, it'd be okay.

But I agree, they should leave it alone.

You dont know what a km is and you use the metric system? o_O

I think that it would be good for US to switch. There was a NASA project that costs billions of dollars that failed because someone converted incorrectly. What a waste! :sad01_anim:

I know what a KM is, but if you asked me how far it was, in measuring, I could say 1000 cm, but not show you the distance.

In school, it is so much easier to use the metric system. Especially for measuring and stuff. For distance and speeds and stuff, I find the standard system (isn't that what it is called?) easier because I am much more used to it.

If they're going to change (and I hope they don't) those who weren't taught it in school, will have a hard time, but once they teach it in school, and a few years go by, it'd be okay

Let's be real, most people in the US don't know either system well <_< It's actually quite sad.

*gaspeth* SPAGHETTI! That's what I want for dinner tonight! Thank you JB! *hugtackles* You've just saved me from a half-hour long "So Livvy, what do you want for dinner?" "I dunno, mum. Food?" conversation.

*gaspeth again* Do we have yet another time zone buddy?

*gaspeth* SPAGHETTI! That's what I want for dinner tonight! Thank you JB! *hugtackles* You've just saved me from a half-hour long "So Livvy, what do you want for dinner?" "I dunno, mum. Food?" conversation.

I have that conversation with my husband nearly every night. :laughingsmiley: "What kind of food?" "The edible kind."

*gaspeth again* Do we have yet another time zone buddy?

You're welcome. Though my favorite part of it was the Garlic Bread :)

I have that conversation with my husband nearly every night. :laughingsmiley: "What kind of food?" "The edible kind."

In my house, it goes:

'mom, what are we having for supper?'

'Food'

'What kind of food?'

'The food food.'