Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

Be careful CAV. I thought this too. I fell into depression when my grandfather died. Don't sit in a corner and beat yourself up. Get up, go outside, and meet someone new. Or just try and find a friend at school who wont judge for anything. I did, and look where it's put me now :D

You haven't had a girlfriend in 7 years? And I mean that you dated when you were 7? (The latter is what I was surprised about. Rather young, no?)

Honestly, romantic relationships are way overrated. All marriages end in death or divorce. (Wow, doesn't that sound morbid). I haven't dated anybody for a long time, and dating is actually less common than you'd think. Being single is actually very okay.

There's always the silver lining on a cloud. You just have to look a bit harder for it.

And while that school is tough, you got into it for a reason, right?

Haha well that wasn't my intention. I was just saying that people shouldn't get so worked up about being single. Sure, if you find a good relationship, good for you, and that's awesome, but even if you're single you're still well off.

I completely agree. I have dated a couple people and I have come to value your statement. I know that sometimes I follow my impulse to say yes, but I still know that it is not always good.

You haven't had a girlfriend in 7 years? And I mean that you dated when you were 7? (The latter is what I was surprised about. Rather young, no?)

And while that school is tough, you got into it for a reason, right?

Exactly, so it doesn't even count.

I got into it because I thought that since it was a specialized high school, it would be good for credit for when I apply for college, even though there's no astronomy. It's not worth it.

Will, that speech of yours about relationships makes me want to get out of mine right away. And I just started dating him yesterday! :laughingsmiley:

????

CAV your life is at one of, if not the hardest stage ever. Same with me. I also have depression but I try to be optimistic. the best thing to think is that you have a life that is a lot better than over a third of the world's population. You've got at least some friends, you have a home, a family, and dozens of things most people could only dream of.

Telling CAV to look on the bright side of life is...quite frankly you guys are a little full of it. Look, hard as one might try, when you are depressed there IS no bright side. I've been there, I was hospitalized twice for it. CAV, it seems like you are going through an enormously difficult period in time. Have you tried anti-depressants? I found those were helpful in getting me through the most difficult parts, but therapy is a good crutch too. You can't give up on it yet, because it does take time to notice anything, I've been in therapy two years and it's only been in the last six months or so that I've begun to feel better about myself and life. You also can't guilt-trip yourself about feeling bad when others are worse, this will only hurt you more in the long run. And hey, don't feel too bad about not dating. I only ever had one boy-friend and he cheated on me during my first hospital stay.

Look CAV, I know it's tough now, and it may seem like you can't go on, and can't do it anymore, but you need to battle onward, because when you've gone down that abyss as far as you can fall, then you can only go up from there right? Sounds dumb, but it is true. What one man can do, another can do, so if I'm beating a serious clinical depression that spans ten years time, you can beat yours too. It takes time, but please don't give up. Find even just one thing, one person or hell, even an animal if you have pets, and stay alive for that.

Think of your TDN friends; think of HAMS: Where would we be without you? In a clump of mess and disorder. We probably wouldn't even exist.

If you can't think of any thing else, try to stay alive (And this might sound geeky, but I can't think of anything else) for you video game characters, and Princess Peach, so she gets rescued by Mario, and whatever other video games you play.

Or even, try to stay alive for your mother, and what she would of wanted, and that she wouldn't of wanted to kill yourself, and she would of wanted you to stay alive, and do something in the end.

Ask you uncle for a telescope for Christmas so you could look up at the stars, even if not well.

Think of your dreams and live for those. You wanted to be a astronomer, right? Live for that.

Live for your past girlfriend, or find a new one and live for her.

Telling CAV to look on the bright side of life is...quite frankly you guys are a little full of it. Look, hard as one might try, when you are depressed there IS no bright side. I've been there, I was hospitalized twice for it. CAV, it seems like you are going through an enormously difficult period in time. Have you tried anti-depressants? I found those were helpful in getting me through the most difficult parts, but therapy is a good crutch too. You can't give up on it yet, because it does take time to notice anything, I've been in therapy two years and it's only been in the last six months or so that I've begun to feel better about myself and life. You also can't guilt-trip yourself about feeling bad when others are worse, this will only hurt you more in the long run. And hey, don't feel too bad about not dating. I only ever had one boy-friend and he cheated on me during my first hospital stay.

I would say the full of it thing, but.......yeah...

And Seliphra is in fact right. It's hard to find a bright side, if there ever even is one. And I wouldn't be surprised if I got hospitalized within the next year.

My therapist might have me put on them.

I'm seeing 3 (count em, 3) therapists: My actual therapist, the school therapist, and one person here on TDN whom shall remain nameless.

Think of your TDN friends; think of HAMS: Where would we be without you? In a clump of mess and disorder. We probably wouldn't even exist.

If you can't think of any thing else, try to stay alive (And this might sound geeky, but I can't think of anything else) for you video game characters, and Princess Peach, so she gets rescued by Mario, and whatever other video games you play.

Or even, try to stay alive for your mother, and what she would of wanted, and that she wouldn't of wanted to kill yourself, and she would of wanted you to stay alive, and do something in the end.

Ask you uncle for a telescope for Christmas so you could look up at the stars, even if not well.

Think of your dreams and live for those. You wanted to be a astronomer, right? Live for that.

Live for your past girlfriend, or find a new one and live for her.

Once again, name 10 actual TDN friends that I know very well I have outside of you, Ryan, Spritzie and Divya.

Yeah, and just because someone whom wasn't deserving of leader had to be put back just to save HAMS. And I'm still the only one that's actually doing work.

I don't like Peach. She get's kidnapped too much. I much perfer Cynder. At least she could fight for herself.

You have a point there, but when you just want things to stop......

There is so much light in the city that I would have to hope for a blackout before I can see the stars properly. Plus I already have a telescope. Shame that I lost the instruction manual.

Live for my past girlfriend. Heck, it's not even a real relationship when you are in 3rd grade. So I have no girlfriend to live for.

And it's dang impossible to find a new one.

People wonder why I have become an athiest. For the 16 reasons above. I lost a lot of faith in God when my mother died. Those reason took what was left of my hope.

There is no bright side. I fail to find any.

I didn't see any bright side in life for quite some time myself. But it is out there. Life may try to keep you from finding it, but just keep looking for something/someone. sleeping_01.gif

????

Question?

I didn't see any bright side in life for quite some time myself. But it is out there. Life may try to keep you from finding it, but just keep looking for something/someone. sleeping_01.gif

I misread that last sentence as, "Livvy may try to keep you..." and I was very confused. Livvy wouldnt do that. Then I realized what was written, and I actually breathed a sigh of relief. :laughingsmiley:

I misread that last sentence as, "Livvy may try to keep you..." and I was very confused. Livvy wouldnt do that. Then I realized what was written, and I actually breathed a sigh of relief. :laughingsmiley:

Don't worry Divya, Livvy has no plans to kidnap you and keep you. :laughingsmiley:

Yeah, I haven't seen Livvy on much recently. Life must've eaten her :ohno:

@Seliphra and CAV, I think it's wrong to say there's no bright side - it's all a matter of perspective. Just because you fail to see it doesn't mean it's not there. It's kinda the glass-half-empty thing.

Just keep the rainbow above your head, and make sure not to fart on it, and you'll always have happiness! :D

I came in and the only post I read was this.

Do I want to read the conversation that caused this post?

Haha, Ryan, if that was the first thing you read on the page and were amused, the same thing happened when I read the post at the top about Livvy not having plans to kidnap and keep Divya :laughingsmiley: Both comments made me laugh and yet somehow I expect nothing less.