Hang Out and Post

Giovanni Gale

What about chocolate covered spiders? o_O

"But the poison gives it that extra kick!"

I get centipedes too, but honestly bugs don't really bother me too much. Stinkbugs are annoying cause they smell, but otherwise, they should be fine unless they're crawling all over me.

AHHHH WHAT THE HECK IS THAT THING!!! EW! -kicks computer screen-

It's a Waterbug. The males can actually GLIDE THROUGH THE AIR. AND THEY GET BIGGER.

Please don't make me serch for other pictures. My skin crawled once that page came up on Google....

It... It had horns. That thing is so creepy! D:

They can glide?! :crying:

-hides under pillow-

I think those were legs, not horns.

And yes, they glide. When I was a kid, a big black one FLEW (not glide, FLEW) right past my head. It looked like a black version of the golden snitch from Harry Potter.

I must say, I have never seen a waterbug that big. Crazy.

They get bigger.

I agree.

Um.............anybody...............uh..........................

Did you know News Corperation removed Fox and My9 from Cablevision? Now I can't see The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, or House because they are asking for $150 million, double of what they already get. Now the FCC is demanding News Corp put the channels back on until they get the problem solved. They are not doing so. They were asked by 144 polititians to put the channels back on. They are not doing so.

And they are breaking the law. You are not suppose to own 2 TV channels, and 2 newspapers in the same area (NY). They had to get a special permit, but with the behavior they have, they can easily lose this permit.

I'm losing my shows because a company is (surprise surprise) too greedy to care for their customers. And then they try to COVER IT UP by saying how Cablevision doesn't want to renew the license. Bullcrap.

Eh, if you really want to watch those shows they're usually up on Hulu or the TV company's website (i.e. Family Guy can be found on tbs.com, House can be found on fox.com, etc.).

It doesn't really matter to me anyway. I have Dish Network which doesn't even have half those channels so I'm not really losing anything xD

Yeah, Dish Network lies in just about all their commercials. Whatever you do, don't get it.

Yeah, I always visit Hulu when I miss something (like No Ordinary Family). But Fox.com has been blocked for Optimum Online users, like me.

It's just aggrevating that a company is so greedy that they'll hold their customers hostage. ABC and Food Network did the same thing earlier this year, but it didn't last more than 3 days for each. This has been going on for almost a week, and they were ordered by the FCC to put the channels on. If not, they can lose the channels (or at least My9).

Oh, and I know. I used to have Dish. Then I got DirectTV. But it got too expensive, so then we got the Optimum Triple Play. We've had it for 3 years.

But Comcast was listed as the worst TV provider, and the worst company in the world altogether.

I know CAV! Isn't it SO annoying. And this is like the third time in a year that cablevision has had problem with tv stations. Uh! Stupid Broadcasting networks. Also side note. Fox just got a huge price raise rather recently from cablevision. I suppose I'm proud of Cablevision for fighting the big companies though, since no other company seems to be fighting.

So, how many stations of TV are there in the US?

Not counting Sky or Freeview, we have about 6 stations.

I know CAV! Isn't it SO annoying. And this is like the third time in a year that cablevision has had problem with tv stations. Uh! Stupid Broadcasting networks. Also side note. Fox just got a huge price raise rather recently from cablevision. I suppose I'm proud of Cablevision for fighting the big companies though, since no other company seems to be fighting.

Glad to see that someone agrees with me.

So, how many stations of TV are there in the US?

As TV companies, there's DirectTV, Dish Network, Cablevision, Time Warner Cable, Comcast, and Verison Fios ( :sick01: ).

As channels, it depends what provider you have. Cablevision has up to 1000 channels if you have the money to get the absolute FULL package, ranging from Food Network to the Koran Channel, the On Demand channels and the NYC traffic channel. I have about 400. I have On Demand, but no movie channels (HBO, Starz, etc). We barely use the On Demand, so we gotta cancel that part.

I don't know what we've got, and it would be different, 'cause I'm Canadian. But we do get a fair bit of TV.

Shouldn't you know who your provider is? Because I have Cablevision, they give advertisements for Optimum all the time.