Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Actually, after he realized that the series needed more than three books, he started calling it the Inheritance Cycle instead.

I kinda want the last one too, though I think the ending would be fairly predictable.

My version just says "Inheritance." It's the paperback version from 2005.

Noog is actually making me want to read that again. :D

I WANT FOURTH BOOK D=< *rageface*

I don't know when my Eragon is from (its my brother's) but it is indeed paperback and includes the pronunciation and one of those messages from the author.

I never read Eragon.

I haven't seen the Hitchhiker's movie either.

I liked Fahrenheit 451, but I love books. I think that having to read books for class makes them not fun anymore.

I should really try and get myself more of Michael Crichton's books... I really enjoyed the ones I've read so far, and I find the concept of Prey very intriguing. Unfortunately I have a bunch of biographies I should get through before I can grab any new books. :(

I've read the first Jurassic Park novel, but the second one is still on my to-read list. Which is very, very long. xD

I have a long one too. I have too many non-fiction books sometimes, and then I lose interest in reading a bit and have to remind myself that I need to add some fiction as well. I usually read about 3 books at a time. Right now, I think I might have more like 5 or 6 started. :* I think I've had book ADD recently.

My current reading list (when filtered down to books I actually have) is 100% non-fiction... which is kinda slowing me down. :P I don't find biographies particularly interesting, I prefer stuff on bleeding edge mathematics and physics.

I don't read non-fiction anymore. When I was younger my teachers used to tell me to go read something else instead of reading about animals all he time. xD

Lol, already on page 133 of that book I started yesterday. :P

My reading list is actually extremely short. I'm finishing up The Necromancer and then I'm going to read 1984. I've started to read really slowly so I don't run out of books by the end of the summer :P.

There are a lot of good books I'd recommend. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is really good. I also enjoyed Fahrenheit 451. Michael Crichton has some pretty good books like Prey or Andromeda Strain. And there are more but they're more fantasy and I'm not sure you'd want to read them.

Of Michael Crichton's, I've read Prey, which I really enjoyed, Time Line, and his last one ever. (I don't remember it's name. It was published after he died.) It was a colony, pirates, Spanish story line.

I should really try and get myself more of Michael Crichton's books... I really enjoyed the ones I've read so far, and I find the concept of Prey very intriguing. Unfortunately I have a bunch of biographies I should get through before I can grab any new books. :(

I really did enjoy Prey. As far as biographies, I normally don't read them, but I had a teacher have me read "The Color of Water" by James McBride. I really enjoyed it.

Oh I heard Artemis Fowl was good, but I haven't read any of those.

I read a lot of sciency non-fiction (not just journal articles and such, but science and tech books written for the general public). Not so much physics - more genetics, neuroscience, biology, chemistry... I also have a biography of a French composer that's pretty entertaining, but it's sarcastic dry humor, and it helps to be familiar with composers and music in general in order to get the humor. I guess it's kinda specialized. There's a grammar book that I really like too that's non-fiction - it's British humor, which I like as well.

^

nerd

Non-fiction that I love: The Princess Bride (read this book!), Agatha Christie, P.G. Wodehouse, Michael Crichton, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, mysteries in general, British humor in general. I read all the Harry Potter books and generally liked them, but parts bothered me, and I didn't like the ending. I thought it was a bit of a cop-out.

I read a lot of sciency non-fiction (not just journal articles and such, but science and tech books written for the general public). Not so much physics - more genetics, neuroscience, biology, chemistry...

I read a lot of non-fiction as well. Obviously I read mostly astronomy.

Oh yeah the Princess Bride book is totally awesome. The author actually directed the movie. I LOVE both. :) There are some funny things in the book that aren't in the movie, like the bald Princess Noreena. :laughingsmiley: He also talks about the book like someone else originally wrote it (not true) so there's a debate on who wrote the book.

I haven't been into astronomy as much, but I used to love it when I was younger. One of the places that I applied for grad school has a gem and space museum (space rocks, lots of cool stuff). All of us (the applicants being recruited) were totally enthralled with the museum. We were like "space! moon rocks! gemstones! magnets! cool!" It was fun.

HP got more and more dark as the series went on.

I agree, and I kinda liked the way the frst was written. No voldemort going around killing everyone or giant snakes eating people. xD

Plus no creepy zombies hiding in a lake that surrounds a little island where an old man is tortured by water... o.o

Meh, I love Harry Potter but the first book is the worst in my opinion (especially the first 50 pages, sheesh, so slow). The writing and content definitely evolved as the series progressed, but so did Harry so it made sense.