Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

We felt the earthquake here too. I just woke up and I thought I was titching involuntarily and making my bad shake but then I realized that it was shaking WAY to much to be the nerves in my leg so I got up and realized the whole house was shaking. You could see all the wire shaking outside and it opened one of our cabinets but that's about it.

And now we're getting evacuated because of hurricane Irene, <_< Boarded up the windows and getting everything tied down now. So we got the official mandatory evacuation notice at 3:57 and apparently the mandatory evacuation started at 4:00 :laughingsmiley: :rolleyes_anim: Yeah right, like I'm going to be ready to leave in 3 minutes. We'll probably end up leaving in the morning.

I live in a pretty safe area. Colorado isn't known for earthquakes. I guess Colorado generally gets 2-3 earthquakes a year. With where my city is located, we're too high to have many issues with flooding, and we're too close to the Rocky Mountains to get many tornadoes. (Except there's tornadoes like crazy if you go just a few miles east.)

It's unusual for an earthquake or a hurricane to happen in New York. However, we do get the remnants of hurricanes quite a bit and not actual hurricanes themselves. :P

New York is probably known more for snow and ice storms than any other weather condition, especially lake-effect snow. I don't live in the part of the state that is affected by that, and I'm kinda glad I don't. I can't imagine what would happen if more than a foot and a half of snow were to fall. (It probably has happened here before, I just don't remember it)

In other news, I finally got my schedule in the mail, but still no supply list. :sad01_anim:

We don't even get the snow storms like we used to. I remember one year when I was younger, when we had several blizzards in a year. It had been years since we'd had one, until we had one last March. Since then, we haven't really gotten any big snow storms.

The last big snowstorm was sometime in January or February. If I remember correctly, the NYC metro area got 3 feet of snow in that month alone. Then, in February, we got a big ice storm. I went outside in it and pretty much everything was covered in a one-inch film of ice. Seeing the trees covered with ice was really pretty, but walking out on the ice was very unpleasant.

To be honest, winter didn't actually end until April or something. The last time we got snow was on 4.1, but it wasn't enough to be recorded. And spring only lasted for a month and a half. :laughingsmiley:

Now I want it to snow again, but that's not gonna happen for at least another two or three months so... :/

We didn't get snow until November last year, when the previous winter, we had snow by mid-October. But we had snow as far in as May.

And we haven't had much of a normal summer. We've been having severe thunderstorms nearly every day. (With the temperature in the 90s, before and after.) Normally thunderstorms are a spring thing here.

This summer was abnormally hot, especially because of that heatwave last month. Weather-wise, this was probably one of my least favourite summers because of how hot and humid it was. There weren't any days (that I remember) where it was 80-85 degrees, partly cloudy and breezy, the way I like summer weather to be <_<

I'm lucky that I don't get the actual hurricanes, and just the remains of them where I live. It'd be a Tropical Storm at worst when it gets to the vicinity of my area, but I expect no extreme damage. Hurricanes actually weaken when they get to colder waters to be honest.

Oh yeah! September 6th! New Heroes of Might and Magic! I even gave myself a new theme song. Now, let us sing the Inferno Cheer!

"Go go Inferno!

We rock everywhere from Earathia to the Conflux

Go go Inferno!

In the name of Urgash goes the overseer

Equip your self with bastilla gear

Get your spell books out

We'll show you what the Inferno's all about

GO GO INFERNO!"

That wasn't my theme song, by the way. Just me nerding out.

I never been to an Add or Subtract event before here at TDN, this could my first one. I'd like to try.

...and I'm still dreading over Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene, and hoping that the damage isn't brutal.

Welcome back Doc.

One more thing, I may or may not have power outages in my area due to Irene; if I do get said outages, I won't be on often. It stinks to live in/near the path of a hurricane or tropical storm.

^ Glad you got your power back, Rach. Worst for me was 30 minutes in my area. No trees were downed in my area, but downed in some other cities near where I live. I'm also glad that Irene downgraded due to colder waters, and some folks in Northern New England won't be lucky.

Surprisingly, the power never went out here...if so, I must have been asleep when it did. =P

I just took a look outside my window and it looks like the wind and rain storm never even happened, save for a few puddles on the ground.

EDIT: I take that back, a few large tree branches fell down and a fence was broken. And it's confirmed that we didn't get a big power outage. :D

I'm glad it's seeming to fizzle itself out now and that everyone is safe. :)

My husband is from Florida, so he's been through quite a few hurricanes. I haven't, obviously being from Colorado. But then again, I've lived in Colorado my whole life, and I've never been through a tornado either.

Where I live, New England rarely gets hurricanes and tropical storms. Last big ones to get Rhode Island would be Hurricane Bob and Hurricane Floyd if I'm not mistaken. I may get some more rain and winds, but things should clear up overnight.

^ Glad you got your power back, Rach. Worst for me was 30 minutes in my area. No trees were downed in my area, but downed in some other cities near where I live. I'm also glad that Irene downgraded due to colder waters, and some folks in Northern New England won't be lucky.

All we're getting here is rain, wind and flickering lights. I'm just sitting in my room enjoying Sims 2. Plus, rain helps me sleep :)

LOL at that. xD i saw something else on this thing that made me Lol. (i retyped it and cleansed out the bad parts)

i understand how scissors can beat paper, and I get how a rock can beat scissors, but there’s no frikin’ way paper can beat rock. is paper supposed to magically wrap around rock and leave it immobile? why the heck can’t paper do this to scissors? screw scissors, why can’t paper do this to people? why aren’t sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students? i’ll tell you why, it’s because paper can’t beat anybody. a rock could tear that crap up in two seconds. When I play rock paper scissors, i always choose rock. and when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper, i can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh crap i’m sorry, i thought paper would protect you

THAT.

Darn, it has been a while since I watched Disney's Tarzan. I remember watching that one in the theaters when I was 7 or something. Disney still has quality animated films these days (like Cars, The Princess and the Frog, and Tangled), but I'm not one for the Hannah Montana, Suite Life, and Jonas Brothers stuff (no offense).

Can I help cheer the mood?

I CANNOT stop laughing at this

tumblr_lf4zexnauG1qa4w2fo1_r1_400.jpg

Yeah, I'm Googling Disney face-swaps

Oh my god, that is kind of disturbing, actually. XD

I think I still have that movie tucked away in the attic somewhere...

Guys I'm excited. Tomorrow is my first marching band gig at my high school's first football game, at an actual stadium! :P

Most kids in marching band aren't supposed to be there unless they're past 9th grade- there's 5 exceptions this year; including me! :)

Wish me luck! :D