Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Nope. He's in Arizona, which for some strange reason, doesn't do DST. So when DST is in affect, AZ is 1 hour off from the rest of the time zone that it usually matches. (My cousin lives in Arizona, which is why I knew that originally.)

Huh. That's funny. Way to go, Arizona! DST is silly anyway. =P

Still, that is rather confusing. Especially for cross-state business dealings and whatnot. Does it trip you up a lot when you visit your Arizona cousin?

I just dislike the changes. I'd be fine with staying on DST or off DST, but it's so confusing to suddenly lose an hour and then gain an hour. When DST is on, I'm exactly 12 hours away from Theo, and now I'm either 13 or 11 hours away and can never quite remember. (And as I'm now co-writing a story with him, those time differences are rather important.)

That's the nice thing about forums, you can go back and edit your mistakes and it will be like it never was. I hate when I'm texting or im-ing and I mess up and notice of course right after I hit send and there is no going back then :rolleyes_anim: