Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

The Dead Gecko Song :P It's a decently popular australian song on the DIY "I am T-Pain" app (autotune).

From what I understand, one morning they woke up and there was a dead gecko in the toilet and they decided to make a song about it. XD

I don't really like Lady Gaga. But I'm very specific in my tastes.

A lot of the time, I don't venture too far from John Mayer type music. My biggest favorites are John Mayer, Colbie Caillat, Jason Mraz, and Brendan James.

Voice Correction Software/Autotune- they allow anyone to sing.

My thoughts exactly, which is why Kayne West can't sing. He uses autotune for ALL of his songs, because he thinks sounding like a broken robot is cool.

I like Jason Mraz's music. Some of his songs have some <_< meanings, but I love how he uses his lyrics. I appreciate wordplay. =]

I've heard some of those songs. I'm terrible at associating song with titles with artists though.

Wordplay is one of my favorite Jason Mraz songs. It's very clever. That's part of why I like it so much.

If it's an artist I know fairly well, I can tell it's them by their voice, even if it's not a song I've heard before.

Say, Waiting on the World to Change, No Such Thing, Why Georgia, Who Says, Half of my Heart.

Daughters & Your body is a wonderland.

It aggravates me to know a song and not know who sings it :P

I'm the same way Noog.

I can't believe I didn't list Daughters. That's my favorite. Or Slow Dancing in a Burning Room. Assassin. (Though that one is new.)

Oh, and I'm fairly sure you've heard Bubbly by Colbie Caillat.

I wasn't even thinking about that song as I said it. It is a good song though. =] The music video, on the other hand, is just :eh:

I can't do that at all. :P I have enough trouble remembering faces with names; remembering songs with names is even tougher.

I wasn't even thinking about that song as I said it. It is a good song though. =] The music video, on the other hand, is just :eh:

I can't do that at all. :P I have enough trouble remembering faces with names; remembering songs with names is even tougher.

I thought you were referring to the song. :laughingsmiley: I never see the music videos for songs. I think I've only seen one John Mayer music video, for Waiting on the World to Change.

I just recognize the voices most of the time.

John Mayer has been around for probably 10 years now. I went to my first concert of his, 7 years ago, in 2003. But he used to have a more, pop sound. Now he's more R&B. He's a big fan of Blues.

He's an amazing guitar player. He does a soft rock, usually.

Nope, I just appreciate wordplay in general. =] This includes puns and riddles and anything that involves manipulation of language.

Soft rock? I may have to listen to more of this John Mayer.

*makes mental note to look into Heavier Things*

Among my favorite types of music are soft rock and rock-and-roll. Alas, I was born a decade or so too late. =[ I got stuck with boy bands and rap.

Everybody already knows that I listen to Metal and Rock. And before people judge on how metal and rock is all about dying and killing people, look at this and read the lyrics that are in the comments section.

I went through the boy band thing. I laughed when my sister brought home a Hanson CD. I think I was 10-11. But later on, I started listening to everything my sister did. So that included NSync, BSB, 98 Degrees, LFO, Youngstown. :laughingsmiley: I actually saw 98 Degrees, NSync, and Youngstown.

Thankfully, I moved on to different things.

I'm not sure anybody has that assumption about rock or metal o_O

I'm not quite sure I listen to any specific genres. I guess it's a lot of alternative rock, but I have no idea what that's supposed to mean :P

I don't have assumptions about lyrics of metal. I'd have to be able to understand some of the lyrics of at least a couple songs before I could form them. ;)

Soft rock is my favorite. But I have everything on my iPod. Rap, R&B, Country, Alternative, Metal, Rock, Pop, Dance, Techno...

I'm not sure anybody has that assumption about rock or metal o_O

I don't know. A lot of people I know DO have that assumption, when they listen to rap which has much worse topics.

(massacres, drugs, other things not allowed on TDN, etc.) I just wanted to be sure.

I'm off to the park. I'll be back shortly.