Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Huh, I've actually followed the Food Battles. I liked the earlier ones though.

Must've missed the reference then :P

To me, all the food battles are good. I think 2010 is my favorite now. Smosh are the best Youtubers.

TV still has some life in it. Discovery, Nat Geo, Tru TV, G4. Those are the best channels on TV now.

This is the reference:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zueKq3z3Sk&feature=related

TV has gone steadily downhill. You know it was once thought that TV would evolve into something MORE educational? You see what happened to that. *raises eyebrow*

Alright then, Skywalker. Livvy-wan will be joining your ship. :yes:

EDIT: Really, Liz? In what?

I'm studying regeneration.

Just sayin'. :whistle:

hm, I wonder which Star Wars character I would be.

Really? That's cool. Regeneration of what though?

I've read somewhere that the reason why humans can't regenerate limbs is because our immune systems would see it as a cancer and start attacking it. I never knew if it was true though.

Well, which Star Wars character would you want to be?

TV has gone steadily downhill. You know it was once thought that TV would evolve into something MORE educational? You see what happened to that. *raises eyebrow*

Alright then, Skywalker. Livvy-wan will be joining your ship. :yes:

EDIT: Really, Liz? In what?

Well there are some educational things.

Though I really wonder how educational the Discovery Channel is nowadays. I've seen some of their haunted house things and it's just kinda ridiculous.

Cool. But I have to stop by this smoothie shop first. I always get one before I embark on a journey to save the universe :P

Oh that's why I didn't get the reference either. I don't like Nickelback. (No offense.) I just think all their songs sound the same. There's a website that plays two of their songs at the same time, and chords and basic structure are the same.

Really? That's cool. Regeneration of what though?

I've read somewhere that the reason why humans can't regenerate limbs is because our immune systems would see it as a cancer and start attacking it. I never knew if it was true though.

Well, which Star Wars character would you want to be?

I'm studying regeneration of lizard tails for my thesis. I just started though. I think it's pretty cool because they regrow their spinal cords along with muscle and cartilage.

There was an article that recently (like last week!) came out in Nature that hypothesized that humans have the ability to kill cancer cells (well, a specific gene that helps kill cancer cells) at the expense of regeneration. It's probably more complicated than that though.

I don't know which Star Wars character I would want to be. That's hard...

*thinks*

Cool. But I have to stop by this smoothie shop first. I always get one before I embark on a journey to save the universe :P

Really? :O So do I! Can we stop by Rita's Ice though? I've been craving it for a long time.

Yeah, I've seen their haunted house things too. They always freak me out. I fundamentally don't believe in ghosts, but the unexplained things that do go on still kinda freak me out.

Discovery is educational with their documentaries. Have you heard of: Shark Week? Speed of Life? Discovery's Life?

All of those were in the past 4 months. The only real problem is that they had Oprah narrerate Life.

*narrate ;)

I don't deny that there are educational programs. I just meant that the entirety of TV hasn't become educational and "for a higher good" as people originally thought it would.

That's pretty cool, Liz. And I hadn't heard that about humans. Neat. :O

haha. I think I remember hearing Oprah as a narrator and it freaked me out so I turned it off. I love Discovery though - Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, survival shows, etc. That and the science channel are usually pretty awesome.

EDIT: yeah, I'm excited about it Livvy. :yes:

Did you know that humans can regrow their fingertips until they turn two years old? I learned that recently too.

I'm a little iffy on shows like Deadliest Catch. They're so... dark. It's like watching humans struggle for the sake of watching humans struggle. Just not my cup of chai.

I really like the science channel. All kinds of fascinating informational documentaries come on. I love it! Unfortunately I don't get it anymore. :(

EDIT: Really? WAY COOL! But um... how would one find that out?

*narrate ;)

I don't deny that there are educational programs. I just meant that the entirety of TV hasn't become educational and "for a higher good" as people originally thought it would.

I know, I suck at spelling.

I know that too, but that doesn't mean there's NOTHING educational. While we are overwelmed with bad shows like Jersey Shore, Big Time Rush, and such, Discovery, Tru TV, and Nat Geo are doing a fine job fighting against the idiotic shows.

Well, it's not like someone would do it on purpose! I'm not sure how they first figured it out. I do know that if you go to the doctor with your one-year old that's uh, missing a fingertip, and the tip of their finger all preserved (like you would for someone older) they won't sew it back on. I'm sure that makes for some upset parents at first.

Yeah, Deadliest Catch is kinda sad sometimes. It's interesting learning about the people though.

Haha, I just vaguely remember seeing the astronomy one, and would like to see the New York one since I haven't already.

And thanks! ^_^ Which video did you watch? There's kind of a lot of them. (Livvy has a thing for cameras. :P )

Actually, on the fingertip topic, depending on how much you lose you can grow it back. My mom chopped off the tip of her finger, and it regrew after a month or so.

And if you've seen my video, the changing light colors wasn't because my basement in home to a disco club; my camera just sucks :P

I think the astronomy one was my second vote (after Mario, of course, because Mario is just awesome).

I watched the one in your siggy - the intro video. I'm on youtube now for a contest. It's weird. I didn't think I would ever upload a video, haha.

EDIT:

The fingertip thing is up to halfway of the first joint for those under 2.

Uh-oh, SPLIT!

Astronomy will give me more creativity that will allow me to make more sets. I can make several sets for NY too, but I'd have more for my Astronomy. I still can't choose. And I think it's pointless to make a topic about this.

Hey, you're the one who started the topic to begin with :P

Liz, if you want, you're free to upload a video to HeyTDN. It's open to just about everybody on the forum (am I right about this?). Just PM me if you ever come up with anything ;)

Haha sorry, I haven't watched the video the whole way through yet. I haven't had the time yet today x_x

That's fine Liz. Just opened it up so more people could make videos if they wanted to.