What is your heritage/ethic background?

Naamah D.

I take it you two are dark skinned and dark haired? I'm not being mean or anything, it's just that I think maybe you'd find it boring to all look the same?

Dark skinned? No. Sweetdang is Chinese so she is naturally quite fair (I assume). As for me, I'm also quite fair, even for a Malay. Must be that I got a trait from my grandfather; he came from a Chinese family! Dark haired? Yes. Since we are both Asians our hair is black. ^_^

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASIANS FTW

Singapore, too.

I love Asia. WE ARE HUGE PEOPLE. WE ARE HUGE.

My hair is naturally brown-black, and yea, I'm fairly fair (hahaha) but you know what they say, the colour for us chinese is "yellow", so. :mellow:

Also, in reply: All you Europeans, don't you find it boring than, that you all have white skin and blond hair? Isn't it boring to all look the same? :P You see what I'm getting at? We have black hair, but our skin colour is different (Singapore is amazingly multi racial) our eyes are different, one of us has longer lashes, one of us has bushier eyebrows, one of us have longer hair, one of us have have shorter fingers, one of us are taller (me :P ), one of us have bigger feet.

All of us are different.

But you both have brown eyes, right? Which must be boring(no offense). Well you can always dye your hair, I know I would, just to be different. I want to dye my hair purple.

Saying no offense doesn't mean that you wave a magic wand and no offense is taken. :)

And you're wrong. I have black eyes.

It isn't really about "being different". Singapore is one of the most multi racial countries around. We appreciate each other for our differences, because all of use are different. Looking different - which is what you're talking about - doesn't strike me because I don't need an outer look to convince myself that I'm special, because I already know I am. Dying your hair purple is fancy and stuff, but it'd just make you stand out - in the same way my personality would make me stand out. We all stand out, no need to go to extremes. I have nothing against dyed hair - it's cool - but for now I like my country and my heritage and ethnic background, boring as it maybe, and the knowledge that although millions share it, we're all different.

That's my say on my heritage and ethnic background. :yes:

I like how people look different, like I said, it would be boring if we all looked the same. Sometimes I think I'm boring because I'm white, have brown hair, and although my eyes are blue, they look dull, more like grey. Sometimes I wish I had green eyes, they go a greenish colour when I cry.

I was born in Canada but both my parents are from India so that makes me an east-indian Canadian I guess xD I like my background but sometimes I also like to think Im Japanese asian xD because Im studying japanese right now and Im finding it really fun and enjoyable. I hope to travel to Japan someday too ^^

• 2 months later...

German/Spanish and Chinese/Filipino from my parents. Born and raised in Germany - although I look like an Asian girl who speaks German, and my English is still heavily German-accented. When I came to NY I confused a LOT of people. And yes, I do blame my parents.

I'm also Hungarian! Yay. Well. I'm 25% Hungarian and the rest of the 75% of me is Heinz 57 (a term we use where I live to pretty much mean...well, a mixture of everything). I have some Scottish, British, and Irish in me I believe- but that side of my family goes back so long and I'm not even sure if I can really consider it a part of me.

To be honest, I'm 100% Canadian!

Wow so many of you have such amazingly varied heritage... the beautiful melting pot of life :)

I am reasonably boring I'm 50% Irish (Dublin) and 50% English (Sunderland) and was born in Cambridge England. So I have dual nationality in that I can use either passport :)

In order of amount, I'm Egyptian, German, Polish, Swedish, and a teensy bit Sicilian. Heinz 57, right? You have to wonder how egyptian got in there, but it did, thanks to my mom. The rest is from my father.

You'd think with this background I'd know a ton of languages (or at least three), but no. :(

I'm Slovenian. Just Slovenian. Boring.

that's pretty cool in my opinion! =D

• 2 weeks later...