Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Like Harvard and Yale? laughingsmiley.gif

Seriously, they are just giving you admission to their university so what is the whole point of a college application. eh.gif

Universities like Harvard and Yale don't want anyone to ruin their image by getting bad grades and failing. Plus, they want to make sure that you have the money to pay, like Will said.

I'm hoping to get into a school like Harvard, MIT, or Duke.

Why don't they just accept people with a hight average then? I don't know why I even care, it is not like I am going to a university anytime soon. tongue.gif

Why don't they just accept people with a hight average then? I don't know why I even care, it is not like I am going to a university anytime soon. tongue.gif

You could have a high average from cheating off of other people or using a pay site.

Well, that is a new idea that I have never heard of but why would you even do that. eh.gif

Do which one?

Cheat off of another person? Because you don't want your grade to fall but you were too lazy to study.

Use a site? Lots of site let you make a payment and they will write an essay for you. Lots of people use these because they are horrible at writing and don't want to fail.

I don't even have any kind of antivirus on this computer. angel.png Hi livvy! Which university are you applying for?

Gah, sorry it took me forever to reply! My computer was occupied... watching vlogbrothers videos... with my mum. Whom I can't let know about TDN because OMIGOSHinternetpeopleareallstalkers!! so I couldn't multitask and talk to y'all while being a nerdfighter.

Weird explanation aside, I'm currently looking into Furman University, Columbia College (yay women's colleges!) and Emory. I could apply to all the shmancy schools, but they're expensive, and kinda huge. I like small schools.

Oh, college applications. How fun x_x

Y'know a lot of colleges decide whether or not you're excepted based on how much money your parents make so they know whether or not you'll be able to pay off the tuition.

Oh yeah, lemme tell ya. They're a bundle of joy. <_<

I think you meant accepted (:P), and they didn't really ask about mum's financial situation, they asked about her college. It was weird. Also, they had a section for parent 2, for which I was forced to choose from the dropdown list: Unknown. It feels so weird saying that, but how am I supposed to explain that my second parent is science? Grr!

Weird explanation aside, I'm currently looking into Furman University, Columbia College (yay women's colleges!) and Emory. I could apply to all the shmancy schools, but they're expensive, and kinda huge. I like small schools.

When I apply for college I am going to stay away from smaller schools. I would rather a big social experience.

Thank you Noog. I appreciate you finding the only coherent part of that post. :P

I am almost 100% introverted according to MyPersonality, so big social experiences are a huge drain for me. I'm not anti-social or anything - why would I put myself out there on HeyTDN if I was completely antisocial? - I just prefer social experiences on a smaller scale. I'm totally fine getting to know people in a group setting, but it's almost always on an individual level.

Small colleges also work well for someone with environmental interests, because the campus is generally smaller and it's feasible to just walk wherever you're going rather than having to drive from building to building. Or you can Segway! I totally want a Segway when I go to college. :yes:

Thank you Noog. I appreciate you finding the only coherent part of that post. :P

I am almost 100% introverted according to MyPersonality, so big social experiences are a huge drain for me. I'm not anti-social or anything - why would I put myself out there on HeyTDN if I was completely antisocial? - I just prefer social experiences on a smaller scale. I'm totally fine getting to know people in a group setting, but it's almost always on an individual level.

Small colleges also work well for someone with environmental interests, because the campus is generally smaller and it's feasible to just walk wherever you're going rather than having to drive from building to building. Or you can Segway! I totally want a Segway when I go to college. :yes:

The introverted part of Mypersonality is the weirdest part to me. I love to hang out with my friends, but since sometimes I'd rather hang out with less than a large group you're going to say I'm introverted? Weird.

Segways rule :P

I have never ridden a Segway, but I really really want to. They're so cool!

Yeah, introversion and extroversion are really hard to quantify. How much you want to be with other people largely depends on how you're feeling at the time, and if I'm sitting at home doing a personality test, chances are I'm not having an extrovert moment. And there's no way I'm 100% introverted, because um... I do have friends. And I do sometimes hang out with them.

Then again, it's entirely possible that I've just taken so many personality tests like that, that I now know what answers to put to get it to show that I'm an introvert. Perhaps a little too good at it. :shiftyeyes_anim:

I redid my personality test, and while the per. types are the same, I got different results on my intelligences. XD I'm still 95% introverted. I'm not completely anti-social either, but I really don't like large groups. I tend to get lost and end up just sitting by myself. I'm just not a good socializer. XD

I did the test and sound like a total loner. XD I do like going out with friends and such but I am not the kind of person who can make new friends in a jiffy. XD

I took it and apparently I was 63% extraverted. Guess I like meeting new people to an extent?

Personally I think a smaller college would be a better idea for me. There's more time for discussion and more chances to talk to professors 1-on-1 in smaller colleges, which means a better and deeper understanding in topics that you wish to pursue :yes:

Good morning, everyone! :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Noog) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I always forget my results, so I have to look at mine when someone mentions theirs :P

I think my badge is the only one on the forum that leans towards Feeling :eh: If it isn't the only one, then I haven't seen another.