The All New Snowager

Mouseykins

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is interesting! I got a Faerie Fortunes SC earlier this morning. And just now: Molasses Snowball

If this is the new way they're doing the Snowager (which would be weird after so long the other way) maybe the avatar would be awarded randomly, like the Grundo Plushie one.

snowager.png

I LOVE the new artwork, it's so beautiful, I hope they'll keep it :D

Don't really care about the avvie, but I hope it isn't retired, I like the new snowager :D

I love the new artwork. Snowy was definitely due for an update.

I visited just over two hours ago, so I decided to test the theory and return. I got another prize, so I'm another person confirming it's every two hours. :)

That's really a bummer if we can only do it once a day :( It better make the avatar less rare.

Edit: I went to try anyway, and it let me!! I did it the first time between 12-1am NST and now it is 936 am NST and it let me do it again. Making me think it's every eight hours :)

Today I got this from My Worst Enemy The Snowager.

bd_rotten_artichoke.gif

And I like the new look. But if he can still balst people, he's still My Worst Enemy!

I just visited again and got a red mynci plushie. I hope it's not just for December that we can claim prizes every two hours.

As for the avatar I hope this makes it a little easier for those of you who don't have it yet.

For me the Snowager avvie was one of the easiest to get. I think I got it within my first two months of avatar collecting.

I also got two prizes today and I did not visit eight hours apart. It was more like 5 hours. I got a Race to Riches Scratch Card and White Snowball Plushie! :-) I don't think I can hope to be this lucky again. I wonder if he will be "hibernating" for the whole Month of Celebrating or just today? I love surprises like this from TNT!!

I also got two prizes today and I did not visit eight hours apart. It was more like 5 hours. I got a Race to Riches Scratch Card and White Snowball Plushie! :-) I don't think I can hope to be this lucky again. I wonder if he will be "hibernating" for the whole Month of Celebrating or just today? I love surprises like this from TNT!!

This Snowager hibernation period will be for the entire month of December, so you have the entire rest of the month to poke the Snowager every two hours after your last visit with him.

2d visit today, got 1 petpet, and 1 keyring, i'm pleased with that :D

GO SNOWAGER SLEEPING ALL DAY, YEAH!!!

Thanks guys! Glad our research was worthwhile. It's been about three hours since my last time poking him and I got a prize so I assumed it was more often :)

I think he looks great ^^ It's kinda funny, over the last week I've been doing a lot more sleeping them usual, I can totally understand the desire to hibernate ^^ Also would love the av

If you go to TDN's home page it says - He's decided to sleep all month long, so quietly compliment him about his new look and try to get a prize! In fact, you can visit him once every hour in hopes to get some of his new treasure or even the Snowager avatar!

So assuming they have tested this, it seems like it's hourly! Yay!! I just got a prize at 9:40pm so will check back in an hour..

Edit: ok I'm stumped, I tried back at 10:40 and then at 11:00pm and no luck. So confused!!

If you go to TDN's home page it says - He's decided to sleep all month long, so quietly compliment him about his new look and try to get a prize! In fact, you can visit him once every hour in hopes to get some of his new treasure or even the Snowager avatar!

So assuming they have tested this, it seems like it's hourly! Yay!! I just got a prize at 9:40pm so will check back in an hour..

Edit: ok I'm stumped, I tried back at 10:40 and then at 11:00pm and no luck. So confused!!

I think TDN may have made an assumption that it's hourly when they announced that. Most people seem to be getting a prize once every two hours. I haven't seen any examples of people getting prizes sooner than two hours later.

I've been going hourly but only getting prizes every two hours...

On a different note, I don't understand something. If the snowager is hibernating all month long, does that mean no avvies all month long? I thought you got the avvie when you got blasted. But since he's not blasting....

erm, the snowager is a HE right?:eh:

erm, the snowager is a HE right?:eh:

According to the Snowager's Neopedia article, the Snowager is actually considered a male. I always thought the Snowager was a male when I first came across him.

Love the new Snowager! I'm glad he went into hibernation so hopefully we can all try and get the avatar this Christmas! :P That would be a nice Christmas surprise.

According to Hrtbrk's recent post in the Snowager in Hibernation Event topic, TNT confirmed that you cannot get the Snowager avatar while he is hibernating.

Also, here's a question that TNT answered in this recent Neopian Times Editoral concerning this:

With the Snowager now taking a well-deserved hibernation for the first time in twelve years, some of us were wondering if it is still possible to get the elusive avatar from him (as he seems to have stopped blasting people, at least for now). So, could you tell us if the avatar is retired forever (T_T), just for December, or not at all? Thanks! ~larryland

As you noted, the Snowager is just getting some much needed shut-eye this month. We're sure that, once the month is over, he'll be back to blasting cheeky Neopets that come to steal his treasure.

Source: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=523

Have the kind of treasure which can be stolen from the snowager also changed for this month?

The answer is no. The types of treasure has remained the same since the Snowager wasn't in hibernation, and there are some new treasures added (mainly plushies) every now and then as well, so keep your eyes peeled!