What are your pet peeves?

April

I don't really like people's taste in today's music at school, or the attitude that comes with it. I don't really like RnB or rap songs, but just because they do doesn't mean they have to act like it. Then again, I like rock music and I'm quite moody and i want to look like I like rock music, so...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really like people's taste in today's music at school, or the attitude that comes with it. I don't really like RnB or rap songs, but just because they do doesn't mean they have to act like it. Then again, I like rock music and I'm quite moody and i want to look like I like rock music, so...

I hate it when people listen to rap and act all "Yo yo yo! I'm gonna play some GTA with my homebois suckah foo!"

If you'd take off your headphones you'd know that people don't talk like that outside of a song. Sorry if I sound mean but all because I listen to metal doesn't mean I'm gonna scream all time and headbang in class.

YES!!! This!

I will post here daily xD I dislike it when you make plans, and people cancel on you.

And when people bail out on you in a PW group or something.

And projects that require a long time frame but you're only given like 5 days for it.

This! 100 percent.

It's even worse when you get ready and drive all the way to get them for them to not show up instead of just not telling you.

The majority of the people at my school

'kay, I know it sounds really cliche, but it's true.

You have your annoying sophomores who think they're cool because they're not freshmen anymore which automatically gives them the right to make fun of them, jerks, jocks, jerk jocks, those fake scene chicks with the tacky colourful plastic bead bracelets, [usually] white kids who try to be ghetto or hardcore or something like that, the upperclassmen with obnoxiously loud Mitsubishis, the smart kids, the girls who hook up with most of the guys in their grade and publicly talk about it, etc.

And the teachers aren't any better.

Ah, public high school is such a fun, enriching and all-around wonderful experience.

People who get really mad at you when you curse

even when you say something that isn't technically cursing (like "crap")

I have friends that do this and hfsjshddfhs it just annoys me to no end.

Honestly, I don't even curse that much compared to other kids in my school. If a "what the hell was that" or "holy crap" slips out every once in a while, it isn't the end of the world.

Wen my frans txt like dis

Its da most annoyin thing eva. Maybe im a lil biased bc I almost always take da time 2 type out all my words, as if im writin an email or sumthin.

People who try and discourage you from your dreams

I hate hate hate hate this. A few months ago I was having pizza with my friends and I was talking about how I wanted to become a lawyer. One of my friends was like "oh you wouldnt be a very good lawyer honey you should just give up on that dream now!!!"

Not gonna lie, but I was really close to crying (and slapping her in the face).

People who always talk about their love interests

I do not give a rat's arse about your snuggly wuggly pookie bear of a boyfriend.

People who are like this

"hiiiiiii! XDDDD im so random ORANGE POLKA DOTTED NARWHAL seeeee???? XDD cheese!! lol did i mention im random??? :PPPP"

Annoying fangirls/fanboys

needs no explanation.

People who use the word "swag"

as something that doesn't mean goods, items, or ornamental festoons (yes, that is one definition for "swag"), but instead as a word for "cool," "the way you carry yourself," etc.

ex.: You see that kid Johnny over there? He's got so much swag it's not even funny.

Moral of the story, please refrain form using the word "swag" unless you are talking about items. Thanks.

Chain texts

"FWD: FWD: FWD: FWD: txt dis w/ only ur pinky finger and send it to 20 people and your true love is gonna give you a magical kiss! THIS REALLY WORKS!!!!!!!"

No, it doesn't. I never forwarded any of this crap. It's not like I have 20 people to send it to anyway.

People who use random Japanese words in conversation

Ugh. I have friends who are like this. Thank god they're not the type of people who think everything is kawaii desu ne.

People who are like this:

"im such a female dog (because I can't say the b-word here) lol."

Also, people who think they're so deep and inspirational!!! by saying things like "everyone is beautiful," "life is beautiful," "love is louder than the pressure to be perfect," et cetera.

Sweetie, you're just about as deep as my bathtub. Or the kiddie pool.

People who always like to look at what you're drawing

This happened to me all the time in grade 6 (and sometimes in grade 7). They'd look over my sketchbook like I was sketching the rough draft for the Mona Lisa or something. Come to think of it, my art style back in grade 6 sucked and everyone seemed to enjoy it for some reason.

Personal space, kids. Respect it.

Yeah. I definitely rambled. I just have a lot of gear-grinders and most of them can't fit in this one post.

Oh my god you made me laugh :D But I agree totally :) We don't actually have the whole freshmen/sophomore thing or the colourful society of jocks/cheerleaders, hook-up girls (I wanted to use another word, acutally :whistle:) but I know what you mean.

I only disagree with the whole grammar/spelling thing, because many people here and on Neopets don't have English as their first language. Including me. So please, be gentle :)

I hate it when people listen to rap and act all "Yo yo yo! I'm gonna play some GTA with my homebois suckah foo!"

If you'd take off your headphones you'd know that people don't talk like that outside of a song. Sorry if I sound mean but all because I listen to metal doesn't mean I'm gonna scream all time and headbang in class.

That's exactly what I think. And I write my own songs, but they don't have any screaming in them. And I don't even move to songs, I just listen to them.

Little kids screaming and crying in stores when the don't get the toy or candy they want.

Example:

Kid::reaches twoards teddy bear: Mommy!!! I want teddy!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids mom: Maybe Santa will get you one for Christmas, now let's find the macaroni.

Kid: WAAAAAAAAH!!!! I want my teddy!!!!

Little kids screaming and crying in stores when the don't get the toy or candy they want.

Example:

Kid::reaches twoards teddy bear: Mommy!!! I want teddy!!!!!!!!!!!

Kids mom: Maybe Santa will get you one for Christmas, now let's find the macaroni.

Kid: WAAAAAAAAH!!!! I want my teddy!!!!

It also bothers me when people blame the parents. This happens to so many parents.

But I want my teddy. :(

when people act cokcy like they know evrything about a topic

when people walk slowly blocking a sidewalk

when car drivers don't indicate and nearly run me over

when people pretend to know about computers but don't

when people only care about the graphics of a game and not gameplay#

Activision mainly bobby kotick

People who act like this: OMG!!!!! You don't like hot dogs????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! What's wrong with you??????????!!!!

Yeah uh....I just don't like them?

I have to agree with that. People think I'm strange just for not liking what they like.

People who talk about how video games "rot your mind" and are a waste of time when they can't miss a single episode of American Idol or any of that reality TV crap.

Person: Have you ever seen the TV show Scrubs?

Naamah: No.

Person: Were you too busy playing video games to watch?

I have to add this after being annoyed by countless people tonight.

When someone messages you saying "hey" even though I was offline... and then keep saying "hi" over and over and "are you there?" It drives me up the wall!

And I agree with people who don't indicate. I've nearly hit someone who flew in front of me and didn't indicate. Would have been a sad day for them with the truck I was in. :worried:

Oh and random people who message you wanting your "number" and they say other things... :whistle:

People that say I use the computer too much when they spend their entire life in front of the TV.

When people insist on waking me up in the morning even though all I'm going to do is read a book. I can see if I did something productive but they know I won't.

The fact that I get really terrible migraines, make you throw up and pass out migraines and when I mention it to someone and why I don't want to do whatever it is they want me to they go on and on about their headache or the ones they get all the time but they suck it up and deal with it. I really must stress the fact that Migraines and Headaches are completely different. So don't rub that in.

When people edit a photo to death then call it photography. I personally LOVE to edit photos to death but I would never go post them in photography rating threads or show them off as "photography"

When friends complain about how broke they are yet buy lottery tickets that cost over 100 dollars each... That could buy a lot of groceries. Or if they constantly go to Bingo or shopping then go on about how they can't pay bills. :/ It bothers me because I literally don't have enough money to get into town, let alone to buy groceries and I don't do extra things. So don't whine about it.

Girls that have over 2000 photos on facebook and most of them are in the same poses and outfits... I have taken photos of myself but not thousands.

On that note, younger kids that have over 1000 friends on facebook. You're 12... you REALLY know all those people.

Oh and classic with my stupid friends. "I think I'm pregnant!"

Me: "Did you use any protection?"

Them. "No. I don't like it."

Me. "..." *slaps* Okay not really. I don't slap them. I wish I could .

And I'm done for now.

Incredibly chatty people on airplanes

I've only encountered one person like this in my entire life and believe me, I never want to encounter anyone like this ever again.

There was this one dude who sat directly behind me who would not shut up. (no really he talked for the entire friggin flight and made sure the entire plane heard what he had to say)

Blind-bashers

what I mean by this is people who negatively criticize something (such as a book, song, game or TV show) without reading, listening to, playing or watching it.

My friends are like this with just about every music artist or song I like that was made prior to 1995. (According to them, any music recorded before then is "old and farty")

Overused memes/jokes/etc

ex.:

~Pick a LOLcat. Any LOLcat.

~most rage comics (also: Trollface, Forever Alone guy, etc.)

~"Duh. Winning!"

~Nyan Cat

~"It's over 9000!"

~"cool story bro"/"come at me bro"

When people I despise say "hi" to me and try and force me to say "hi" back

I will not say "hi" back to you because I don't like you and I don't want to acknowledge your existence. Simple as that.

People who make stereotypical assumptions about others

ex.: "This girl is talking to a guy so this must mean they're dating each other"

"This guy never talks to anyone so this must mean he's a loner freak"

When I'm really hungry, open a cabinet to try and look for some cookies, cereal, crackers or pop tarts and there are none left

okay this is incredibly stupid compared to all the other things that make me mad but still

Group work

where you don't get to pick the groups and you're put in the same group with a bunch of arses.

It's even worse when they expect you to do all the work.

Feather extensions/clip-on feathers

A lot of girls at my school have these and they're so freakin' tacky.

I also don't really get the whole trend of feather jewelry (not just hair extensions) as well. Some of it looks okay but most feather jewelry looks tacky.

People Who Type Like This

Stop Doing This It Does Not Make You Look Cool Or Distinguished Or Anything Like That

When people ask me to borrow pens or pencils and never give them back

That is exactly why I say "sorry, I don't have any" (when in fact I have a bunch of pens/pencils)

People who attack people who use incorrect grammar

"Ooooh! You used 'your' incorrectly! *whacks you with Grammar Hammer*"

Calm down. Just because someone used "your" incorrectly does not mean it's the end of the world.

The bathrooms at school

creep me out. Some of the locks on the doors are broken, it always smells horrible, and the sinks are sucky.

I think the high school bathrooms have the middle school bathrooms beat for creepiness.

Random out-of-state and outer borough numbers calling me

I have tried calling some of them before and almost all of them are mortgage offices.

I've gotten calls from places like Florida, California, Washington DC and I think I got a call from New Mexico several years back...

Overused memes/jokes/etc

ex.:

~Pick a LOLcat. Any LOLcat.

~most rage comics (also: Trollface, Forever Alone guy, etc.)

~"Duh. Winning!"

~Nyan Cat

~"It's over 9000!"

~"cool story bro"/"come at me bro"

I'm ... guilty, considering that I enjoy looking at rage comics.

I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE GET BREAD CRUMBS IN THE BUTTER. Or jam, or peanut butter or ANYTHING. Eww.

Mmm, bread crumbs ... I like it when my meals are coated in them.

It bothers me whenever I hear people singing the same song all over again to the point where it bothers me so much ...

The bathrooms at school

Creep me out. Some of the locks on the doors are broken, it always smells horrible, and the sinks are sucky.

I think the high school bathrooms have the middle school bathrooms beat for creepiness.

Same here (except for the doors). The toilets or sinks will always get clogged up and my school won't even bother to fix/repair them. Luckily, I'm not someone who uses school toilets. Or any other public toilet in fact. Not at all. Only at home.

I only disagree with the whole grammar/spelling thing, because many people here and on Neopets don't have English as their first language. Including me. So please, be gentle :)

I don't think she minds if people use grammar/spelling wrongly. There's nothing wrong with how you talk! Or type, lol. :)

It's when people type lyk dis b/c dey tink tat it mkes dem look kewl but its jus rly annoyin.

There's a difference between typing lyk dat and typing like tht. (Missing out on letters, wrong grammer, or SOME short forms - everyone does it! :D )

Another one.

When people say stuff like... "I'm ugly." "I have no talent." "I can't sing." "I can't draw." "I can't write." You get the picture. Then POST what they are saying they can't do...

In my books, it's normally just for compliments. If you honestly thought it was so bad you wouldn't post it. It's even worse when people compliment them after they say that and then they continue to say "I'm bad." "It sucks." ect.

Drives me up the wall. No respect for these type of people.

Another one.

When people say stuff like... "I'm ugly." "I have no talent." "I can't sing." "I can't draw." "I can't write." You get the picture. Then POST what they are saying they can't do...

In my books, it's normally just for compliments. If you honestly thought it was so bad you wouldn't post it. It's even worse when people compliment them after they say that and then they continue to say "I'm bad." "It sucks." ect.

Drives me up the wall. No respect for these type of people.

Okay ahahahah that sounds exactly like what I'm doing.

TO JUSTIFY MYSELF. I don't like people like that either, but right now I can actually give an answer to why I'm doing it. I post it because I don't mind putting the terrible bit of me on display, because it's all me. If you only get the perfect bit of me, it's not me you're seeing, it's part of me. What I'm good at, bad at, terrible at - go ahead and judge, or view me. I don't care, it's who I am. And the continuing to say it bit - I guess it's because I know who I am and what I'm good at, what I'm not. It's not like when I say this, more people will go NO YOU'RE AMAZING. They'll just accept it, possibly judge me, and move on 8D

In the meanwhile, I hate people who spread gossip. I'm sorry, I just can't take it.

Oh how I can forget about the current weather here, there has been thunderstorms EVERYWHERE and EVERY DAY (not necessarily though, but still) , the rain doesn't bother me as much as the thunderstorms, it's been bothering me since late October, I hate that I always have to face it every time in those days. :S