What are your pet peeves?

April

I hate it when people pretend to like you when they hate you. Though I'm guilty.

I know what you mean. :/

Also, I hate it when people are like "oh, I love your shirt!" and then a few seconds later they're talking to their friends saying something like "that's the ugliest freaking shirt I've ever seen."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean. :/

Also, I hate it when people are like "oh, I love your shirt!" and then a few seconds later they're talking to their friends saying something like "that's the ugliest freaking shirt I've ever seen."

This reminds me of the movie Mean Girls.

Where Regina goes on to this girl how she loves her outfit. Then turns around and says how ugly it is.

What's the point in sugar coating it?

Oh and for another peeve. I hate dream squashers. I hate finally having a goal or wanting to do something to be told "that's not for you." or "you can't do that."

People who talk in movie theaters.

People who block the hallways at school. I can only say excuse me so many times before I finally say "Yeah, move already."

Girls who have an "I'm so hot, all them boys love me" attitude

First of all them shouldn't replace those. Which sounds better

"Them roads were really slick after that snowstorm"

or

"Those roads were really slick after the snowstorm"

Second, if you know your "hot" don't freaking announce it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who talk in movie theaters.

People who block the hallways at school. I can only say excuse me so many times before I finally say "Yeah, move already."

Girls who have an "I'm so hot, all them boys love me" attitude

First of all them shouldn't replace those. Which sounds better

"Them roads were really slick after that snowstorm"

or

"Those roads were really slick after the snowstorm"

Second, if you know your "hot" don't freaking announce it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People who talk in movies theatres are the worst! How about when there's children screaming and crying? When your child has been crying for over 5 minutes, it's time to take them out of the theatre.

Also people who kicked your seats on the bus or at the movie theatre makes me so... :grrr: :evil:

I hate it when the bus comes late. And I mean really late. It came late for me today, by SEVEN MINUTES! :grrr: I was so angry! :angry: I could have done with it coming early today, like yesterday when it came two minutes early.

Driving in my city is my biggest pet peeve. I guess driving itself isn't the pet peeve, but everyone around me.

*Pedestrians, particularly in the neighboring city. Really? You live in a city with THE most renowned university in the nation, as well as another incredibly famous and well-known university as well...you are a STUDENT at one of these places...but you don't know how to cross a street properly? Forget it, I'll just tell you: Cambridge pedestrians are idiots.

*The streets, but at least it's understandable.

*The traffic lights...why are they timed specifically so two lights that are RIGHT IN A ROW (with two very close streets--only about twenty feet apart) are never green at the same time? Did your Harvard graduates plan your lighting grids in a way that forces people to gridlock?

*The trains. This is not the first time this has happened, but it happened today, so it is freshly in my mind. The train runs in the middle of the street between the lanes of traffic, but at the end of the line, it veers off to the right and goes off the road. Today, the train decided to do that, and it parked in the street. It completely gridlocked the street for about ten minutes. Finally, it moved, but by the time we had a red light, ANOTHER train was parked in the middle of the street. It was more than twenty minutes before we could make it through the intersection.

One thing I'll say for Boston drivers, though: they are really, really good about letting people into lanes and letting them make difficult left turns and stuff. Despite the trains, the drivers are really good about not gridlocking. And a driver will stop randomly to let someone make a turn they haven't been able to do due to traffic. I think it's because the streets are so difficult to navigate and traffic-filled that everyone is sympathetic.

When you have a really good friend who turns into a total jerk and you realize you can't stay friends with them.

I know how that feels. I had a friend, but she loiked many mordern things like music that I did not, and we drifted apart. And then I had another friend who seemed fine at first, but it took me a while to realise... well she wasn't normal. Let's just say she wasn't that bright. She's left school now, cause she's older than me, even though whateer is wrong with her probably makes her immature.

I really dislike a lot of the drivers in my area. Most of them are really rude and have huge, expensive SUVs that they can't even pull in or out of a parking space.

I'm scared to start driving mainly because I don't want to become one of the infamously bad drivers of my area. :worried:

The only thing that I'm actually get angry is when I can't open my examination results.

*punches the wall multiple times* :grrr:

more pet peeves of mine....

When all we hear about is Cancer awareness. I personally think we should focus on other deadly diseases that aren't as well known. Not give up on Cancer stuff but all I hear is about pink ribbon cancer. I mean, it's ridiculous.

When people go to artist youtube videos just to say how much they suck and how much they hate each other.

When people make more money on reality shows than people that work hard almost every day do in a year. I find that ridiculous. I feel the more respected jobs should make more money but our society does not work this way.

Bullying. It's crap. Why bother? Does it make you feel better about yourself?

TNT freezing for ridiculous reasons.

I know. all that Cancer crap i keep hearing about drives me nuts. Why cancer? its not THAT important! my personal pet peeve is when somebody hates a particular type of animal for no reason other than that theyre "gross" or "dumb". And YES. I am an animal rights activist, so dont even think about it

I hate it when people don't use capital letters at the beginning of their scenteces. Or even the letter I. i dont like it when they talk like this and miss out punctuation too

People that go overboard with their morals and beliefs.

For example: I campaign against animal testing. I write essay's on it. Have a group down here. Do walks to get donations for the SPCA. All the type of stuff.

Then other people that love animals say that I can't care that much because I eat meat.

I have REALLY low iron levels that I can't take supplements enough to get them up. And I enjoy eating meat. I'm careful where I get it.

I think that eating meat is okay but that the animals should be killed in a humane way.

Animals have the instinct to kill as well. And we're campaigning for them.

So don't come at me because I am not a vegan or vegeterian.

Sorry, had something happen today when I was organizing some more things.

People that say the only reason I stick up for other's is because I have issues myself

Happened yesterday. I was doing bullying speeches at different schools and someone said the only reason I stuck up for those being bullied was because I, myself, was different. That's not why. I honestly care about people.

People that hate you for not being "attractive" to them.

This happened last night. Some random guy messaged me on facebook to say I was ugly and deserved to die because of it. He also said he wished cancer on me and other diseases. When I informed him that it was not funny because I actually have a disease that could kill me he said "good, we need rid of ugly people."

It bothers me. So what if I'm not attractive for you. I may be ugly to you on the outside but I think I am not so bad inside. And it's attitude like that angers me.