Treasure Keepers: thank you code is out!

Xepha

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't make it any more okay that other sites posted it as well... and no, the code is hardly being posted on the Neoboards at all. Granted, the prizes aren't that spectacular, but it's the principle that these sites shouldn't be spreading around codes that aren't meant for everyone. All they had to do was say "If you played TK, check your FB e-mail inbox for your prize code." The only reason I singled out TDN is because this is the only help site I have an account on. Anything for page views, I guess.

Sorry to interject but it has absolutely nothing to do with page views and I think it's kind of offensive to suggest that we would post something just to get hits. :sad01_anim:

It is nothing more than to inform users of free prizes, which are open to all to claim. If they weren't meant for everyone, TNT and MG would have created a system or code on an individual basis instead of something so simple for other users to access.

Don't shoot the messenger. :P

I personally thought there should be more than one exclusive item. :P

Otherwise, great prizes.

Same here, but they did a decent job for having such short notice.

But the cheese background? Really? lol

If it's for everyone to claim, why do boards that post the code keep getting deleted and users silenced/frozen for it...?

I just think it's inappropriate to detract from the value of others' earnings by sharing what is supposed to be private. The code was e-mailed - not posted by TNT on facebook, not given on the TNT message boards, not mentioned in the news... I don't know what makes you think the actual code should be made public.

I'm certain TNT knows these codes get passed around. It's been happening forever and why not let others claim a free prize? Shouldn't you be happy for people to get a chance at free items? I played the game a lot too but I don't care if someone who never played gets a Plushie Petpet paintbrush - that's awesome! Everyone complains because they want to be exclusive beneficiaries of these prizes so their value will be more. How about actually ENJOYING the prizes for what they actually are - ways to customize our pets and spend np on wheels, items, etc. Chill out.

Yeah, I don't understand why it bothers you so much... a bit of a disappointment that everyone can redeem it, sure, but it's just a game lol. Just looks to me that they're trying to keep it as private as possible on neopets, but I'm sure they already knew the code would be passed around on other sites. If they really wanted it to be for TK members only then they should have sent out a different code to each member and I'm sure they know that.

Just another point here but even if you never saw the code on this site or anywhere else you could have guessed at what it was :rolleyes_anim: it's not exactly rocket science to guess that the reward for Neopets Treasure Keepers as a thank you was NTKTHANKS :rolleyes_anim:

I played TK in my brothers FB :P... I liked it!

You can post the code in your aso mssg ^^

I received the code fair and square, but I would have shared it with everyone anyway...it's not like those items were worth so much money that they were going to make me rich, and I think Neopets is about more than points and "winning." I play for the community that I've grown to love, and as such I would have wanted everyone to have access to the loot.

I think it's small and selfish of people to throw a fit about this. No one complained when they released the Burger King codes with all the free wearables and backgrounds, and that was definitely suppose to be a prize just for a limited number of people. Besides it's not like we had to complete a difficult quest or do something challenging to earn that code...just a reward for playing a game we would have played even if we hadn't known they were giving out prizes.

And you could keep repeating over and over again that the code was suppose to be private, but it's like everyone said already, TNT gives out private codes and special secret items to select groups all the time...if they really intended this to be private they could have made it that way...

I'm happy with the prizes :) Big Thank you to TNT. By the way, is it ok to redeem code on the side accounts?

If you ask me, I would say no since this action involves gaining Neopoints, something that you are not allowed to do on side accounts.

I have to say I agree with Richal and FutureTXTurkey.

It's only a game. I would also have been happy to share such a code with others and if I hadn't played TK, I would have been thankful to the person who shared the code with me.

ETA: I just shared the code with someone who didn't play TK.

OH NOEZ! D:

>__>

i am bummed about the prizes,

because i just bought a plushie petpet paint brush for my gallery. like last week, and it was 28k <_< but i do remember the plushie petpet paint brush was originally given out as an advent prize or something?

i plaayed it a little, it was a unique game and i quite liked the graphics, shame it had to be shut down (anyone really know why??)

people are complaining about the prizes, but it is very generous, and you have to remember the prizes were probably put together at short notice too, you can't expect unique codes and tiered prizes (although it would be nice, remember how long the altador plot prizes took?)

i'm not sure if there might be a risk redeeming the code if you didn't play. because it was facebook, TNT has our emails. also most of us who were playing redeemed some of our achievement prizes, i'm sure there is a log of that too. anyone else feel its a bad idea from that POV?

I played it, but my facebook and neopets accounts use different emails, so if they do try to penalise people for that then I guess I'm in the firing line too.

I don't think they will do though, it'll just cause a whole new set of arguments and I think a lot of people would quit NP, or at least boycott it for a while.

I would like to know why they shut it down though, I was enjoying it!

I am level 15 TK

and even if I had the code to myself , I was going to come here and post it for everyone to use .. simple as that .. because I have a sense of COMMUNITY ..

I don't think the code is worth getting bummed over .. it's not like that game cost money to use or something .. there are nice people on the neoboards who give out their real-money NC items and SF codes for free ... why not follow their example and stop being greedy and selfish for a change !!?

*is honestly shocked how some people made an issue out of nothing !!*

I played. A lot. And you know what? For being ranked number one out of all my friends on fb, I didn't get a single email telling me of a prize code. So I'm glad TDN posted it, and even if I have to save these items for later because of the high supply on the market, I'm glad everyone else got some too.

THANK YOU TDN

i did notice on their fan page people being very angry about this, there are people who spent A LOT of money on the game. i suppose this would be unfair for then and i do think this is neopets fault not TDN. they should of sent out user specific code. =/

THANK YOU TDN

i did notice on their fan page people being very angry about this, there are people who spent A LOT of money on the game. i suppose this would be unfair for then and i do think this is neopets fault not TDN. they should of sent out user specific code. =/

I was hoping for user specific code too... but only to claim my mom's prizes in addition of mine. (She doesn't have a Neopets account... :P)