Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Aww, that's a kind of saddening outlook. Dating really isn't that bad. (I haven't dated yet, but that's just me.) Lots of my friends have though, and they seem to enjoy it. Good luck, Laura! ;)

~ Livvy

Ha, oh, okay, that makes sense. Happy New Year then!

(I wasn't thinking you'd been hit on the head; I was just thinking, Does she say that whenever she needs a new start or something...? because you'd mentioned how a new day makes you feel less stressed.)

~ Livvy

Bah, I'm never special. Only normal.

Last year was the year of the rat. This year is the ox.

I only just remembered that cause I was born in the year of the rat.

I'm going to try and enter the BC soon. Inspiration from some of the forum members XD

I'm preeety sure that last year was the pig. But I could be wrong.... *goes to look it up*

Edit: You were right. I wonder how I missed that. I remember google showing the year of the pig. And then that's it. I must not have gone on the day it had the rat.

Haha yeah, it's Chinese New Year. I should know, I'm Chinese. And yes, it is the year of the ox. I know that too because there were these two old men arguing about whether or not an ox and a cow were the same species. They aren't.

And about dating, I think it sucks. I've gone out with two of my closest friends, and I've end up losing both of them. Ugh, it's a terrible thing, and I've pretty much decided not to date anyone anymore. Well at least at this moment anyway. You never know with these hormones xP.

Eech, yes, dating your best friend is a bad idea. It always ends up with a break-up that breaks the friendship too. Bad idea. That's why I'm not going out with my best guy friend; it wouldn't work out, and I don't want to lose him. I care for him too much to hurt him - and me - like that.

~ Livvy

I'm really excited about school. (8 more days!)

Hmm......maybe being in the school council explains it. Its sort of a big thing.

My friendships don't last long. When I started my new school all my so-called friends turned into acquaintances. Dunno why, we were pretty close at primary...

But now I have some new friends. Not sure how long it'll last.....

Dating? Never tried. Don't really have the guts to talk to guys anymore...

I have few friends, many acquaintances, and many many people I know.

People I know are the ones that I say hi to in the hallway and that's about it.

Acquaintances are the ones that I talk to sometimes and can have a good conversation with, but wouldn't trust them with my secrets.

Friends are the ones I laugh with, cry with, act completely crazy with, and can basically be myself around, knowing they'll never judge me.

By that definition, friendships last a long time for me. Acquaintance-ships... not so much. But at least I got to know the person as long as we were "friends".

There's absolutely no reason to rush into dating, Stephanie. At this age, boys are more trouble than anything else. But somehow they mature eventually... at least, I've been told they do. I'm not so sure though. =P

~ Livvy

I only made a really good friend in my last year of high school and last year at my course. I have a few amazing friends I've met online, one I met in person when she came here to travel, lots of fun! You wouldn't be in high school yet? Well maybe, I started when I was 12. But most people make wonderful friendships in high school and keep them after finishing. It's not uncommon to lose contact with friends from primary and intermediate. I guess you're older and know who you are a little more in high school. As for boys, they are silly :-P. I'm 19 and have no interest in dating, never have.

Good luck being on the school council ^_^.

*is not at all shocked by rosyfinch13's above statement*

I was actually just discussing this with Xepha the other day. I had a bunch of friends in HS, but when we all went to different colleges,

and of course we didn't keep in touch. And for some reason I've just never had any desire to make friends with people I meet at college.

For me it's like a job you go, put in your time, and at the end you get your diploma and go live your life. It's not a social thing like HS.

I have my four good friends and my family, and I'm content to just leave it at that. If I met

someone really cool I might try to be friends with them, but I haven't met anyone like that so far.

Oh and work friends. Everyone in college should have a job just so you can have work friends, that meet your social needs, but require zero effort.

You have to be at work together so you might as well get along, but I don't care about your life and you don't care about mine, so let's just keep it simple.